• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Just took 250 mg of diphenhydraminel... bad idea. what do i do?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I got really upset and had no other drugs other than 2 mg of lorazepam which i already took and popped 250 mg of diphenhydramine a minute ago. now i realize how dumb of an idea that was and have no idea what to do

EDIT: I think im starting to trip but i have HPPD so its hard to tell. Nothing unpleasant though. EDited at 1015 pm, 8 minutes after original post

edit 2: 1053 pm. definitely feel it. also minor hallucinations appeared, and its supoer hard to more ;ated do latre

edit 3: I turned out fine, i actually had a good trip. It was very weak but still surprisingly pleasant.

Last edited:
Chances are you're not gonna trip, you'll just fall asleep. Generally speaking DPH needs to be dosed at or above 500mg to get into the freaky zone. (disclaimer: not saying it can't happen with less but that's just my experience)

If it makes you feel any better the strongest DPH based sleeping medications are something along the lines of 150 mg per dose.

^ Yes stay hydrated. 250mg is a light to normal dose, however it can impair vision and coordination so don't drive! You might experience an unpleasant, restless body high. Sedation is certainly possible, but you should be fine at this dose. Be careful with this stuff, higher doses can induce delirium, and cause cardiac problems.

Drink lots of fluids with a reasonable amount of salt in the mix either in the form of snacks or just a sprinkle in the water. You can find recipe's for easy rehydration therapy that's safe and easy to make at home. When you're in a delirious state and extremely thirsty, the potential for over-hydration is definitely present.

250mg isn't a very high dose honestly. I take 125mg - 150mg of Diphenhydramine just to put me to sleep. There's only a slight change in the accuity of my vision and in how bright/vivid colors seem, no delirium though. Hopefully you will just go to sleep. I don't have a lot of sympathy for you guys. There's too much information available online indicating that this is not a fun experience.

I wouldn't overhydrate as it can cause really bad urinary retention in people prone to that.