• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just switched to Lexapro from Prozac, still take Valium. Can I...

Ringo88

Bluelighter
Safely combine 5-10mg of Hydrocodone? I was taking 40mg of Prozac, but just yesterday switched over to 20mg of Lexapro. I take 9mg of Valium a day.

I didn't know if Lexapro itself had any effect on Valium or Hydrocodone. Couldn't find anything, but wanted to be sure!

You should be fine. I havent heard of or had any problems taking Lexepro while on Valium or Hydrocodone. No need to worry =D

9mg of Valium ? That's an odd dose. I know they make 2mg, 5mg, and 10mg tablets...but 9mg?

Yeah, you should be fine. I am also curious how you ended up on 9mg though

Yeah, the dose has to do with tapering. I was once taking the equivalent of like 60 Diazepam a day, when I was taking Klonopin.

Switched over to Valium because of even longer half life, at 30mg. Been about a year and a half, and just got under 10.

I now have to go 1mg at a time. Hard, but slow and steady wins the race :)

And thanks guys. I took a 5mg Hydro about 2 and a half hours ago, and another 5mg about 40 minutes ago. Feeling pretty damn great.

A drug interaction exists between Lexapro and hydrocodone that can produce serotonin syndrome but it very unlikely. You rarely here about it happening but nonetheless it is listed as an interaction.

Things to look for:

Increased heart rate

Myoclonic jerk ( tends to be a prevalent symptom when serotonin syndrome is induced by an interaction between an SSRI and oxycodone.

Irritability

Even if this interaction did cause serotonin syndrome it would likely be very mild. You probably have nothing to worry about though.