• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

just rolled last night, do I really need to take egcg with 5htp?(can't find egcg in stores)

tazz20

Bluelighter
please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, but I decided to take some ecstasy last night at home for music livestreams. I know a lot of people swear by supplementing with 5htp after, and an online consensus I'm getting is that you NEED to take it with egcg tea extract supplement so it absorbs properly or whatever. I didn't re-research this again prior to popping my doses so I'm dreading the potential tuesday blues tomorrow. I found some 5htp and egcg on Amazon but it won't come until at least Friday. I see different info saying you wanna take that stuff 24 hours after rolling. If I am only able to take it a few days after and slug it through, will I still be getting the benefits of restoring my brain? I looked in several pharmacies for egcg 400mg and couldn't find it. I've taken 5htp by itself in the past, and at least psychologically I felt better. This was during the last time I rolled which was almost a month ago. I think a lot of my raver friends only take 5htp by itself but I'm being led to believe it's not truly effective on it's own.

This thread is literally the first time I've ever heard this idea about "needing" to take ECGC with 5-HTP... and all I could find from a quick google was an unsourced and somewhat dubious post on reddit which seems to have been somewhat debunked in the first reply. Where are you getting this idea of an "online consensus"?

You don't "need" to take anything, you're not gonna die or wind up with permanent brain damage if you don't.

If it makes you feel better to take some 5-HTP though I'm sure it won't do you any harm and I really wouldn't stress about not being able to take the exact right formulation endorsed by the reddit broscience brigade.

If you take it solo it’s likely just going to be converted peripherally. Adding a decarboxylase inhibitor is standard just like with l-dopa and is typically how it’s used in studies.

You don’t have to obviously but it’s going to make it notably more effective.

EGCG is just green tea extract so if you’re looking for plain EGCG then you won’t find it

If you take it solo it’s likely just going to be converted peripherally. Adding a decarboxylase inhibitor is standard just like with l-dopa and is typically how it’s used in studies.

You don’t have to obviously but it’s going to make it notably more effective.

EGCG is just green tea extract so if you’re looking for plain EGCG then you won’t find it
this is essentially what I was referring tk

This thread is literally the first time I've ever heard this idea about "needing" to take ECGC with 5-HTP... and all I could find from a quick google was an unsourced and somewhat dubious post on reddit which seems to have been somewhat debunked in the first reply. Where are you getting this idea of an "online consensus"?

You don't "need" to take anything, you're not gonna die or wind up with permanent brain damage if you don't.

If it makes you feel better to take some 5-HTP though I'm sure it won't do you any harm and I really wouldn't stress about not being able to take the exact right formulation endorsed by the reddit broscience brigade.
I'm seeing it in a fee fee sources including dancesafe as well. maybe you don't really "need" to but I fell under the impression it's not really doing what it's supposed to properly without that other stuff

Tea is an excellent source of EGCG, both black and green.

Also, a whole protien source with many amino acids is probably better for recovery than focusing exclsuively on 5-HTP (which does very little to change brain serotonin levels anyway).

As for whether you have to take a certain dose of either, I don't think it matters, I highly doubt you'll see a massive change no matter what kind of dosing of EGCG and 5-HTP you take.

Yeah I wouldn’t get caught up in dosing much. I think 100-200mg a night the few days after a roll can help in the short term and then just rely on good diet and exercise to let things get back to normal after that