• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just picked up liquid morphine sulfate 100mg per 5ml, not familiar need advice

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
So I am very experienced with oxycontin and dilaudid but have never used liquid morphine sulfate. Was just given some 100mg per 5ml and want to get a good dose. I can take 40mg oxycontin and be totally fine, 80 if I wanna get smashed. What dose do your recommend? I just took 1ml(20mg) under the tongue to try it out but im guessing that is not going to be enough? I researched a bit but people are all over the place. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

I would say start around 40mg. This probably is a bit of an underdose but remember Oxycontin has delayed onset and lower peak than IR formulations. If 40mg is underwhelming, push it up in 10-20mg increments until you find your sweet spot. I think it could be anywhere from 60-100mg but I do not know the frequency in which you take opioids nor any other pertinent personal info about you. You can always take more, but cannot untake any amount.

Awesome thanks a lot for the info I will try another plunge full as I do not feel much, other than a stomache ache which I experienced before a long time ago when I tried morph pills. Can you or any1 else tell me is this stomache ache an allergic reaction or normal? Is there anyway to combat it. I haven't been the healthiest with my diet lately but I am pretty sure this pain is from the morph. Thanks

Definitely not an allergy. Most common adverse reactions are GI complaints like nausea, vomitting and constipation. Food my help settle the stomach or there are various OTC and Rx meds to treat it.

Stomach upset is a fairly common issue for people new to MS, so it likely is that.

You know, 40mg for a good buzz and 80mg for smashed isn't really that big of a tolerance. It isn't tiny but if one 80 is getting you rocked it means you aren't doing it every day like that. Keep in mind that Roxanol is gonna set your tolerance up there if you keep doing it. You know where that train stops, right?

Be careful. Lots of folks have stood on the same platform in the same station you're in right now, and they all would tell you not to get on board.

Ok now my stomach is burning so bad I am not a little bitch and this hurts really really bad. I really don't want to go to the hospital. This can't be normal. What can I do to combat this

Burning or nausea? Try some Zantac and if you have Meclizine or Dramamine or even Pepto-Bismal. Will help for both symptoms.

burning very very bad its been like 3 hours now I dont have anything like that around. this is bad

What do you have? Can you not get some now? If real bad you may need to go get help.

Do you have experience with liquid morph? Have you ever heard of any1 having extreme pain like this for 3 hours?

Never had bad stomach pain from morph...non wrose than the occasional heart burn that I get from oxy. Have you tried plugging? Might save your stomach and the BA is much higher rectally than oral. Take it from someone that used to be really against it, plugging ain't that bad. Especially if you get higher or use ked to get equally high

I have had the liquid oral morphine. Its a bottle that has a dropper built into the cap that has two marks. The first is 1ml, the second is 2ml.

If your stomach is bothering you that much, you may have an allergy to one of the ingredients that takes away the bitter flavor or gives it its syrupy quality.

for future reference. Morphine has about 30% BA orally...If you get that rocked off of an eighty then try .5ml, as that is 10mg, and work your way up.

Last edited:
Don't drink it. Twetny mg per os (orally) is not enough to get you high, as oral morphine is poorly absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract. In the hospital, the starter dose of IV morphine sulfate is 2mg, which may be in certain instances increased incrementally by 2mg at a time if and only if the doctor approves every request for increased dosage. Do not exceed 8mg IV--if not less--without a tolerance, and with preferably Narcan in hand along with at least a relatively sober person to administer it to reverse possible overdosage if possible. Of course, nobody wants to go the hospital, but sometimes you just need to be brave and do the right thing. You could conceivably hemorrhage to death if you don't. As already stated elsewhere, in the future, consider plugging a known amount / volume into your ass.

^^^he has the syrup you get when you have certain cancers. It is very similar to cough syrup but cotains high dosages of morphine.

image.cfm

Last edited:
So I am very experienced with oxycontin and dilaudid but have never used liquid morphine sulfate. Was just given some 100mg per 5ml and want to get a good dose. I can take 40mg oxycontin and be totally fine, 80 if I wanna get smashed. What dose do your recommend? I just took 1ml(20mg) under the tongue to try it out but im guessing that is not going to be enough? I researched a bit but people are all over the place. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

FYI the bio-availability of morphine, when taken orally, is very low (20 -40 percent). So if you take it orally, of the 100mg present in the 5ml solution, you can expect to actually have an active dose of 20 - 40mg in your system. If it's 100mg/5ml, it could be taken IV (with a 5ml barrel, obviously). Then, for all intents and purposes, you'd be getting 100% of the 100mg. There are quite a lot of people (not necessarily on this site, but in the general community) who have never been taught about bio-availability. No need for a long explanation here - just know that taking drugs orally doesn't mean you're getting the dose which is on the label.

Disclaimer: If you are not an IV user, I DO NOT RECOMMEND BECOMING ONE. it is fraught with potential, unwanted problems like hep-c (if you use sloppily with others - here is Australia we have a needle-exchange program but still, most IV users end up with it anyway), osteo-myelitis (infection in bone due to the presence of toxins in the water), endo-carditis ( bacterial infection which settles in the heart or near it - requiring open heart surgery and heart-valve replacement), vein collapse, pulmonary embolism (a blood-clot which travels to the lungs - not good), septicemia (from contaminated water - although you gotta be pretty unlucky to get that one) HIV (again unlikely but still an elevated risk)....the list goes on.

Oxycodone has a much more efficient bio-availability, as do other opiates. Check with your local web-browser *cough* I mean doctor

Peace :)

I advise not to IV this solution. It is full of things that make it taste different, and thickeners. You will have a bad time. Why does everyone want to iv this. Its just like cough syrup with morphine in it. Would you IV cough syrup?

I advise not to IV this solution. It is full of things that make it taste different, and thickeners. You will have a bad time. Why does everyone want to iv this. Its just like cough syrup with morphine in it. Would you IV cough syrup?

I think a lot of us (including myself) were not aware of this product I assumed he was talking about IV vials. They would not be advising him to IV an oral suspension. That is pretty wild, I never knew that existed, sounds pretty legit 100mg/5ml? Yes please back in the day I would have loved this. Already in liquid form perfect for plugging (best way to use morphine aside from IV.

I "acquired" Five bottles of this from a woman that had a husband that died of cancer. I donated lots of money and food to them, as they were pretty well destitute after he died. As my name implies I'm a chef by trade. I also made them a bunch of lasagnas and other casseroles to put in the freezer....but having this...it was like all the cooking made me cherish each moment I was doing it...as a morphine high does.

On a side note...it comes with a dropper built into the lid......perfect for plugging, lol. Also, CWE works on the suspension.