• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Just one of those random tweaker questions I guess

Spcd_dysphoria

Greenlighter
I've been off meth a while now, until the past month where I've been back using daily. But this time I've noticed the lower my dose, the more side effects and anxiety I have on that given day. Compared to when I dose high I have much less negative effects. I'm just curious as to why this is? ..is my body becoming dependent on a substantial dose of meth to feel okay, or am I just simply so high on days I don't limit my dosing that I just don't even notice the negative affects I focus on at lower doses??

Edit** ..justs realized this sorta thing is better placed in "basic drug discussions" I apologise. If anyone knows how to move it... Or whatever you gotta do ? ...I've been lurking here for years when im looking to answer a question or doing research, but still don't know how you guys operate on this forum, at least as far as where my thoughts are appropriate to post!!

Last edited:
Meth is a fucked up drug in the sense that once you go daily, it can be hard to tell if you?ve taken too much or not enough.

I always found if I got high enough, I?d lose the anxiety and other side effects, until I got too high, and the paranoia began.

My opinion, dose low and take a Valium.

I've been off meth a while now, until the past month where I've been back using daily. But this time I've noticed the lower my dose, the more side effects and anxiety I have on that given day. Compared to when I dose high I have much less negative effects. I'm just curious as to why this is? ..is my body becoming dependent on a substantial dose of meth to feel okay, or am I just simply so high on days I don't limit my dosing that I just don't even notice the negative affects I focus on at lower doses??

Edit** ..justs realized this sorta thing is better placed in "basic drug discussions" I apologise. If anyone knows how to move it... Or whatever you gotta do  ...I've been lurking here for years when im looking to answer a question or doing research, but still don't know how you guys operate on this forum, at least as far as where my thoughts are appropriate to post!!

This kind of thread has multiple answers. It is fine here.

I personally think it is hitting a sweet spot of sorts. When you hit it, things are great. When you over shoot it, you may be noided out, or when you come in too low, it is aggravating because your body knows your close, but not hitting the sweet spot.

That is a oversimplification

Last edited:
I agree with the King and think it has to do with FosB and delta FosB, the same type of thing that causes an increased heart rate and a mix of anxiety + excitement when your dealer calls/ texts or you're picking up a CII script while in WD's. Your body wants to hit it's sweet spot or full on high that it's accustomed to and expects. Another reason while tapering can be so hard and for the "Just one more day at my full dose, I'll start tapering tomorrow" or like the Jane's Addiction song where they sing "Gonna kick tomorr--ow".

Transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms of addiction.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21989194