• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'Just Narc Me'

AnythingEverything

Bluelighter
I apologise if this has been posted already, I did do several searches but came up with nothing. Please delete or link me to an existing thread if there is one?

But who has seen this article? Basically it speaks of a 'new trend' amongst i opiate addicts who designate a sober person, intentionally OD and then say 'narcan me' to stop them dying.

http://www.emsworld.com/video/12195680/just-narc-me-new-trend-among-addicts

To me this seems like a whole lot of propaganda BS, it's all over FB with outrage and how we should 'just get rid of narcan and rid the world of addicts' and other such nonsense ???

To me, it does not make any sense, correct me if I am wrong but I don't know any addicis that WANT to ruin their high by being given narcan?! It can be painful, sends you into withdrawal, not to mention it doesn't always work, you may not have the right amount, you may be too far gone etc etc. Plus so many OD's involve mixing opiates with benzos/alcohol etc against which narcan is pointless. To me it seems like a bunch of BS made up to further fuel the fire against addicts. Or I could be totally out of the loop and it's actually a thing....

Nonsense as I suspect, or is this really a thing? Comments?

Last edited:
given the state people who are physically dependent find themselves in after narcan administration they certainly are not doing this.. If other people are well you can't fix stupid.

If any addict/dependent person has been given narcan they will not want this at all. I have received narcan a couple times and it is not so fun. Also ODing is not fun either. Feeling your life ebb out of you because you can't breath out is terrifying.

The whole idea of people purposely ODing to narcan themselves is just anti harm reduction propaganda. It fits into a narrative that is easily digested by the ignorant.

Totally. Who in their right mind knowingly wants to ruin their high and go through that. Seeing this and so many ignorant people commenting who have fallen for it really p!ssed me off

Sounds like another made for the media, urban legend; but, then again, there isn't a lot I WOULD put past junkies actually doing. Therefore, I don't think we're in a position here to definitely say yes or no to the question of is this happening.

Sounds like another made for the media, urban legend; but, then again, there isn't a lot I WOULD put past junkies actually doing. Therefore, I don't think we're in a position here to definitely say yes or no to the question of is this happening.

That is true too, which I guess is why I posyed it. My first reaction was to be a bit frustrated by the mainstream 'reader comments' hating on junkies say they should get rid of narcan and let them all die etc. But im older now and not in those same circles anymore, it seems crazy to me but I wondered if there was anyone who actually knows of this happening?! The dangers aside, I don't know many who can afford jusr to waste a shot like that.