• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Just got out of the hospital\ blood in lungs??

Rewphythelazerkidz

Greenlighter
Hey everyone I just got out of the hospital after spending 5 days on ICU due to complications from my most recent heroin overdose. This whole situation really has scratching my head.
Here's what happened and why it's weird.
Thursday morning I woke up and had breakfast,a shower and decided to go ahead and do a smaller than usual fix since I had plans to see family soon
Now I'd been using out of this same bag since Christmas Eve and my tolerance was at about .1 for a good nod. I weighed out 75mgs and shot up. Everything seemed fine and the last thing I remember was sitting down to smoke a joint. Next thing I remember my friend (randomly showed up) was yelling at me to get up and her told me he'd already given me 3 vials of naloxone and we were going the hospital. The whole way there I felt like head was going to explode and I was coughing up hella blood. I also was having a very hard time breathing. When I got to the ER my blood oxygen level was 75 and they brought an x-ray machine out and then told me I would be inductated (spelling). By this the narcan was wearing off and I was starting to nod again. I woke up Saturday morning and pulled the ventilator out convinced I was choking on something and they finally let me out this morning. Anyway they said I have aspiration pneumonia SVD whenever I asked about the blood they just kept saying it was from where they put in a ventilator. I know I was coughing up blood before I got to the hospital. Also how could I OD on such a low dose of a product when I'd used that batch at least 8 times at higher dosages than the one that damn near killed me. Just letting everyone know something funky going on this day and age and even though I tend to sit on the pro heroin side of the fence I'm really for the first time in my 7 years of IV use seriously considering maintenance
Peace.

Do you live on the east coast? It could be cut with fentanyl as you can guess and maybe that 75 mgs you slammed happened to be the powder part of the bag that had mostly fentanyl in it .
So I have a serious question for you that I've always wondered , so if you were there 5 days are you clean now? Did you detox in the hospital during that time? Are you clean now how do you feel? I've always wondered that... or did they give you opiates to stabilize you ?

Yes I live in NC. All they gave me was attivan - NO OPIATES. After I woke up on Saturday the only sleep I got was 3 hours last night. Detoxing on ICU not recommended. I'm not clean right now the first thing I did was get high but I'm working on getting on subs maintenance.

Of course only tests can tell, but sounds like a hotspot of unevenly cut dope likely fentanyl, but could just been an ultra concentration of heroin vs the rest of the dope. Only lab tests can tell

I'm still really curious about where the blood came from. I've 2 other ODs before this and never coughed up blood. On the way to the hospital I actually remember vomiting but it was All blood. Anyway I have an appointment with a sub Dr. Monday. If anyone knows do sub doctors normally want you to be dirty for your first appointment out should I start trying to withdraw now?

I'm still really curious about where the blood came from. I've 2 other ODs before this and never coughed up blood. On the way to the hospital I actually remember vomiting but it was All blood. Anyway I have an appointment with a sub Dr. Monday. If anyone knows do sub doctors normally want you to be dirty for your first appointment out should I start trying to withdraw now?

I came up clean on my first piss test at my sub Dr and he kind of thought maybe I was a scammer at first but I was in obvious opioid withdrawal and was truthful about the last time I used 3days prior. Just to be safe I would just do a little bit to make sure your drug test is dirty. Take in your discharge papers from the hospital that say you od on heroin if they have any doubts if you do piss clean. If you're going to do some before you go in I would just sniff a little bit. You're at a high risk of overdosing again. The next time could easily kill you.