• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Just got a script of stilnox, what should I be careful of?

Hektissity

Bluelighter
Hey guys, my doctor just gave me a prescription for stilnox as I sometimes have trouble sleeping with anxiety. It normally only gets bad after stimulant use (ice/speed etc.) so I only really plan to take them when on come downs or after big weekends when trying to get to sleep.

Iv heard some bad things about stilnox so I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be concerned about before I take any, thanks

Hey guys, my doctor just gave me a prescription for stilnox as I sometimes have trouble sleeping with anxiety. It normally only gets bad after stimulant use (ice/speed etc.) so I only really plan to take them when on come downs or after big weekends when trying to get to sleep.

Iv heard some bad things about stilnox so I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be concerned about before I take any, thanks

taking a couple then unknowingly eating the whole bottle/sheet and going into a delusional mis-adventure with no re-collectoin...

well that what all the stories say that Ive read on BL.. havnt personally have em and dont think I will, too much whack shit seems to happen when your stay awake n endure the effects of it but I could be wrong here

Yeah my mates dad used to do that shit on them but he was always drinking on them. Iv got doxylamine as well I might try them first but if they don't work might try the stilnox. As long as there's no issues taking those 2 together

Taking them to come down from stimulants sounds like a terrible idea, it's a recipe for the exact kind of horror stories you're trying to avoid.

Get some benzos. Failing that, get some seroquel (although I personally loath it, some people seem to have no problem with seroquel as a post-pipe sleep aid).

as said, expect some bizarre behaviour with severe black outs when combining with a tweeker comedown!

look into pre and post loading to dampen the negative effects....it can make a difference

something better than quetiapine is ziprasidone - I personally found it outstanding for meth comedowns

Last edited:
I've been taking stilnox or imarest for years on and off.

I find that the more serious side effects such as amnesia, doing weird shit etc. only really happen once a tolerance develops and you need 3+ pills to sleep. It only happens in smaller doses if I have been chatting to my girlfriend in bed after taking it and I don't fall asleep after it kicks in. Nothing major happens other than saying a bunch of weird shit I don't remember.

I think if used when trying to sleep after coming down of stims you may increase the risk of black outs and acting strangly if you don't fall asleep (which could be quite likely). Just don't do something stupid like try and drive.

I find it very effective for insomnia initially. However, after tolerance develops I found issues with memory begin to occur (partially memory loss of what happens during the day) plus quite serious exhaustion as you never get a restful sleep on it (apparently it inhibits REM sleep).

Best to use it sparingly if possible. I try and alternate between it and restavit.

have you guys ever gone down the path of low dose antipsychotic meds for insomnia? I know there appears to be some bad press around that however my experience is anything but. you don't have such a tolerance issue, agree there is the after effects of lethargy however that is only at the start of therapy and it quickly disappears, it reduces anxiety level and has some antidepressant qualities.

Agree there are some negative parts - possible weight gain, akathesia etc etc however these can be managed well to the point that they don't play a part

geez, I just reread what I wrote and can't believe I've changed my tune as I was so anti antipsychotics not that long ago however what made the difference was finding the right med at the right dose and having the right psych supporting you

Ehhh not a fan of Stilnox at all, but that's just personal preference. I've had some pretty messy experiences on Stilnox, well, they were messy based on what mates told me the next day, I have little to no recollection of what happened at all. Seroquel again is something I avoid, I've wound up feeling crook as all hell taking Seroquel. Me personally, I would try and get benzos for sleep, personally I find things like diazepam and temazepam far too weak to give a good sedation for sleeping, if you have little to no tolerance to benzos then 0.5 - 1mg of alprazolam would do the trick, I find it works incredibly well, especially when coming down from stims. The only issue being doctors are very reluctant to prescribe it (for obvious reasons), but it would definitely be my personal recommendation anyway :)

I used to take Xanax to get to sleep after stim come downs but it doesn't work any more. I just get the heavy body load from it and still can't sleep. Is there any problems with stilnox and choof (marijuana)? Planning on having a jozz tonight but sometimes it kicks my anxiety in and as I don't have any benzo's I'll end up taking a stilnox to get to sleep if it gets bad. Though Iv also got so me doxylamine succinate here that I might try first unless there's any issues with that

Don't drink on stilnox, don't associate with former gold medal winning swimmers, don't run naked through a hotel cranked out on stilnox and booze. It can be addictive. Don't mix with meth and think your going to come down n sleep. If you do it might be you ringing people at 4 am telling them your DJing in Italy and they should come join the party. Happened to a friend of a friend of mine...

I used to take Xanax to get to sleep after stim come downs but it doesn't work any more. I just get the heavy body load from it and still can't sleep. Is there any problems with stilnox and choof (marijuana)? Planning on having a jozz tonight but sometimes it kicks my anxiety in and as I don't have any benzo's I'll end up taking a stilnox to get to sleep if it gets bad. Though Iv also got so me doxylamine succinate here that I might try first unless there's any issues with that
None. I mean cancer from smoking the joint but hey live in any major city and air pollution is on par. As for the interaction of cannabis and stilnox nil, unlike booze. Doxylamine would be my first point of call but if dope makes you anxious is it worth smoking?

I'd imagine eating a hash cookie would fuck you right up but seriously it's the best HR advice. Don't smoke weed just eat it. Cranberry and walnut cookies anyone? Ground cannabis and herbs mixed with olive oil, balsamic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper on a salad? Fresh basil, oregano, ground cannabis buds, canna butter, bread crumbs and crushed macadamia nuts as a stuffing for a roast chicken? Same can be used with say beef just flatten the piece with a mallet and add the breadcrumb, canna butter and ground cannabis and herbs to one side of the steak, liberal use of olive oil, roll it up, bake and eat!!

Stilnox not great for anxiety but i'm not a doctor. Basically you want the blue 12.5mg extended release so watch out if they try to give you the ten millies and dont eat them too quick. If ineffective, for sleep Mogadon (Nitrazepam a hypnotic benzo) is great but half life 25 hours so without tolerance drowsy the next day. Temzepam is a weaker hypnotic benzo half lif 10-12 hours so no drowsy next day but reckon your best bet would be inquiring about Ativan (Lorazepam). It is a benzo that contains anxiolytic (to ease the anxiety) and hypnotic (covers the sleep) properties. Neither Stilnox nor Ativan are PBS Subsidized making them more expensive but generic Ativan recently became available. Like I said no doctor but Stilnox does nothing for anxiety. Ativan and Valium are the cleanest benzos so doc's choice worth asking if suitable only because it will help you in both areas.