• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Just Got a Perscription for Adderal, a Few Questions and Concerns

Fraggot456

Greenlighter
Hello, I'm going to explain my situation first and then go on to ask a few questions, if you could offer some feedback on whether my concerns are legitimate/have a basis or any advice you have relating to my situation I would greatly appreciate it :)

Background

In the past, I have used Adderall, Ritalin, and Vyvanse, either as a tool for learning or recreationally. If if had to guess I'd say 4-6 times within the last 2 years. I have enjoyed them quite a bit (especially during sex) but have never felt the need to get my own prescription or take them more frequently as a medication until recently.

Context

On the 11th of this month, I went to see my school psychiatrist (boarding school), with the intent of obtaining a prescription for Vyvanse. Both my mother and brother currently have a prescription for either Adderall or Vyvanse, and both have reported great improvement. My mom saying it helped with her "ADHD"*1 and my brother saying it helped with his Sensory Processing Disorder (think a mild type of autism). Although my father has always made sure to instill a sense of skepticism surrounding modern medicine from a young age, I began to wonder if I had ADD or a type of autism since we've stopped talking 4-ish months ago. Furthermore, if taking medication could make my life easier.

Reasons I Asked for a Prescription

• Even though I've always been a good student (disregarding my freshman year when I had to be hospitalized for depression) I've had problems focusing in class on subjects that I wasn't 100% interested in.
    • (Despite this, I am still an A/B student who doesn't have to work that hard to get his marks)
  • I am anti-social, mainly due to my lack of self-confidence and seemingly being unable to discern body language and tone.
  • I would forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body, I'm constantly losing things, forgetting obligations.
    • (So much so that I've started to keep a journal with me of these things)
  • I'm often unable to remember keywords that I need to say to be able to convey what I'm thinking to others clearly.
    • (Very inconvenient and awkward when I get frustrated at myself and have to change the topic until the word I was looking for pops into my head)
  • I've long since had a lack of motivation which I had associated with my depression.
  • I have a tendency to blurt out things as soon as they come into my head
    • (Relating to this I speak and figure out what I'm going to say as I go along, I'm not sure if this is what everyone does but I feel like I'm improving every times I open my mouth)
  • I've generally been a disorganized person for the entirety of my life even though I prefer things neat and orderly.

Result and My Subsequent Actions

The doctor thought all of my complaints*2 warranted a prescription. Unfortunately, not Vyvanse but 5mg of Adderall with the instructions of 1 pill for the first 3 days, 2 for the next set of 3, and 3 for the final if I felt I still wasn't achieving the desired effects. Fortunately, I now hold Adderall in a higher place than Vyvanse. Unfortunately, I am concerned this may be because I haven't stuck to my doctor's dosage instructions and have been misusing the medication. The Wednesday I got the prescription I snorted*3 10mg, the effects of energy and sociability lasted for only a few hours while the euphoria even less so dissipating within the first 45 minutes. Thursday I parachuted*4 20mg, 10mg after breakfast around 7:30 A.M and another 10 mg after lunch at 12:30 P.M. This gave me noticeable effects all day that started to fading at 11:00 A.M. and then again around 4:00 P.M. Friday I kinda went out of control using 25mg or 30mg throughout the day, can't quite remember, and then 10mg more around 12:00 A.M. this morning. *5

Positives of Current Situation

Although I was initially disappointed with the type of medication and the low dosage, I have been happy with the results so far. Focusing in school has been 100x easier as if I'm always genuinely interested no matter what the subject is. I feel extremely motivated and have started taking participation very seriously in the recent school meetings. The journal that I used to keep has evolved into day to day action plans which have been very helpful in keeping me organized. And by far the most meaningful difference is how much more sociable I am. With my new found confidence I've begun to initiate conversations as well as be more open and less embarrassed about asking others to clarify their social cues that I think I might be missing, this brings me a lot of happiness knowing that I'm connecting with other people and we are communicating clearly as opposed to my usual anxiety that I am misinterpreting something.

Notes

*1 "ADHD" because I believe she is just using the medication to do paperwork for court and semi-often she'll stay up all night
*2 I exaggerated them to him because I was nervous that he would be skeptical if I wasn't and not give me medication that I honestly think helps me
*3 That was my preferred ROA for Ritalin but with Adderall it really made my nose hurt, I do not plan on doing this ever again
*4 Preferred ROA
*5 I dorm with an International student from China and I cannot stand the Mandarin language, it feels like someone is assaulting my ears. This leads to me just laying in my bed while he and his 3 Chinese friends play League of Legends until 3 A.M. I just wanted to be productive during that time instead of just suffering in my bed trying to fall asleep.

Concerns

• Would my overall usage (Wednesday and Thursday) be defined as recreational? Specifically looking at the effects of confidence and sociability?

• If no, then will the confidence and sociability I am experiencing eventually fade out completely?
    • I realized the euphoria will, but the confidence and sociability are really making my life better and I could see them being my main reason for continuing taking the drug non-recreationally.

• Is it abuse if I felt like 5mg wasn't enough and started taking more disregarding my doctors plan? Even though I've had some experience with these types of drugs in the past?
    • (I strongly think Friday was abuse because I was taking it to be social and avoid other problems instead of solving them head on and ended up not falling asleep, hence my anxiousness of abuse and my 4 hour research marathon)

• By using other methods besides orally taking the intact pill (like parachuting) have I warranted concern for possible abuse?

• How often can I take more than my prescribed dose without seriously risking addiction?

• Or can you become psychologically addicted to Adderall from prescribed use?

• I'm confident my doctor will prescribe me a higher dosage this Wednesday if I ask for it, should I?
    • (I feel as though that 2 15mg IR, 1 after breakfast and another after lunch, should be all I need but I don't want to do this if there is a serious chance of addiction)

• Do I really need medication or have I deluded myself into thinking that I do and that it works?
    • (I guess no one else but me can answer this question...)

Final Words
I just want to say that I am 95% sure that Adderall has helped and will help me in the future, especially going into college next year which is sure to be a shock due to my very low intensity classes that I take now. I also believe I have an above average amount of willpower and reservation when it comes to drugs and using them, but as I have never taken any stimulants regularly before so I am worried of any unforeseen consequences. Thanks for reading if you made it this far, I wrote this on the Friday night I didn't sleep and am kinda coming down now so I am just realizing I could have just been slightly paranoid but I would still appreciate feedback if you agree with this or disagree with this. Also, it's my first post on this website after visiting threads for the past few years so I'm sorry if this in unconventional or there are similar threads. I also want to apologize if I am under the age limit, I couldn't find it listed anywhere for this website.

Judging from the length of that, your regimen has already started... But since you've used white space I will read it and see what I can add...

Jeebis, nice essay there bud.

Okay, I guess anything outside of the medications instructions,. can be considered abuse, although it sounds like your doc is.trying to find the proper dosage. 5mg really aint shit.

Yea you can become addicted, even at prescribed doses. How often you can use and still avoid addiction, isn't an exact science. It depends on multiple variables.. dosage,.frequency, metabolism, body weight, brain chemistry, ect,ect.

Be completely honest with your doc, tell him 5mg didn't have any effect, and that you needed to take more... I hope I covered everything, you through like 6 questions out there,.if I missed any, just ask.again.

If suddenly you became sociable when you ingested the addy, then Youd have to presume that it would fade as the addy wears off.

- Hopeless 7nos

Concerns

• Would my overall usage (Wednesday and Thursday) be defined as recreational? Specifically looking at the effects of confidence and sociability?

No, although it's not as intended it could still be seen as functional. But what's more important, you're on a pretty low, sustainable dosage, and recreational use is mainly bad because of tolerance and damage due to far higher dosages.

• If no, then will the confidence and sociability I am experiencing eventually fade out completely?
    • I realized the euphoria will, but the confidence and sociability are really making my life better and I could see them being my main reason for continuing taking the drug non-recreationally.

• No actual time frame, but if you stick to 5 days of rest, it could take a whole lot of time before tolerance is a factor. If you could spread those two days apart, even better.

• Is it abuse if I felt like 5mg wasn't enough and started taking more disregarding my doctors plan? Even though I've had some experience with these types of drugs in the past?
    • (I strongly think Friday was abuse because I was taking it to be social and avoid other problems instead of solving them head on and ended up not falling asleep, hence my anxiousness of abuse and my 4 hour research marathon)
  • yes, taking more than prescribed is abuse, but in the US and the way you get it described, you can't be sure of any situation. 5mg is average for a single dose. 10 will be the max x 4 times a day = 40, maybe 50 mg per day in The Netherlands. But taking it for other reasons than not functioning well / being able to live a normal life = abuse. But this is a grey area. If you never talk to women because anxious, and now you can, she might find out you're a fine partner etc etc and live as a happy family. THen again, some people would think "well she didnt fall in love with the real me" . I'm not a very uptight person when it comes to rules that allow discussion, but you just have to be honest with yourself in this one

• By using other methods besides orally taking the intact pill (like parachuting) have I warranted concern for possible abuse?

Yes, most definitely. You do it to have a faster onset than is meant to be. This is a euphoric effect that should not be chased as it will take more every time. Accept that it is not a joyride and that joyriding would be highly unsustainable even if you had
unlimited access

• How often can I take more than my prescribed dose without seriously risking addiction?

None. This is a bit harsh, but don;'t start wheeling and dealing. You probably won't be stronger the next time you experience a crave for more. Instead, tell your doctor how you feel, he might give you some more because he started low, or he will explain why that is not a good idea. Stick to that.

Actually, you are saying it has been helping quite well, 100x better focus, yet the dose is too low. Red flag raised. Try to be happy with what you get from it, 100x better focus is pretty good.

Yes. Addiction to 5mg is very sustainable though. But here in The Netherlands we have a drug registration issue with dexamfetamine, resulting in a drought two weeks ago. And that was three days of sleeping and whining and eating way too much shite before I could start becoming a bit more functional again.

• I'm confident my doctor will prescribe me a higher dosage this Wednesday if I ask for it, should I?
    • (I feel as though that 2 15mg IR, 1 after breakfast and another after lunch, should be all I need but I don't want to do this if there is a serious chance of addiction)

XR sounds way better for you yes, it should be standard too. Money issue. Three pills a day normal release is shitty, because you will be rebounding after twelve hours, and can't sleep later. You actually sleep better on the stuff than coming down of it. IF YOU HAVE ADHD!

• Do I really need medication or have I deluded myself into thinking that I do and that it works?

This amazes me beyond belief every time I read it. I have seen it at least dozens of times. It is simply not true. There's a test that you can't fake and your doctor can't interpretate wrongly.: https://www.qbtech.com/qbtest.html

It's a 20 minute baseline test, then you take your medication, wait for an hour and test again. After that, you'll be 100% sure.

It is FDA approved, it's becoming common practice in many countries, yet in the US of A, nobody ever heard of it, AND ADHD diagnosis went THROUGH THE ROOF in the last 20 years.

Go figure. Your health system is four times as expensive as the second most expensive one. And it's not because of better equipment or training or whatever. It's the 1%, in this case Big Pharma, paying doctors to prescribe pills and lobbyists to hush hush about the fact that probably 95% of these diagnoses are pure bullshit.

Adderall is strange in itself. It's 75% dex- and 25% levo amphetamine. Read about it and wonder: what the fuck is the 25% levo doing in there? In europe you'd get dex 100%, that is, until our government fucked up taking care of patents and whatnot, so some immoral bastard will be making shitloads of war cash to spend on lobbyists too :)

But this is the Netherlands. They've invented a 2.5mg pill now, so we are going to pop shitloads, but not pay that asshole after all (this was a very much simplified reconstruction though).

As tough as this is going to be for you: if you want to do the right thing, get that test even risking losing the pills you have now. But you will feel very proud of it (I guess, eventually) for being a more responsible grownup than a lot of actual grownups. The thing is, if you don't have ADHD, that stuff is just drugs. Speed. And juding by your experiments in day one and two, you don't want it if you don't need it. You'll be filling the pockets of assholes and losing your health for it, too. They don't deserve that in exchange for a fleeting notion of wellbeing.

If suddenly you became sociable when you ingested the addy, then Youd have to presume that it would fade as the addy wears off.

- Hopeless 7nos

...and that is where you'll notice you can't feel sociable anymore without it. If this was the case already, then there's a point in taking (a little), but you'll choose for dependency (albeit mildly) in any case. What comes for free is hard to work for later. Try college without it, you can always decide its not working. The other way around is a path I never hear people about.

Be completely honest with your doc, tell him 5mg didn't have any effect

But that
wouldn't be honest, if you report it helps you focus a shitload better. I can't judge from here, but I think you'll feel better after a real test shows this is indeed the case, it sure sounds like it. I was getting good grades in high school, but I never had to work for that. That is going to be different in college though, where I failed miserably myself, only learning twenty years later I wasn't to blame for all that after all...

^ After re-reading, turns out he didn't take 5mg, just jumped to 10 right away.

Either way,.just be honest with your doc.

- SS373dOH Soul

LOL @ the remark about amphetamines are great when having sex. What did you do afterwards? Cruising the streets pumpin' yo ride, sippin' on the purple drank?

No I'm not being judgmental it just stings to realize I was probably clumsily trying to kiss an awkward girl at what I guess is your age. Our Kingdom of Free Sex And Drugs is soooo lame dude.

Anyway, you're maybe not as unsociable as you think if you're enjoying a sex life that can be mentioned as casually as you did.

Well, hour is up, that'll be 800 dollars please, on Obama's tab or cash?

Last edited:
Addiction to Amphetamines in general, I feel, is easy because in a lot of ways they do make you a better person; confidence, cognition, work ethic etc. When I was in my later years of high school, then college, I discovered how smooth and easily schoolwork was completed while under the influence. Because schoolwork can be so monotonous, especially if you're not interested in the subject matter, speed can become a major pitfall. You can end up with serious motivational issues in the absence of the medication.

I never experienced addiction to stimulants of any kind, barring a few binges here and there, so Amphetamines' effect on my motivation were always my biggest issue. There were more than a few times I would have a single evening to complete a large amount of work and I would spend hours chasing down Adderall with bums in Lowell, MA instead of just sitting down at my desk like a normal person and working. I felt like I literally couldn't do it without.

Concerns

None. This is a bit harsh, but don;'t start wheeling and dealing. You probably won't be stronger the next time you experience a crave for more. Instead, tell your doctor how you feel, he might give you some more because he started low, or he will explain why that is not a good idea. Stick to that.

Actually, you are saying it has been helping quite well, 100x better focus, yet the dose is too low. Red flag raised. Try to be happy with what you get from it, 100x better focus is pretty good.

XR sounds way better for you yes, it should be standard too. Money issue. Three pills a day normal release is shitty, because you will be rebounding after twelve hours, and can't sleep later. You actually sleep better on the stuff than coming down of it. IF YOU HAVE ADHD!

This amazes me beyond belief every time I read it. I have seen it at least dozens of times. It is simply not true. There's a test that you can't fake and your doctor can't interpretate wrongly.: https://www.qbtech.com/qbtest.html

As tough as this is going to be for you: if you want to do the right thing, get that test even risking losing the pills you have now. But you will feel very proud of it (I guess, eventually) for being a more responsible grownup than a lot of actual grownups. The thing is, if you don't have ADHD, that stuff is just drugs. Speed. And juding by your experiments in day one and two, you don't want it if you don't need it. You'll be filling the pockets of assholes and losing your health for it, too. They don't deserve that in exchange for a fleeting notion of wellbeing.
I'm sorry but for clarification what do you mean by "wheeling and dealing" and "stronger the next time you experience a crave for more"

And XR would be nice, especially if it would work better and make it harder for my future self to abuse.

Thank you so much for linking that! I'll make sure to wake up early tomorrow so I can take it off and then on the medication, I'm very interested in knowing the truth instead of worrying if I'm manipulating the system or not. Deep down I want to do the right thing but I can see myself being immature and scared about college that I will want a crutch to rely on. Maybe if I keep my prescription while I'm trying it on my own just in case if things go downhill fast I can recover before it's too late. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the advice, I am just scared of going in with good intentions like being honest at first and having it transform into an addiction where I have to lie. For example, as I just posted I was thinking about asking for Vyvanse as there less chance for abuse. Would it be wrong to lie about side affects to get him to prescribe me a different medication so I don't have to explain my fears about addiction which could possibly risk any prescription at all?

You can end up with serious motivational issues in the absence of the medication...I felt like I literally couldn't do it without.
That's my second biggest fear after becoming psychologically addicted, losing the motivation that I already have.

Those are the most beautifully designed posts I've ever seen. The amps must be working.

Yes your Adderall is working for you. If you have concerns, talk to the doctor that prescribed the medication to you.

Dude, you're just getting high off amphetamines. It's no more complicated than that. Speed makes people feel great when they're high on it. Don't delude yourself into thinking the drug is fixing your life's problems. You're simply high on amphetamines and enjoying the ride. Kudos to you. Also don't pretend you're fixing some mental disease, because I read your list of reasons why you want prescription speed and do you know what I think? You're human! Welcome to the party friend! You're not defective, you're not diseased, you're simply fucking human. The drug companies and doctors would love to convince every last one of us that we're broken and defective, so that they can sell us the cure. Don't be fooled dude.

I've yet to meet a healthy individual that has indulged in a prolonged addiction to amphetamines. Most eventually turn to heavy drinking so that they can sleep at night, or they'll begin a benzodiazepine addiction in order to counter the stimulant properties of amphetamines. You name it man, it all adds up to no good in the long term. Enjoy responsibly.

Now I'm nobody to knock somebody's recreational drug use, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're doing anything but getting high off the drug. If you're this excited about the high you get off of prescription speed, just wait till you get a hold of some benzo's; may god help you :)

Hello, I'm going to explain my situation first and then go on to ask a few questions, if you could offer some feedback on whether my concerns are legitimate/have a basis or any advice you have relating to my situation I would greatly appreciate it :)

Background

In the past, I have used Adderall, Ritalin, and Vyvanse, either as a tool for learning or recreationally. If if had to guess I'd say 4-6 times within the last 2 years. I have enjoyed them quite a bit (especially during sex) but have never felt the need to get my own prescription or take them more frequently as a medication until recently.

Context

On the 11th of this month, I went to see my school psychiatrist (boarding school), with the intent of obtaining a prescription for Vyvanse. Both my mother and brother currently have a prescription for either Adderall or Vyvanse, and both have reported great improvement. My mom saying it helped with her "ADHD"*1 and my brother saying it helped with his Sensory Processing Disorder (think a mild type of autism). Although my father has always made sure to instill a sense of skepticism surrounding modern medicine from a young age, I began to wonder if I had ADD or a type of autism since we've stopped talking 4-ish months ago. Furthermore, if taking medication could make my life easier.

Reasons I Asked for a Prescription

• Even though I've always been a good student (disregarding my freshman year when I had to be hospitalized for depression) I've had problems focusing in class on subjects that I wasn't 100% interested in.
    • (Despite this, I am still an A/B student who doesn't have to work that hard to get his marks)
  • I am anti-social, mainly due to my lack of self-confidence and seemingly being unable to discern body language and tone.
  • I would forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body, I'm constantly losing things, forgetting obligations.
    • (So much so that I've started to keep a journal with me of these things)
  • I'm often unable to remember keywords that I need to say to be able to convey what I'm thinking to others clearly.
    • (Very inconvenient and awkward when I get frustrated at myself and have to change the topic until the word I was looking for pops into my head)
  • I've long since had a lack of motivation which I had associated with my depression.
  • I have a tendency to blurt out things as soon as they come into my head
    • (Relating to this I speak and figure out what I'm going to say as I go along, I'm not sure if this is what everyone does but I feel like I'm improving every times I open my mouth)
  • I've generally been a disorganized person for the entirety of my life even though I prefer things neat and orderly.

Result and My Subsequent Actions

The doctor thought all of my complaints*2 warranted a prescription. Unfortunately, not Vyvanse but 5mg of Adderall with the instructions of 1 pill for the first 3 days, 2 for the next set of 3, and 3 for the final if I felt I still wasn't achieving the desired effects. Fortunately, I now hold Adderall in a higher place than Vyvanse. Unfortunately, I am concerned this may be because I haven't stuck to my doctor's dosage instructions and have been misusing the medication. The Wednesday I got the prescription I snorted*3 10mg, the effects of energy and sociability lasted for only a few hours while the euphoria even less so dissipating within the first 45 minutes. Thursday I parachuted*4 20mg, 10mg after breakfast around 7:30 A.M and another 10 mg after lunch at 12:30 P.M. This gave me noticeable effects all day that started to fading at 11:00 A.M. and then again around 4:00 P.M. Friday I kinda went out of control using 25mg or 30mg throughout the day, can't quite remember, and then 10mg more around 12:00 A.M. this morning. *5

Positives of Current Situation

Although I was initially disappointed with the type of medication and the low dosage, I have been happy with the results so far. Focusing in school has been 100x easier as if I'm always genuinely interested no matter what the subject is. I feel extremely motivated and have started taking participation very seriously in the recent school meetings. The journal that I used to keep has evolved into day to day action plans which have been very helpful in keeping me organized. And by far the most meaningful difference is how much more sociable I am. With my new found confidence I've begun to initiate conversations as well as be more open and less embarrassed about asking others to clarify their social cues that I think I might be missing, this brings me a lot of happiness knowing that I'm connecting with other people and we are communicating clearly as opposed to my usual anxiety that I am misinterpreting something.

Notes

*1 "ADHD" because I believe she is just using the medication to do paperwork for court and semi-often she'll stay up all night
*2 I exaggerated them to him because I was nervous that he would be skeptical if I wasn't and not give me medication that I honestly think helps me
*3 That was my preferred ROA for Ritalin but with Adderall it really made my nose hurt, I do not plan on doing this ever again
*4 Preferred ROA
*5 I dorm with an International student from China and I cannot stand the Mandarin language, it feels like someone is assaulting my ears. This leads to me just laying in my bed while he and his 3 Chinese friends play League of Legends until 3 A.M. I just wanted to be productive during that time instead of just suffering in my bed trying to fall asleep.

Concerns

Final Words
I just want to say that I am 95% sure that Adderall has helped and will help me in the future, especially going into college next year which is sure to be a shock due to my very low intensity classes that I take now. I also believe I have an above average amount of willpower and reservation when it comes to drugs and using them, but as I have never taken any stimulants regularly before so I am worried of any unforeseen consequences. Thanks for reading if you made it this far, I wrote this on the Friday night I didn't sleep and am kinda coming down now so I am just realizing I could have just been slightly paranoid but I would still appreciate feedback if you agree with this or disagree with this. Also, it's my first post on this website after visiting threads for the past few years so I'm sorry if this in unconventional or there are similar threads. I also want to apologize if I am under the age limit, I couldn't find it listed anywhere for this website.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're already on the road to addiction. I don't expect you to stop using it, but that's the best thing you can do.

Those are the most beautifully designed posts I've ever seen. The amps must be working.

LOL. Yes seeing those beautifully designed posts reminds of the fluidity and ease of such organization that comes with first 25 to 50 amphetamine uses. Just remember that, as most have mentioned already, jumping to 3 or 4 doses per day, on only the second day, is almost 100% the beginning of addiction.

The drug will become less effective of course, but also the effects will evolve and transform. For example, if I were to take 20-30 mg now, I would become robotic and impatient, would be able to speed read, but also be unable to comprehend any of it. The only "positive" effect I could achieve with Adderall currently would be that of an aphrodisiac, which would occur at about 70-90 mg, and would be accompanied a host of bad side effects and a lot of wasting time. This is the result of 6 years of use and abuse. Many of the people using this forum have much more experience with stimulants than that, so you should definitely absorb the comments/advice.

this is what my treadted adhd looks like. why cuz i do have adhd so they tell me. I take a 2 30 mg and if i sit down i go to sleep. when i broke down and got a scrip for my son the teachers called and thanked me that day.
Oh and if you think you that you have adhd yea go be honest with your doc. if he a good doc he will yank your scrip and put a note that you are drug seeking addrall and you will never get a scrip of any uppers again in your life. if he does that hug that doc and get on with your life.
u dont need meds unless you CAN NOT FUNCTION IN DAILY LIFE. this took me 30 min to write. wht you wrote made me want to trow things at my screen. Speed kills bro. and now a pill will make you feel better sure but there's a cost. sorry but this is what my treated adad looks like.

Lol. My thought exactly.

Years ago, I was offered an amphetamine script, and I am so very happy I left that stuff be.

Keif Richards makes a great point about overuse. I've only only used them a few times (never been physically dependent), and just psychologically, everything you do will seem so much harder after your eyes are opened to how much better you are while on the pills.

As for your questioning of whether you actually have adhd, keep in mind that EVERYONE has trouble focusing on subjects that don't interest them. It's natural to be bored to tears! It sounds like you're not having a problem functioning. Strong meds like amphetamines, opiates, etc. should only be used to help you get through days that you otherwise could not. You can easily run into major problems when you start taking opiates to numb yourself or amphetamines to make yourself the best person you can be.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck at college

I'm sorry but for clarification what do you mean by "wheeling and dealing" and "stronger the next time you experience a crave for more"

And XR would be nice, especially if it would work better and make it harder for my future self to abuse.

Thank you so much for linking that! I'll make sure to wake up early tomorrow so I can take it off and then on the medication, I'm very interested in knowing the truth instead of worrying if I'm manipulating the system or not. Deep down I want to do the right thing but I can see myself being immature and scared about college that I will want a crutch to rely on. Maybe if I keep my prescription while I'm trying it on my own just in case if things go downhill fast I can recover before it's too late. Do you have any thoughts on this?

I ment taking more than prescribed, or doing other things with it than keeping to the prescription (i.e. Crushing up and snorting)

If you do it once, you cross a line, and it will be easier to cross that line with every time you're crossing it.

That test is not something you do on you own or from the internet. It involves measuring micro-twitches and that is mainly what makes it impossible to fake, because you don't control these.