Just found out my third son is back on meth again and I'm going w/ds still--I need to fly to see him asap

juler

Bluelighter
I never did meth but somehow my third son found it and has been to it and back again. My daughter who's running the halfway house said I was more at risk than he is -she said he can't od on meth. He's my baby---I never did drugs or anything when they were growing up and neither did their father--He didn't come to the UK with me--only my youngest--How can I help him while I'm going through w/ds--I asked my daughter if I should have him come up with me in Boston--but I don't think I'm the best person for him to live with yet - yeah this has been my wonderful life and this is after what happened between 18-20 for me--Can God spread a little of the shit around to other people too?

I have some more things to say, but I accidentally deleted like three paragraphs of stuff I was writing to you ):

For now, I'm moving this post to TDS where it is better suited.

Sending you love and prayers <3

I have some more things to say, but I accidentally deleted like three paragraphs of stuff I was writing to you ):

For now, I'm moving this post to TDS where it is better suited.

Sending you love and prayers <3
Thank you for All that you do, I hope you are blessed with many good wishes.

Thank you for helping us find positive priorities and goals. And empowerment.

And always looking forward for support with encouragement in the safety of TDS. 💜

I'm very sorry that you are going thru this-it must be the worst feeling ever.. Somewhat similar to your situation, I watched my mom go thru years and years of absolute misery because of my constant meth use-never knowing where I was or if I was alive because I'd disappear into the world of drugs for months at a time without calling her (no smart phones or even cell phones back then). I put her thru hell. Still haven't forgiven myself for that time.. I'll share this with you as well (if you don't know already)-meth users are more likely to relapse than users of other drugs (according to studies) because of the intensely high levels of dopamine it releases-something like up to 3 times more pleasure stimulation to the brain than sex! It's extremely addicting...

So I just wanna say-my heart goes out to you and your son.. I pray every day so I will pray for you all, and that he finds recovery again soon... Hope you have a good day🙏

While it's good that you accept your past and are doing your best to change your life for the better, it does seem that a propensity to abuse drugs and alcohol has a genetic predisposition. I know because 20 years ago I spent a year drinking 2 bottles of vodka (or gin or rum) a day. It took me a year to recover & I didn't touch a drop for 5 years. Now I have a drink maybe once a week. OK, I'm older so hangovers hurt more, but both of my parents are active alcoholics who do not see that they have a problem.... so I haven't talked to them in 20 years.

I freely admit that I do not 'get' stimulants (I need slowing down, not speeding up) But there does come a point at which the MOST helpful thing you can do is NOTHING. If a person feels that they will always have a safety net, they will keep walking along that tightrope.

BTW their were 15,489 methamphetamine overdose deaths in the US in 2019 (the latest figures I could find). So yeah, opioids are statistically more dangerous but if you are simply swallowing prescribed doses of a prescribed opioids, the risk is quite low. Of course, you will be around people who will likely offer you some free gear if they think you have $ so that is a risk.

Hope you feel better soon