• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Just found out my Father has the beginning stages of Glaucoma

BK38

Bluelight Crew
So, as the title says, I just found out my Dad has the beginning stages of Glaucoma from my Mom. Apparently he's kind of in denial about it and is understandably, terrified about losing his vision. I was thinking about putting together some information for him in terms of treatment options, outcomes, FAQs etc. I have heard marijuana might be helpful for lowering intra-ocular pressure, but I have found contradictory info too. Does anyone out there in BL land have experience with Glaucoma? Is there any helpful information or guidance you can furnish me? Treatment options or drugs I should look into?

Thanks guys

-BK

Yes, BK38, it’s a treatable condition, I know my mom had glaucoma surgery some years before she died. My brother in law is just waiting for the ophthalmologist to open his surgery schedule back up so he can schedule his glaucoma surgery.
Unless your dad has some advanced form of glaucoma that’s not treatable, I wouldn’t worry. This is one of the easier age-related things that is fixable.

I have a lot of patients with glaucoma and as you said it is in the beginning stage normally it's not a big problem and can be lasered. It's not a big deal, doesn't hurt, he just needs to wear special shades outside for a few weeks. Yes, and CBD or Cannabis itself do also lower the intra-ocular-pressure. Try to get a good ophtalmologist and he'll be fine (if there is nothing else we don't know right now).

JJ