• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Jurnista (hydromorphone) 64mg - abuse deterrence

quasimodo21

Bluelighter
I have come across some 64mg Jurnista (24hr extended release hydromorphone). Knowing very little about their construction, I popped one in my mouth, chewed it up (slow, difficult, disgusting), and swallowed it.

Later I cut one open and it's like no pill I've ever seen before:
  1. There's the dark blue outside coating.
  2. Inside there are two layers:
    1. Layer 1: White pill.
    2. Layer 2: Light blue pill.

The coating and both layers are very hard - even my sharp knife requires some force to cut them.

I was hoping these could either be ground up and snorted, or crushed and swallowed to defeat the ER.

Does anyone have any skills or experience in defeating the extended released mechanism for these pills to make them snort-able or swallow-able?

These are the Australian version if that makes a difference.

I take hydromorph er but it's beads. I haven't seen the layered ones. Like others similar one lawyer is prob instant release and the other slower but as i said i don't know for sure. 64 is a high dose if you're not used to them.

Thanks for your comment. I have a high Heroin & methadone tolerance so 64mg over 24 hours is not so much. I have taken 3x64mg Jurnista, some Soma and some Ativan and I feel alright. Not very high, but not withdrawing.

Harm Reduction: According to equivalence charts, this is roughly 960mg Morphine Equivalent so please don't do what I did. I have taken 2000mg (2grams) of Heroin or 120mg Methadone every day for 7 years so I have a high tolerance. If you're new to Opiates / Opioids what I did would likely kill you. I also keep Naloxone nasal sprays at home and have taught my wife when and how to use them (never thus far).

I'd still like to break the ER as I prefer the thwack of snorting rather than the slow release in my gut. I can control dosages more safely this way too, as with the ER I have no idea how much is released and over what time. It says these are released over 24-hours but I've never heard of ER that takes a full 24 hours before - normally 8-12 hours IME.

The time release of Jurnista/Exalgo is an osmotic pump design. Put a pill in a shot glass of water for 24 hours. Drink the water, or evaporate for a pure powder.

I also recall people cutting through the pills with an exact knife, but after that? I don't recall. Might try searching for exalgo here on bl rather than jurnista.

The time release of Jurnista/Exalgo is an osmotic pump design. Put a pill in a shot glass of water for 24 hours. Drink the water, or evaporate for a pure powder.

I also recall people cutting through the pills with an exact knife, but after that? I don't recall. Might try searching for exalgo here on bl rather than jurnista.
Thank you - I'll put one in a glass of water shortly and see how it goes.

Thank you - I'll put one in a glass of water shortly and see how it goes.

I tried this out and it did help a bit. I let mine soak for about 21 hours and a fair amount of white powder was floating in the glass. I think I'm going to do the same again tomorrow but add in a little coke (a-cola) to acidify the solution. Thanks again.