• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Junior Seau found dead

Wyld 4 X

Bluelighter
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-nfl-legend-junior-seau-dead-182120394.html

Former NFL linebacker Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday morning at his Southern California home. He was 43 years old.
The ex-linebacker's girlfriend found the NFL legend with a fatal shotgun wound to the chest. The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that police received a call to 911 at 9:35 a.m. reporting a possible suicide, per Oceanside police Chief Frank McCoy. Officers found Seau in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to the chest, and efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Reports indicate that a handgun was found by Seau's side.

Wow.....I'm honestly stunned at this news. The guy was a SoCal football legend both in college and the NFL. And an even better (by all accounts) citizen off the field.

RIP Junior :(

that sucks :( he seemed like he was a well-put together kinda man

he must have had some problems. goes to show us normies that money can't buy everything, huh?

I just hope there doesn't come with after this report some posthumous news that brain injuries, concussions, etc had some sort of affect on his mental capacity/psyche :(

a sad day for football fans who respect the defensive game, everywhere

Very sad... Its interesting he shot himself in the chest almost makes me wonder if he wanted scientists to be able to study his brain for injury.

Very sad... Its interesting he shot himself in the chest almost makes me wonder if he wanted scientists to be able to study his brain for injury.

yeah its probably why he did that. Just like Dave Duerson

how anybody could kill themselves when their poor, sweet mother survives them is beyond me. :-\

how anybody could kill themselves when their poor, sweet mother survives them is beyond me. :-\

christ almighty, i heard the audio of her this morning on the way to work. i had to change it, cuz it was harshin my mellow. it's just fucked up.

What I am wondering is did he say oww after he shot himself?

Still cant believe this. Seau was one of the best of his generation, RIP.

I really wonder how much the concussions actually had to do with it. Part of me thinks that they are just using his death to raise awareness of the issue, which I'm fine with, and the other part of me thinks that they [his family, etc] are blaming it on the concussion because they are in denial that he may have done this for other reasons. I'm just saying that Seau was not somebody that I was shocked to hear about killing themselves because his personality was such that life after football would be hard to handle.

Things like memory loss, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc, seem to be easier to prove that they were caused by multiple concussions, but other mental disorders may be harder to directly tie to this. A lot of the people that have had multiple concussions were popular athletes, so things like depression may just be because they are no longer living in the "glory days," which may be hard to accept, which can cause depression on its own.