jumping the border

G.roller

Greenlighter
I don't know where else to put this.. but I was wondering if its possible to jump the Canadian border to the united states, how hard do you think it would be and if you got caught what do you think the penalties would be?

I'm sure it wouldn't be as hard as it would be at the southern border, but Bluelight isn't here to help you break the law.

I haven't an idea what the penalties would be for crossing illegally, but I would bet it would fall into the felony category.

Well I'm guessing that if you have two legs--and maybe you could even do it if you only had one--there are many places along that enormous expanse separating the two countries where you could just walk right over.

But Bluelight's official position is that would be illegal and you really hadn't ought to do it... ;)

I don't know where else to put this.. but I was wondering if its possible to jump the Canadian border to the united states, how hard do you think it would be and if you got caught what do you think the penalties would be?

15 years back i used to do this all the time. There are towns up there where 1/2 is in the usa and the other half in Canada. hahaha Ran bootleg val's out of canada through there. Now it's gotta be harder but if ur close to the border investigate the border towns, the way they work is that there is like a customs office in the town and within 1hr of crossing u have to go in and declare your there (or similar facts).

Screw the 1-95 expressway stops. I'd even consider driving an offroad dirtbike from CA to usa if the contents i had were worth it and i had at least a couple solid exit strategies in case i got spotted.

btw, peyote is LEGAL in canada. I expect u to get me one for the quality info i hooked u up with bro... or a bj from a super model at least...

I used to run for the border like it was a professional sport. Hardness is relative. You could play hard, or smart, or many tactics. I suggest studying 'Canadian Backroads Mapbooks'. Many places I've gone are listed there; some are not. It will help educate you to your direction, methods, and equipment required. Penalties? Illegal immigration? Similar to American justice. Held and booked for immigration violation until deported. Detained and extradited if you have serious warrants.

101 way to skin this cat, and I'm not listing them all for free. %)

Penalties? Illegal immigration? Similar to American justice. Held and booked for immigration violation until deported. Detained and extradited if you have serious warrants.

That would about cover it.

If you can't cross the border through a standard border crossing with a valid passport regardless of your nationality, stay where you are. BC isn't so bad! The American would technically be harboring an international fugitive, and could be charged for that.

If for whatever reason you cannot or will not, we aren't going to tell you how to break the law, but I know there are many places along the US-Canadian border where you can stand with one foot in one country and one in another without needing to present any documentation, as there are no officials there.

Do it legitimately provided you can, or not at all, is my overall advice.

Google Earth is your friend, and at the same time, very much your enemy, in this venture.

I say only jump any border if you have some small, well planned, and highly low key, low risk task to accomplish there, before heading right back. Never jump a border to be a hero, and never jump one looking to stay, or you run a really good risk of eventually getting nailed. It's very hard to live somewhere for any length of time where you don't have valid paperwork to be -- just think of all times you take for granted when you need to show ID or fill out official forms, in order to do a lot of the basic things for surviving in society. It's really a law of the jungle kind of arrangement for illegal immigrants anywhere.

I know there are many places along the US-Canadian border where you can stand with one foot in one country and one in another without needing to present any documentation, as there are no officials there.

^ yup 8)

Everyone is right though, it's really not worth breaking the law over! and Canada's not that bad!! =) way more lenient than the US in federal terms no???!
I'd stay put ;)