• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Jump starting endorphins post opiate withdrawal.

lozgod

Bluelighter
I thought of this tonight after doing some research on steroids. Steroid users have a dilemma.

When they ingest steroids they shut down natural hormone production. Similar to what happens to opiate users and endorphin production.

They have tools to counteract this fortunately for them. HCG for instance keeps the testicles awake when used throughout the cycle or it can be used after the cycle to jump start them. They also have clomid and nolvadex to convince the body to start making testosterone sooner than just waiting for the body to do it on it's own.

Is there any peptides, meds, etc that would jump start endorphin production after being shut down from opiate use? This would help alleviate withdrawal suffering and probably eliminate PAWS. I know there are natural endorphin stimulator's like exercise, chocolate, spicy foods, etc but I think from a total massive shut down it would require something stronger/pharmaceutical.

Ideas, comments, ideas?

Did some research and found low dose naltrexone may be the answer. Anyone have experience with the stuff. I know high doses i.e. 50mgs would block receptors from the endorphins but low dose would increase production and allow for the receptors to recieve them. The question is how do you get a script for it.

^You'd need to test positive to opiates and/or show signs of withdrawal really. I think.

Still lovin the testicles bit my man :D

Is it the endorphins or the receptors that are slow to recover? I know that chronic opiate use causes mu receptors to phosphorylate, desensitize, uncouple and/or undergo endocytosis. Co-administration of low-dose naltrexone with the agonist, and gradual raising of the naltrexone dose, shields many receptors from being altered by activation. This in turn leads to upregulation, even while the agonist is being used.

Is it the endorphins or the receptors that are slow to recover? I know that chronic opiate use causes mu receptors to phosphorylate, desensitize, uncouple and/or undergo endocytosis. Co-administration of low-dose naltrexone with the agonist, and gradual raising of the naltrexone dose, shields many receptors from being altered by activation. This in turn leads to upregulation, even while the agonist is being used.

I was finding that info as well. So.... this would justify a combo taper. Down tapering of opiates, and up tapering of naltrexone. Of course the latter would be micro doses to avoid precipitated withdrawals.

Agree?

Ii am actually thinking about getting some 50mg Revia online and making liquid solutions and putting this theory to work. There has to be a pain free way out of opiate addiction with a good recovery ( referencing physical/mental wise not 12 step wise)

NADH I believe encourages higher endorphin levels. Its a supplement sold in good vitamin shoppes (wink wink) . I believe it's an enkephalin (sp?) inhibitor.

-lenses

Last edited:
. The question is how do you get a script for it.

I got naltrexone RXed a year ago for telling my psych. i had a problem with cutting down my drinking. He suggest me naltrexone for 3 months instead of antabuse because i wasn't having a severe drinking problem.

That's how i got it and it also worked well for lowering my alcohol intake. I still have some left so i can pre-prep an injection when doing smack/other IV opoids with my mates in the case someone ODs. The ones I got are Revia 50mg tabs.

I know this is an old thread but in case someone stumbles on it, I've been tapering off opiates for about 2 weeks now and even tho I went from around 120mg of percocet a day down to about 45 mg it has been very very hard with the low energy levels and depression mainly... I just started the HCG diet 2 days ago and let me tell you, it's amazing how much of a difference it is. I'm still down to 40 mg today so far and I feel better than I have in months. It's amazing how this HCG is making me feel I know it's kickstarting my testosterone production I can feel it.. I actually never even thought about it before and I did NOT get the HCG for this reason I'm actually working on losing weight but the way it's making me feel is how I googled it and found this thread. So I had no idea HCG was gonna help me with withdrawal at all. Cheers.

BTW, tamoxifen and clomifene are not used to force testicles to produce testosterone. It's used to block estrogen receptors, after you stop taking androgenic steroids, your hormone levels are out of balance and there's too much estrogens with too little testosterone being produced. Side effects from steroid use such as gynecomastia is a result of rebound higher levels of estrogen.