• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Joints dipped in Concentrate and Keif

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
There’s been a lot of innovation with cannabis in the last decade, and this product is a beautiful example of that.

I’ve tried them a few different ways. Some are dipped and coated in keif, others have a thin string of concentrate through the middle. No matter how they’re made, these things are the business. It’s the only way I can get laughing like the old days.

The only problem is they can hit funny sometimes. Anyone tried these yet? Absolutely love em. Smoked one a few hours ago with my brother and we were giggling our asses off. Time for bed lol. The only pre-roll worth buying IMO.

-GC

I smoked the Raw cones for a little while a few years ago but got tired of how long it takes to stuff one. lol. I can roll a joint much faster.

I'm not too experienced with keif but have smoked joints with a line of concentrate squeezed inside down the middle. Got kind of goopy. Great buzz but I'm always wary of smoking concentrates because I don't want to spike my tolerance way up and lose the effectiveness of flower.

the closest thing ive ever had to this is smearing the scissors from harvest all over the outside of a joint, then rolled in grinder kief , and that shit was fire lol

I smoked the Raw cones for a little while a few years ago but got tired of how long it takes to stuff one. lol. I can roll a joint much faster.

I'm not too experienced with keif but have smoked joints with a line of concentrate squeezed inside down the middle. Got kind of goopy. Great buzz but I'm always wary of smoking concentrates because I don't want to spike my tolerance way up and lose the effectiveness of flower.
yea I was just dabbing for awhile and smoking weed would literally do nothing for me. So I stopped dabbing and noticed my lungs were better. I think since the testing in some states Colorado and others are so shotty that I wouldn't trust even store bought concentrates of not having solvents still in the actual product. I find the testing of cannaibus a shady business and with its regulation not really there yet, who knows what heavy metals your putting into your body etc that they may not be testing for even know to test for cause someone hasn't died from it yet and this would case the investigation into any very lethal chemical produced during the extraction etc.

I've made thousands of these for the gray market, lol. Usually it would be high quality, but dry/older cannabis, rehydrated via jars and boveda 72% packs, literally painted with a paintbrush and (usually for black market) lower quality distillate, and coated in lower quality dry sift kief. Atleast thats most commercial products I've encountered at best.

The trick I found is you constantly have to be cognizant of the melted wax/resiny syrup that forms around the cherry with these extract dipped joints. You don't want too much to be absorbed in the cherry as it woukd cool it down too far and burn weird, but you don't want the cherry too hot or you waste most of the product. At the same time, you can't it straight up and down for too long because aforementioned syrup will begin to run.

Tbh, its more of a finesse. You have to judge its burn rate and constantly be tilting the joint as well as hitting said joint in various positions because it's very important to control the fuel and the flame with this.

It's also very very important to nit coat it too much or coat it too far down towards the mouthpiece.

If you thought something that delicious was going to be easy to maximize, you're very wrong.....

I use to get these pre-rolls in Colorado that had like 0.5 grams of rosin inside and rolled in keif... 1.5 grams of premium weed with a total tested THC of 50%.... I highly doubt that out fo the whole 2 grams of stuff there was 1gram of PURE THC-A lol no fucking way. I hate how they test THC to fake the testing to make it look better, I bet they fudge testing with pesticides and heavy metals to make it pass. Cannibus is still even at the legal level a shady business that could effect ones health.

I use to get these pre-rolls in Colorado that had like 0.5 grams of rosin inside and rolled in keif... 1.5 grams of premium weed with a total tested THC of 50%.... I highly doubt that out fo the whole 2 grams of stuff there was 1gram of PURE THC-A lol no fucking way. I hate how they test THC to fake the testing to make it look better, I bet they fudge testing with pesticides and heavy metals to make it pass. Cannibus is still even at the legal level a shady business that could effect ones health.

Yup this is why one needs to do their research. For instance pre-rolls themselves can be dangerous. I saw one research study where like 90+% the pre rolls they tested had mold. They wrap them and instantly put them in a sealed container, makes sense…

This is also why I never buy weed from places or states that don’t let you smell quantities. If I don’t get my weed from the same big jar I smelled it in, I don’t want it. Quality is always way better.

-GC

Yup this is why one needs to do their research. For instance pre-rolls themselves can be dangerous. I saw one research study where like 90+% the pre rolls they tested had mold. They wrap them and instantly put them in a sealed container, makes sense…

This is also why I never buy weed from places or states that don’t let you smell quantities. If I don’t get my weed from the same big jar I smelled it in, I don’t want it. Quality is always way better.

-GC
damn I def believe you on that..... its a fucked up business even though its legal. I got serious lung infects from legal weed and not from my buddies grow op

-GC
ive been to Michigan, Denver, cali, New Jersey, New York, Maine, and mass. I think maybe a handful of stores I walked into let you smell the bud you were actually gonna buying. I lived in three of those places too

ive been to Michigan, Denver, cali, New Jersey, New York, Maine, and mass. I think maybe a handful of stores I walked into let you smell the bud you were actually gonna buying. I lived in three of those places too

In the UP there’s I know of a few stores that do but most don’t. In OR a lot of stores do. WA they’re forced to sell pre-packaged. Denver also had stores that let you smell.

Out of everywhere I’ve been, OR has the best market both with shops you can smell and pricing. UP MI ain’t bad either. I wasn’t a fan of WA or CO, WA by far the worst.

To me, my nose tells me nearly everything about a strain. I can’t discern shit just by eye. Then some shops will have display buds but once you get the package it’s garbage. I’m not about wasting my money.

-GC

In the UP there’s I know of a few stores that do but most don’t. In OR a lot of stores do. WA they’re forced to sell pre-packaged. Denver also had stores that let you smell.

Out of everywhere I’ve been, OR has the best market both with shops you can smell and pricing. UP MI ain’t bad either. I wasn’t a fan of WA or CO, WA by far the worst.

To me, my nose tells me nearly everything about a strain. I can’t discern shit just by eye. Then some shops will have display buds but once you get the package it’s garbage. I’m not about wasting my money.

-GC
yea I love sour desiel and anyone who has had the real deal knows what it smells like. I also love NYC Deseil, strains I grew up on and all the classics, white widow, blue cheese.... now its all crazy crosses and names.

Id like to know which states does the most accurate testing. Thats why medical was better, I think... cause I would assume the regulations and testing would have been better since its being issued to immunocompromised patients IE cancer patients

I've made thousands of these for the gray market, lol. Usually it would be high quality, but dry/older cannabis, rehydrated via jars and boveda 72% packs, literally painted with a paintbrush and (usually for black market) lower quality distillate, and coated in lower quality dry sift kief. Atleast thats most commercial products I've encountered at best.

The trick I found is you constantly have to be cognizant of the melted wax/resiny syrup that forms around the cherry with these extract dipped joints. You don't want too much to be absorbed in the cherry as it woukd cool it down too far and burn weird, but you don't want the cherry too hot or you waste most of the product. At the same time, you can't it straight up and down for too long because aforementioned syrup will begin to run.

Tbh, its more of a finesse. You have to judge its burn rate and constantly be tilting the joint as well as hitting said joint in various positions because it's very important to control the fuel and the flame with this.

It's also very very important to nit coat it too much or coat it too far down towards the mouthpiece.

If you thought something that delicious was going to be easy to maximize, you're very wrong.....
where I am there is medical only and they have no pre-rolls and no edibles but I believe the testing to be the best among all states and the best part is there's ONLY medical so pricing is low and I personally hope it stays that way as its legalization come more money grubbers. They test for EVERYTHING since its medical. Medical in a red state is great lol sorry cause they don't want it so bad that the regulations them have to be tight

@G_Chem I haven’t tried them yet, but yeah they started flooding the market in Canada. Come in hashbats (dry sift has added to flower), terp sauce, diamonds, straight oil or the one you mentioned; oil painted joint dusted with kief. Little ones (say 0.25g total weight) to 1g infused joints.

The weird part of the law is that there is a 1000 mg THC/joint legal limit (but you can buy multi-packs).

Tom

[edit: Oops, I meant a 1000mg THC limit per smoking unit. So you could indeed have a 10g CBD cannagar with 10g (or more) of CBD flower with 1g diamonds. There's also 1, 2 and 3g ash stick (Hash rolled around a tube so that there's a tube of hash). Usually comes w/a glass tip..They're supposed to last 30 minutes or so; all you do is sip on the smoke if that makes sense. Haven't tried on yet and I don't think they are in my province.]

Last edited:
yea I love sour desiel and anyone who has had the real deal knows what it smells like. I also love NYC Deseil, strains I grew up on and all the classics, white widow, blue cheese.... now its all crazy crosses and names.

Id like to know which states does the most accurate testing. Thats why medical was better, I think... cause I would assume the regulations and testing would have been better since its being issued to immunocompromised patients IE cancer patients
Ahh I miss sour diesel so much I haven't had it in years. Bought some SD terps recently though and I haven't used em yet but I can't stop sniffing the syringe tube. So many memories, I had family members that grew SD back in the day.

When it comes to the prerolls with stuff on the outside I've smoked them only a few times but I always felt like some of it was wasted and it should coat the inside of the paper instead

These are sold in our head shops here in an illegal state and the cops don't do shit because of a cool thing called the Farm Bill.

I bought one for my birthday and smoked it at the beach. The wind probably took some product but otherwise I thought it was easy to smoke and got me slightly higher than a normal joint would.

I used to make them myself and the most amount of oil I fit in one was a full gram (that's not including the keif or the weed). It dripped but still smoked just the same.

The way the OP describes this sounds so lush. I've always wanted to smoke a joint like thi but never learned how to do it not so I know anyone who would b able to or even sell them as such. But after reading some comments I think I'm going to learn myself.

This is the UK after all lol.

Ahh I miss sour diesel so much I haven't had it in years. Bought some SD terps recently though and I haven't used em yet but I can't stop sniffing the syringe tube. So many memories, I had family members that grew SD back in the day.

When it comes to the prerolls with stuff on the outside I've smoked them only a few times but I always felt like some of it was wasted and it should coat the inside of the paper instead

Yea I remember a time Sour Diesel was everywhere and definitely have a similar nostalgia surrounding it. A year or two I could get it whenever, sadly the guy didn’t dry it well though so I’d always have to dry and cure it further but once I did it was some damn good smoke.

-GC