JASE, can we get an MP3 page pack?

raverdave

Bluelighter
I remember back on the old Bluelight that there was a page that we could download MP3's of various nature. I was wondering if there was any way we could gat a page back up like that on here once we get the neew server, or would it be too much for the server and create problems much like the ones we are having to deal with now?
I am sure others here would be interested also.
ThanX
------------------
-I didn't do it and I'm not payin half!
-Which way to the nearest DRUG store?

It all depends on what sort of deal we can get on the new server.
MP3s very quickly eat up bandwidth as they are big files.
We could put up a small selection of MP3s weekly - preferably originals. But I think I would only let people who have paid towards the bandwidth access them.
Have to wait and see.
Jase.

Ok, sounds great!
smile.gif

------------------
-I didn't do it and I'm not payin half!
-Which way to the nearest DRUG store?

If you need MP3's there is a kick ass site that I get most of my stufffrom that works pretty well> It is a networking page called Napster at www.napster.com, all you need to do is go to the site download the napster aplication and set it up on your computer, everyone who is online and ahs napster running will be sharing their files and you can find almost anything. It has never failed me. Just a thought.
------------------
~DANK~

I have a question about Napster... I am behind a government firewall that prohibits me from setting up my computer as a server, or giving any kind of links directly to my computer from remote locations outside of my network... The thing that baffles me is that Napster somehow allows people access to the files on my computer... I set up an ftp server, but it was a very difficult and taxing process since my computer does not have administrator privelages... (I was sneake... I got out through a UNIX server...) My question is this... How does Napster get through all of the permissions and let people download songs without all of that other hassle... I would like to try and duplicate the process with my websight, so if anyone knows, enlighten me please...
Out,
-K-Luv-