• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction IVing drugs into the calf? Or other parts of the legs / feet?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Hi all. I want to give my arms a break, and I have never done a leg injection. I'm pretty well versed in needles and injections from 1,000s of IM injections and a good amount of IV's in my arms.

So is there any dangers of injecting in the leg? I think it'll be easy to just cross my leg, use both hands and hit the vein on the inside of my calf. Is there any arteries to worry about?

I heard feet injections can cause abscesses more easily, is this true? Should I avoid the feet? I have a lot of veins on my feet.

Thank you! about to try in 10 minutes

I too am curious about this because i don't want visible track marks. I too heard feet can be dangerous.. but they look so easy to hit.

I can't find a single vein in my legs and i'm shit at hitting things that aren't obviously protruding.

Back in the dizayee I used to shoot up in my feet with success but they are sorta rollyee pollee and you need to be careful not to miss, the feet surely work tho if you catch it right just make sure to register well. One thing worth mentioning is that the rush takes longer to take hold due to the solution needing to travel further to your brain. Lately I've been injecting into my biceps and its been working a charm but once I run outta real estate I will have to check out the calves as well. Maybe seeking out a vein map would be beneficial for all of us because you most deff need to avoid arteries at all costs.

I haven't missed for ages, because now i inject wicked slow to make sure i'm still in after registering. With meth it's pretty clear if you hit or not. But that doesn't mean i'm good at hitting veins.

The lack of rush in your feet may be fine for me, because i do need a couple seconds to put the cap back on the rig and put some socks on before enjoying the high :p

A map is a good idea. And i think it was @LadyAlkaline that suggested using a flash light up against the skin.

Hydration, heat, etc etc.

there is a junction of 2 veins on the left side of the left thigh, above the kneecap. Use a flashlight and it is very easy to find. It is a little deep. Honestly, I haven't had bad effects from shooting into leg veins above the knee except a few varicose veins from using one's that were very small.

The lower you go, the slower the flow. Sometimes blood clots could be more of a problem. I am not sure.

Yeah I was looking at a map of the arteries in the leg and it seems one of them is near the outside of the inside of the legs... Cause I have a huge vein or artery right there and it's really big but on the surface but I think its an artery.

I was able to hit my right arm which I haven't been able to do successfully with my left hand, but just made it work so that's good. I'm gonna try the feet out though they look so easy haha

Yeah I was looking at a map of the arteries in the leg and it seems one of them is near the outside of the inside of the legs... Cause I have a huge vein or artery right there and it's really big but on the surface but I think its an artery.

I was able to hit my right arm which I haven't been able to do successfully with my left hand, but just made it work so that's good. I'm gonna try the feet out though they look so easy haha
I wouldn't go with the feet, my foot hurt for days after I used one on the top of my foot. Definitely stay away from arteries, you use a huge gauge and will fuck yourself up good

I wouldn't go with the feet, my foot hurt for days after I used one on the top of my foot. Definitely stay away from arteries, you use a huge gauge and will fuck yourself up good

damn really? Yeah cause I use 23 or 25 gauge even for IV cause that's what I have with me, I'll probably avoid that guy then cause I really have no way of telling if it is or not. Thanks

iliac_arteries_and_veins.jpg

I've read in a harm reduction document thingy that everything below the waist poses a greater risk for complications (blood clots etc), especially the feet since the circulation is way worse there. The further away from your heart, the worse the circulation gets. The ones in your groin could be very dangerous to inject in also (common iliaic vein on the pic in the post above), since there is big arteries there that you DO NOT want to puncture.
When I was young and really stupid I got a shot of speed in my neck vein. That is also a BIG NO NO. Really dangerous.
I guess if you really need to give your arms a break, try the outer vein on your forearm (dont know the name for it) or if you really can't use your arms, use the big vein that goes on the inside of your thigh. Would not really recommend it either though, but better than the feet or calves I guess.