• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I've Searched, And Sitll Would Like Some More Information On Gabapentin.

FLEXURE

Bluelighter
I'd like to hear some experiences from those familiar with Gabapentin for obtaining a "Relaxed", somewhat "Europhobic", state.

I'm 6'-0" Tall, and I currently weigh approx. 250 Pounds

I have an ample supply of Gabapentin (80+/-, 300mg, capsules) prescribed for Neuropathic Nerve Damage/Pain.

I have a body make-up where I have an extremely High Tolerance to Any Medication, even when taking it for the first time.

I'd like hear from any of those who've used Gabapentin to achieve a Somewhat "High", or "Euphoric" Reaction, and particularly, at what dosage?

I fully understand that everybody is different, and there is no exact answer as to how much Gabapentin to take Safely, yet apparently, while I was searching on this site, 1,200mg, up to 2,400mg, would be a reasonable place to start if I want to "Mellow Out", yet not be incoherent.

2,400mg seems like an awful lot to me, but based on those who have taken that amount, it seems it would be safe.

I'm also prescribed Clonazepam, 2mg tablets, 3 times a day, for what has been diagnosed as a Panic/Anxiety Disorder, which has been well controlled by taking it as prescribed.

I'm the kind of person who is very careful when taking any med's, especially when mixing them together.

That being said, do any of you agree or disagree with my logic of trying 1,200mg at once, and raising that dosage to as high as 2,400mg, to achieve a state of being "Relaxed", and/or somewhat "Euphoric", yet remain able to stay awake?

I'm a bit concerned about OD'ing on this stuff as well.

I'm in a current state of "Over-Drive" with working, and I feel I need some form of a "break" to "gear down" and relax. (I'm not a big fan of alcohol, due to my "Body Chemistry" being prone to Terrible "Hang-Overs".)

I'd gratefully like to hear any of your experiences with taking this medication.

Thank You In Advance For Your Input.

R.

Last edited:
I see 8 of you have reviewed, and no one has commented.

Since my original post, I've used myself as a "guinea pig" and I have probably taken a little too much, for a little too long, and feel like I've become dependent om this stuff.

I want to stop taking this Gabapentin, and I'm having a hard time doing it.

I am taking about 600mg 4 times a day {2,400 mg a day).

Last edited: