• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV'd first times, not sure if the shots missed/if i should be worried

alfredosauce

Bluelighter
4 days ago my friend and I IV'd 3-MeO-PCP. He's done a lot of IV's before and I trusted him to do it. However 4 days after doing it and there is still red marks and some bruising around the IV sites. The bruising is about 2 in by 2 in and I don't know why it would of spread so far from the IV site. Both sites hurt a little in general and one looks like it has a small bubble but it's hardly visible. I'm just scared that he hit an artery or caused and abscess. I don't know anything about IV'ing and I really want to avoid the hospital if possible.

Last edited:
Abscess is possible but usually by day 4 it would be a huge bubble. If the shot was missed bruising could occur and the size of your bruise is consistent with shot's I've missed. also I'm not familiar with shooting PCP and some drugs are more toxic to your tissue then others(IV coke missed shot's hurt to me much worse then IV dope). Apply heat 4 times a day to the area and keep an eye on it. A big sign of infection is red streaking will occur and if that happens seek medical help right away or if you get a fever.
I'm not a doctor and haven't seen your arm so take my advice for what it is but if you have any doubts go to ER.

Can you post a pic of your arm?

IME when I hit an artery the draw back blood is pink instead of crimson and always followed by immediate swelling.

Hope this helps and wish you luck!!!!

Hey I posted a pic. I don't know how to link it to bluelight format but its under the imgur.com link. As you can see there is some light brown bruising around the IV site. Thank you for showing concern :)

It just looks like a blown shot to me(I've seen and had worst) but again I'm no doctor.

Hey and no problem man that's what this site is for I don't want to see anybody needlessly suffer!

Also either way keep applying heat on it because it will get the blood circulating again breaking up all the dead cells and will help it heal faster.

It just looks like a blown shot to me(I've seen and had worst) but again I'm no doctor.

Hey and no problem man that's what this site is for I don't want to see anybody needlessly suffer!

Also either way keep applying heat on it because it will get the blood circulating again breaking up all the dead cells and will help it heal faster.

:) . Should I show my Primary Care Physician? I'm going to see him in 2 days to get stitches out from an unrelated accident. Maybe he could check for abscess/ hit of the artery? I'd rather not show him, but I want to be safe. I don't know if it missed into the skin or an artery or what.

Last edited:
Now I'm reading arteries are deep so I guess it was just skin popped. We used a short tip needle and 3-MeO-PCP is quite caustic so I guess it just must of left a little temporary damage. I'll decide against telling my Primary Care unless it doesn't clear itself up.

Now I'm reading arteries are deep so I guess it was just skin popped. We used a short tip needle and 3-MeO-PCP is quite caustic so I guess it just must of left a little temporary damage. I'll decide against telling my Primary Care unless it doesn't clear itself up.
See how it feels and if it seems to be getting better IMO there would be no need to tell him. But for harm reduction make sure again no red streaks,no more swelling, not hot to the touch, and you don't get a fever because all of those are signs that it's severly infected. If you have doubts by all means tell him!!!
You know you better then anyone!

Ugh I'm seeing those red streaks ur talking about and it does really hurt to touch. Not hot to touch just pain when I do. I guess I'll have to get it checked out ASAP just incase. Thank you

If you don't want to tell ur doc go to the emergency room or to a walk in clinic. If it's an abscess they both can take care of it. But don't risk your arm or your life get it taken care of and don't wait.

Good luck and please let me know how it turns out!!!!

I will let you know!

http://imgur.com/OHwPrfx

Does that pic resemble the red stripes? If it does I'm going to have my mom take me into the hospital tonight I guess. It's gonna suck balls for sure but I can't risk my arm/life.

Last edited:
It's tough to tell from the picture but I think so. Has the bubble been there since the day he hit you or did it pop up the next day? Also has it grown o shrank? You know what I can't in good conscience think of any good reason for you not to get it checked out. Maybe it's nothing and go away on it's own but if it was me I wouldn't risk it.

If you don't want your mom to know couldn't a friend take you? The hospital has a HIPPA laws and they are obligated to protect your privacy and if you are under 18 it makes no difference also they are obligated to treat you as well(if you are in the U.S.)! It doesn't matter if you have insurance or not they must treat you!

If you don't want to tell ur doc go to the emergency room or to a walk in clinic. If it's an abscess they both can take care of it. But don't risk your arm or your life get it taken care of and don't wait.

Good luck and please let me know how it turns out!!!!

Please check out the new pic I posted if there's anything you can tell from it. No swelling is happening, just pain/ache. I'm just really afraid of that red stripe thing you mentioned. My moms definitely not going to take me to the hospital tonight and I don't want to admit to her that I IV'd drugs. I'm in a huge pickle right now. If it was infected would the pain be getting worse? Would I be okay to wait another day or 2?

I have insurance, however there is literally no one who will give me a ride there and I'm afraid of getting stuck there for 5+ hours. Ugh

That's good to hear sorry didn'tget back to you but I was offline for a bit. I'm not going to lecture you about shooting up just please be careful and sanitary!

That's good to hear sorry didn'tget back to you but I was offline for a bit. I'm not going to lecture you about shooting up just please be careful and sanitary!

No worries, I learned my lesson :). I'll stick to other ROAs