• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction IV Use: Straight Through Vein?

Prettyflyforatransguy

Bluelighter
Just spent a couple hours searching multiple IV Megathreads and couldn't for the life of me find the answer to this. What are the indicators that you're through your vein instead of fully registered? Sometimes, not often when I try to hit one specific spot, I register, but very slowly and the blood looks somewhat stringy. When it does this, I don't even attempt to plunge to see if it burns because I missed once and once only and it severely absessed. I just pull out and give it a second, then try hitting a different spot that gives me a normal register.

You might be going onto an artery I was doing it every now an than and not realizing. Point the rig almost level to ur arm a Lil more and not at a big angle.

You might be going onto an artery I was doing it every now an than and not realizing. Point the rig almost level to ur arm a Lil more and not at a big angle.
That's usually the technique I try to accomplish. I also use the shorter lengths. I thought if you hit an artery the blood gushed like crazy into the syringe?

You can still draw blood if you missed a vein, but you'd know you didn't register, like you alluded to. It won't shoot up real fast and the color won't be dark red.

I use half inch tips and go at like a 45 degree angle. I'm pretty vascular so it's no problem. But if you're not, try taking a hot shower first or do some push ups to get them poppin'.

You'll know if your through a vein because first a tiny bit of blood will come but when you continue to pull a bubble will come. It's best to change to a new tip and a different site if this happens