• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV taken subutex on top of heroin

FULLTIMEjunkey

Greenlighter
IV taken subutex way to early on top of heroin and now I'm withdrawing real bad so wot can I do to feel better. Do I take more gear or do I jus ride the shit out ! Pls pls help!!

You fucked up and took the bupe too close to the H (you already know this).

Now what happened was the bupe, with its 1000x higher binding affinity, knocked the H off your receptors.

You're going to be in pwd for a little while but more sub will probably solve the problem (it will bind to your now naked receptors).

Using more H probably won't have any effect.

In my past experience I always found using more H helped with PWD.
I think everyone is different though.
Best bet is just to wait it out - I know it sucks.
Wait about 10 to 12 hours then you can either do more sub or more h.

How much Subutext did you inject? If you only shot a relatively low dosage, 1mg or less, then you could probably fix yourself with some more dope. However, considering PW's don't last that long, especially if you shot the 'text, it would probably be more worth your while to ride it through.

If you can get ahold of some withdrawal medications like Clonodine, gabapentin, or some benzo's that would help you a lot. The good thing about Buprenorphine induced precipitated withdrawals is that once they are over, you will feel 'well'. It's never a good idea to IV buprenorphine when your switching back from a full agonist. Basically any ROA is better for that first dosage, and then afterwards if you still want to go down that road, you can do so knowing that it won't put you into PW.

My phone does not allow me to post a new thread so I am going to post here.
Hopefully someone can help.
I waited three days after taking subutext to take an op80 for my chronic pain ( was out of sub) and I defd went into PW.
Why?
I took 4-6 mg of sub yesterday, how long before I could take an op80 and feel it .... And not go into withdrawal.
Also for curiosity is it said to take a small dose of adderall with subutext.
Any answers will be appreciated thank you!

Wait, you're saying that after abstaining from subutext for three days, you took an OP80, and then went into PW? If that's what you mean, you're definitely mistaken. taking full agonists on top of subs cannot precipitate withdrawal. If anything, the OP 80 just didn't do anything due to tolerance, and you were withdrawing from the subutext.

If your intentions are to use occaisionally on top of your subs, you should lower your dosage. I always found that at dosages of 2mg or less, the buprenorphine hardly/doesn't block full agonists, as long as it's a relatively strong full agonist (like something stronger than hydrocodone).

Thanks for the answer!
And the correction! I was wondering why I felt so bad I thought I was fine to take an op.
Was withdrawing from sub like u said I guess!
How long after taking an op80 can you take your text again? And I was just trying to compromise sue to bring out of text for a week.
Not really "planning" on going back and forth just trying not to be sick and wanting to know a safe order to so things.
Thanks again.

Like Z said, depends on how much you ivd. For me the PWD only lasted about 30 minutes but one time I shot about .5mg and got pwd and was able to pull myself out of it with a huge half gram shot of decent H. These days, If I have been doing opiates I never jump back on subs by IV, I always do the first dose sublingually. I set my alarm for 4am and put a piece of sub under my tongue and go back to sleep real fast..work for me

Indeed, injecting bupe when you are first going from H to sub is a really bad idea. Sublingually is always the best. Wait 16-24hours, take a small dose, like 1mg or so, it will kick any lingering opiates off your receptors, and the PW will be mild if any. Then dose another 1mg every hour til you feel better.

More suboxone until it's filled up those receptors, as you already know you fucked up a little and it seems counter intuitive but I would just gradually add in more sub probably 2mg increments.

I have always got real lucky in this situation... I believe because I have a very fast metabolism but I have done every opi there is including h and taken sub iv within 8 hours after my last full agonist and never have had PWDs. It all depends on how fast your body metabolizes drugs.. only you can really know your own body. I hate even waiting like 8 hrs and not being able to take sub when I run out of what ever opi I am doing. i have seen people get so sick though trying this.. i usually just wait til im full on sick and in WDs from the full agonist then do the sub if i cant redose on opis.

I'd I ivd like 1mg of subtext....like 4/5 hours ago
Would it be okay to iv a bag of heroin.
Need answers asap.
Thank you.

Edit: in response to summer.hutto above me

You could since it was only 1mg, however it may be a waste and you might not get high and just waste your money. After doing subs i usually wait for 36 hours before doing any full agonist opiates so i dont waste my money. You only go into precipitated withdrawl when taking subs too soon after a full agonist like heroin, oxy, hydro, morphine, fent, etc, not when taking subs first. When you take subs (either subutex or suboxone, doesnt matter which) and then do somethjng to get high like heroin (depening on how long you have been on the subs and the dose you have been taking) the subs usually block the opiate and you wont get high andnjust wasted your money which is why i wait around 36 hours or until im i some pretty shitty withdrawl and then proceed to get high. However 1mg of sub shouldnt be hard to break through with a decent dose of dope, ide try to wait atleast 12 hours before doing it though if your mind is set and determined to try and get high even though you arent sick (i know the feeling and usually cant wait myself lol but i always keep my sub dose to 2mg and lower and never try to get high until atleast minimum 12 hours after 1 or 2mg of sub, and thats only when i have enough to do a nice fat banger to start off and make sure i blow that bupe out of my receptors lol)

Just try to be safe and not waste your money and wait until you are sick or 12-24 hours then bang your dope to ensure you feel it, wasted dope is a sad sad thing, think of all those poor junkies who are going through brutal WD ready to lie, cheat, steal, kill, or fuck for a piece to get high and you arent even close to being sick yet and want to bang some dope!!! Shame my good sir, shame!!! Lol j/k but seriously give it atleast 12-24 hours

Possibly at 6, but more likely at 12 although it might take a lot more while you could also OD off half your regular dose to do start small.

Not sure where to post this, first time on here but I've been taking sub's for the last week, fucked up today and got some h, do I have to wait until I'm in full withdrawal tomorrow to take the sub's? Or when I start feeling a little shitty am I good to go to take it? I did not do any sub today, just h. Someone please help!!!!