• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help IV Subutex health declining

idiotONrepeat

Greenlighter
Hi. First post. Hope I picked the correct forum.

Been on Suboxone for 4 years.... Went from 16mg to 2mg over that time. Tried to jump off with diqzepam regime aid. Didn't work. Withdrawals still 20 days after cessation.

Prescriber suggested 0.4mg Subutex. Worst thing ever. Took 0.8mg / day saved the others to IV Friday night.

Didn't take long, had to talk my way back up to 4mg/day. Managed to keep Subutex instead of Suboxone due to allergy to strips.

Went steady. Over the last 5 years have had a few H benders 2-3 days, back to bupe, no worries.

Een a couple of times on methadone. Again no problem.

4 months ago, spent 4 days of methadone, no Subutex at all. Then a little h to finish off. Got supervised dose 4mg bupe, diverted. That evening IVd. Straight into precipated withdrawal. Adult son called ambulance, they left me toy own devices for hours in waiting room at hospital so I left and rode it out with high dose bupe and some Diaz.

Took 5 days to stabilise at 16mg bupe day. 4mg prescribed 12mg from your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman.

Over next few weeks reduced to 8mg, daily IV. Thought I was also having panic attacks. But the involved lots of sweating.

Seemed independent of bupe dose. About 6 weeks ago. Had been no IV for about a week. Stable at 8mg day.

That night, was tired, went to pee and during the length of a standard urination went into what seemed to be PWD. But no other opiates. It happened just as quickly as IV ing bupe after recent H use. Frightened the fuck out of me and so confusing. Took 16mg over next hour and got sleep, sweat free.

Since then 3-5 days week. Dr has done much investigation into other things like thyroid disorder etc.

Not sure if my health problems are related to bupe, the bupe IV combo etc. But scared and want advice.

This week, after 10 days no iv, stable at 8mg. I decided to IV. Had one 8, actually felt it in a nice way. So thought, why not have a second go. The second brought on similar symptoms to PWD. I have no other opiates in play. 50mg night Seroquel. No other meds.

The symptoms in this like PWD episode I am describing were slightly milder, but only slightly. Except for the sweating.

I know I have to stop the IV. Just to rule it out.

But wondering if anyone has any input?

And, getting past this.... How do I get off it altogether?

If tapering off on your own doesn't seem to be working, have you considered withdrawing under medical supervision -?
Is that available in your area?

Also where you mention still experiencing symptoms 20 days off, that puzzles me as much as it does you. Technically that should not be happening, I mean the drug's physically completely out of your system by then. Can you see another doc to get a second opinion? Two heads often work better than one, that goes for doctors too.
I hope you can get this issue resolved.