• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV shooting - New Syringe if needle removed?

###

Bluelighter
Hi,

I have been reading the "Intravenous and Intramuscular Injection" topic, and I am a bit baffled because of the point 5. of Intravenous part: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ar-Injection?p=8047098&viewfull=1#post8047098

It states that if one at some point removes the needle, the syringe is to be replaced? Anyone who could explain the reasoning behind this? Also does he mean only syringe, like using the same needle is ok (I would first take a new needle.), but the syringe not, it has to be replaced?

The needle should be replaced because of damage to the veins caused by blunting/barbing. The syringe should be changed to prevent bacterial buildup inside the barrel as well as plunger dysfunction after multiple uses.

The needle should be replaced because of damage to the veins caused by blunting/barbing. The syringe should be changed to prevent bacterial buildup inside the barrel as well as plunger dysfunction after multiple uses.

Thats basicaly it. Changing the needle only but reusing the chamber is a bad idea, new needle point causes less damage to the veins a skin but the chamber if not sterilized by someone who knows what they are doing could transfer all kinds of bacteria, mold if its old enough and contained organic matter, blood dwelling pathogens if the barrel has the slightest trace of infected blood in it from another person. So yeah, no point in over killing the answer anymore lol. Hope this helps.

If you mean using syringes with detachable needles (ie luer lock) - then no, you don't have to replace the syringe (just the needle) so long as you carefully disinfect it.
According to this post anyway.

I wouldn't take that chance, even using bleach. New syringes aren't expensive.

ive reused luer lock barrels plenty of time after cleaning them out properly. i dont suggest doing it because theyre free from the exchanges in my country and are easily accessible in pharmacies as well.

thats pretty much it.