• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc IV phenergan/promethazine from pills.

Artistwithanimals

Greenlighter
Pease help. My friend has recently started IVing oxycodone to help with pain because her tolerance is quite high. This has been working great. She always uses all new supplies and micron filters (but learned how to reuse micron filters because they are expensive). She has been on pill form promethazine for nearly 10 years and it hasn't been helping with nausea much lately. She takes two 25s at a time and still nothing. She has prescriptions for all medicines she uses, never done illegal drugs. Plugging pill promethazine gives you horrible diarrhea and the actual suppositories don't work for her anymore either. She wants (feels like she has no other choice) to IV promethazine after filtering it with micron filter. She's been hospitalized many times and has had IV promethazine many times. She knows it's hard on veins but if very diluted and pushed slowly it doesn't always destroy veins. Can she safely IV if filtered through micron filter? If IVing burns too bad, can she just inject it into muscle or fat like a shot?? (she's gotten the shot at ER too)
Does turning pills into liquid, then making the water CLEAR make it the same as an IV vial? And do they inject the exact same liquid into the vein as they do the shot?
Please help, the nausea is so bad she can't get out of bed. Zofran doesn't do anything either.

Last edited:
I'm new here, LONG time lurker tho.

Please don't IV promethazine! The hospital uses saline to flush prior and following as it is VERY Caustic to veins.
You can lose your limb/hand/IV access point if you do so you can lose your limb(hand typical hospital settings). It is very dangerous, and I'm talking about the liquid formula used by professionals. If you're thinking of turning pill form into injectable, your risk would absolutely increase. Google promethazine caustic tissue injury if you don't believe how serious I am. It's covered over and over in nursing school.
Talk to your doctor about the dermal (rub on wrist) to get relief! Good luck to you!

Last edited: