Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

IV MXE - 300mg~ Hospital time..

ykm420

Bluelighter
Experienced -IV MXE - 300mg~ Hospital time blackout

Well, let me first start out by saying I'm a recovering junkie, I was DEEPLY dependent on opiates (IV heroin/oxymorphone) and MADLY in love with cocaine and xanax. If you've ever shot H and morphone in the same rig, my god, what a rush. Odd thing about my cocaine use was not being hooked on the drug so much as I was to the most amazing bellringers ever, I still crave for it to this day.

Now, onto my story- I managed to get myself off the massive cocaine use and 20mg Alprazolam addiction for a couple months before getting off opiates. Suboxone saved my life and I'm very thankful for that. As time went on, and the days of bring sober accumulated, I had no idea how to deal with life without drugs.
Life started to spiral when I started taking tons of somas each day, and when I found my very first legit RC supplier. I ordered a gram my first time around of mxe in the purest of form, what I thought would last me a week or two, only was there for 3 days. Never snorted it, I thought I would I.M. My first dose, once I had my 50mg shot ready, the needle went straight for my vein, not muscle. I instantly fell in love. My next order was for 6 grams, got it shipped overnight, and binged.
I was shooting 100mg shots and holing out for most of the day. Id just scoop the powder from the bag using the back end of tweezers and it always served well. It got to the point where I would be able to slam 100mg, and be completely coherent an 30-45min later. I've had some of the most profound trips of my life IV'ing MxE.

Now, on to the faithful night, I had been slamming mxe most the day, and was ready for my next adventure. I head into my bathroom with all the essentials, except my measuring tool. But hey, there's scissors in here, that'll do it. So, I scoop it out and it's just an absurd amount. Oh well I think to myself, i'll just slam this heroic dose and jump onto my bed as quickly as possible (a 5 second walk n i'd be covered up).. Well, that's not how things went down.

Apparently, as soon as I got it in my vein, I just fucking buckled, needle on the sink, me on the floor completely incoherent. Now I'm telling you all this from the point of view from my father, since I was in a completely different realm since I blacked the fuck out for about 5 hours.
I remember I guess when I wasn't completely blacked out anymore seeing NOTHING but white, my dads face to my left, my grandmas to tbe right. Now, I seriously thought I was just tripping sack, but I could smell.my dads Copenhagen when I looked at him, and my grandmas perfume when I looked at her. Blackout again, restrained to the bed, wrists and feet, again nothing but white light, this time I see and HPD officer in theroom so I lifted up and got close as I child to him and just started mad dogging him like no other, very angrily, blackout again. As I stated, I just thought I was in another realm, so I kept trying to get out of bed to go smoke a cigarette, and kept getting THROWN back onto the bed, this happened several times, another blackout.. This time I came to seeing nothing but light still and about people, 4 male nurses, one female, and two HPD officers, ripping off my shorts and boxers and jamming a catheter into me while restrained, it was horrific. I'm nearly 100% sure stuck their finger up my ass, too. It hurt like hell and I recall being petrified and closing my eyes hoping I'd come to soon enough.. I feel as though I was raped in a way, I was restrained, and held down by5 grown men as they stripped me naked and did what they did.. When I finally came out of it, my pops was at my side and we talked about things, what happened, and I told him I needed rehab.

Either way, I'm glad it happened when it did, I moved about 2 hours away to stay with my mom and do AA. I've been clean since. I needed out of that life and was living with her the very next day.

Last edited:
I hate MXE. I just don't see any fun in feeling like you're insane for a few hours. 300 mgs insane dose in and of its own. IVing it sounds like you wanted to walk around in Hell for a day. Nice report, though. Personally, twice was enough for me to realize that I hate MXE and never want to try it again.

Blacking out, fuck you would have had literally milliseconds before it all suddenly clicked and you dropped, and it all came together in that fraction of time...

fuck...

and then to wake up being restrained by all those men, that must have been seriously scary I hope you're alright nowadays... good to see your clean that's going well for you, bet your kicking goals now good on you. :)

MXE is one of those drugs that (for me at least) straddles the line between remarkable, and strangely unpleasant.

I haven't used it in about 6 months, and though I plan on using it again sometime in the future, I realized that I can no longer indulge myself with heroically high doses. The reason for this is that, unlike ketamine, I'm often quite functional physically, even when my brain is in a very confused, 200mg state. This can easily lead to bad situations.

MXE is one of those drugs that (for me at least) straddles the line between remarkable, and strangely unpleasant.

I haven't used it in about 6 months, and though I plan on using it again sometime in the future, I realized that I can no longer indulge myself with heroically high doses. The reason for this is that, unlike ketamine, I'm often quite functional physically, even when my brain is in a very confused, 200mg state. This can easily lead to bad situations.

This really resonates with me. The urge to go for higher doses usually leads to an unfulfilling or bad experience. My personal preference was to use ketamine and MXE together, which meant that at higher doses you're not able to run around like a nutter.

I hate MXE. I just don't see any fun in feeling like you're insane for a few hours. 300 mgs insane dose in and of its own. IVing it sounds like you wanted to walk around in Hell for a day. Nice report, though. Personally, twice was enough for me to realize that I hate MXE and never want to try it again.

You'd be amazed at the difference preloading with piracetam makes, but then again you might not. I'm done with ole' Mixie myself.

@OP: i've gone through that same shit as you in the ER & ICU, with the catheter and shit. Good times no?
You made the right choice to move & go to AA. It only gets worse.

The greatest of times. Sorry for all the typos I wrote it on my phone. Oh yeah, bring violently THROWN back in the bed multiple times was awful enough. I had a stroke at age 20, so my body doesn't function the same. I can't pee on command, half the time I have to sit down to do it. Since.I couldn't produce the urine they got extremely pissed off and started fkn with me. Coming partially out of a blackout andnot being able to move was horrendous.. Only funny part to me was getting as close to the cops face and mad dogging him with a look as though I wanted to fight. HPD cops are the fucking worst.

completely depends on the pattern of usage. a few 20-25mg hits every hour can become downright entheogenic and - paradoxically - extremely clear/cleansing mentally. at this point you can add a phenethylamine for perfection...
if you choose to do a big initial dose, MXE is a confused, delusional mess ime. it just needs to be approached in a careful way. slowly tune into it, do some rituals of you choice (e.g. yoga), work on yourself and MXE can reward you with a precious state of mind.

In regards to their tossing your salad, I imagine - and I'm no medical professional - it stimulates the prostate, flowing blood into the genitals and allowing for easier catheterisation.

Hope reading that gives you some comfort as you come to terms with everything. I'm a recovering junky, too - from 3 years on 80mg methadone + bags to nothing overnight - so I know exactly where you're coming from. Almost exactly three months clean today.

i used to love K, so much, so i also went OTT with mxe... renal failure 2 days of coma and 8 days in hospital with IV... i put my family through hell :( and hate myself for it

live(d) (luckily) and learn...

completely depends on the pattern of usage. a few 20-25mg hits every hour can become downright entheogenic and - paradoxically - extremely clear/cleansing mentally. at this point you can add a phenethylamine for perfection...
if you choose to do a big initial dose, MXE is a confused, delusional mess ime. it just needs to be approached in a careful way. slowly tune into it, do some rituals of you choice (e.g. yoga), work on yourself and MXE can reward you with a precious state of mind.

I agree with this, MXE gave me some of the most profound psychedelic experiences I've ever had. I had the cut shit from the headshop so I couldn't comment on doses with any accuracy but we would do bumps every so often smoke a little herb and once it was time to get down we would do 2 or 3 bumps in a row and just fade into the universe. I would do anything to get my MXE back, although would like to be restricted in frequency of use by some third party. it's really easy to binge on that's for certain but as a recreational drug I call MXE second to none hands down. It rarely caused me any major confusion and i'm surprised that some of you say that it didn't keep you on the floor motor skills/bodily awareness-wise. I could always move if I wasn't spaced out to the point of not knowing what a body is but it used to be a 10 minute round trip to the restroom across the hall from the bedroom on all fours.

combining with a PEA huh? i still kick myself for not stocking up one 2c-e, mephedrone, and methoxetamine while they were available in a local retail store. 2c-e and MXE sounds like it has some serious potential. I've only combined it with mushrooms sadly, which was a magical time, but i had opportunities to get top shelf RC's without worrying about tracking down vendors, finding one that has a good rep, hoping your white powder makes it to the mailbox, etc. we did plan to place an order from a site i was recommended to use and we just procrastinated until it was too late.

i'm sorry to hear these bad MXE experiences. it can surely be habit forming and even via intranasal caused quite a bit of compulsivity leading to binges. i can imagine IV use would make this behavior much more likely. it's a shame dissociatives can be so addictive because they are truly powerful tools, subjectively in the same realm as LSD, tryptamines and phenethylamines when it comes to exploring yourself and gaining insight.

What exactly happened there, man? Sorry to hear about that. MxE was a drug that was quite easy to binge on.. Like nearly every drug I abused in my 8 years of dopefeign-ness. Except uppers, nothing fun about the tail end of a night filled with shooting mexicos finest shards or multigram IR Adderall nights, ew. Once im up for 24 hours my body aches like a bitch, I dont like passing that mark, though I
have on many of occasions.
i used to love K, so much, so i also went OTT with mxe... renal failure 2 days of coma and 8 days in hospital with IV... i put my family through hell :( and hate myself for it

live(d) (luckily) and learn...

As if it isn't severely apparent to you by your experience, 300 mg IV MXE is WAY TOO HIGH!!!! I've never done anymore than about 40mg though that ROA, and that was over the top even with a high tolerance. Man, these kinds of things are why we can't have nice things, i.e. why this substance is probably on its way to being banned all around. At least we have forums like this for us to share our bad decisions to help prevent other people from making the same choices.
Glad to hear you are clean now man, stay safe!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I told them it was Ketamine, not mxe.. So, don't you worry your little heart out over a ban on my account. They asked where I got it, and they got the quiet game. Don't bust my balls over a bad decision.
Thanks for the clean note, however. I appreciate it, youngin'.
As if it isn't severely apparent to you by your experience, 300 mg IV MXE is WAY TOO HIGH!!!! I've never done anymore than about 40mg though that ROA, and that was over the top even with a high tolerance. Man, these kinds of things are why we can't have nice things, i.e. why this substance is probably on its way to being banned all around. At least we have forums like this for us to share our bad decisions to help prevent other people from making the same choices.
Glad to hear you are clean now man, stay safe!

Im glad you are alive man and im glad you are getting the help you need. Stay safe and even though you should have told them it was MXE, i support you decision to lie and tell them it was K. Lets try to keep this one off the number 1 list as long as possible.

Please get well; thank you for sharing your experience, I hope that others take the message that methoxetamine should not be used intravenously. I (really) recently had an experience with IV MXE that could have easily killed me. Even with a modest tolerance, 100mg caused a complete blackout and who knows what kinds of respiratory depression/internal organ distress. I woke up after several hours in a complete stupor. A loved one came to check on me after hearing a loud *thud* sound from my room and told me that he found me speaking in "alien tongues," and that while I appeared to be aware in a general sense, I was not aware of his presence and was altogether in another world.

I flushed the stuff afterwards. No thank you.

We can only hope that, by reading negative experiences like these, others out there will avoid the same path. Or even messing with MXE in any capacity.

I'm glad you're alive, OP <3 300mg IV is just.... A dose I am having difficulty comprehending at the moment.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, vaya :) MxE is it's own beast, and was highly addictive for me, being as IV usage gave me bell ringers like IV cocaine did, and the trip itself. I recall shooting maybe 150mg, I instantly laid down as I usual did, then went into a very deep hole.. I was laying in a beanbag, had clocks around me, as I controlled exactly what happened in the world on multiple T.V's.. I was completely paralyzed though. Was odd, but I do recall most of the trip, including who got rich, won the game, ect. Kobe bryant was a highlight. Either way, I'm no one to tell anyone how to live life, just remember you can always do more, never less.. Start low with any foreign substance. Peace and love to all <3