• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV morphine vs. heroin? addiction and high

nancy145

Bluelighter
I've heard injecting morphine and heroin are the same exact high. is this true? if so, is morphine just as addictive as heroin when injected?

theyre very similar buzz, heroin has increased purity and less histamine release (no pins and needles so strong its unpleasent like morphine)... id say morph is generally a bit easier to kick. However both are a bitch to get off of.

How does heroin have increased purity over morphine? Morphines normally from pharmaceutical sources. Heroin is a dirty street deal 99% of the time. It has a greater potency when pure. OP heroin is just acetylated morphine.

Lol, yeah I figured shadowed had made a typo or meant something else when talking purity between heroin and morphine. I spat my coffee with one of those short and loud "BAHH!" exclamatory laughs when I first read it, no disrespect to you shadowed like I said I think you meant something else.

I think what he means is that when you shoot smack, it feels more pure...mellow if you will. When you shoot morphine (enough of it) it feels like your entire body falls asleep. Like you feet and hands might, usually in my back, legs and neck. It can be quite painful and unpleasant at times. When you shoot H its just mellow and no pins and needles. If you shoot alot of H though, your vision can go along with your hearing, but its' the best damn feeling; sex x1000.

I made this comment in another post: If you've never shot morphine before, make sure your sitting down! I've had my legs collapse and the end result was getting a nice laceration and a nasty scar on my face...

Slightly graphic and NSFW... I'm only posting these to show you this is real...
http://imgur.com/9Cwd3e4
http://imgur.com/3ojv3mw

Ahh right ok mike, that makes more sense. For pain morphine is excellent, for the chronic pain patient a shot of heroin followed by a dose of morphine is excellent.....i suspect.

Precisely. I'm not in any chronic pain but I would do the morphine first to feel the rush than use the smack as a follow up..

I've never done heroin, but morphine feels too good when you shoot it. Therefore I'd imagine heroin is just as good if not better, my two cents.

Ahh right ok mike, that makes more sense. For pain morphine is excellent, for the chronic pain patient a shot of heroin followed by a dose of morphine is excellent.....i suspect.

For pain yes, but that person would eventually hate their life even more.

I can only speak from my experience but heroin has a nice warm rush that gets me speeding almost like a stimulant and morphine as said before has annoying pins and needles and makes me want to sleep. Heroin(good smack) hands down is much better!

Re reading my post and I feel I should apologise for my tone, didn't mean to talk down or anything :) iv never shot anything and never done heroin so all my info isn't even from experience, im sure you guys are better suited to answer anyway :)

I think what he means is that when you shoot smack, it feels more pure...mellow if you will. When you shoot morphine (enough of it) it feels like your entire body falls asleep. Like you feet and hands might, usually in my back, legs and neck. It can be quite painful and unpleasant at times. When you shoot H its just mellow and no pins and needles. If you shoot alot of H though, your vision can go along with your hearing, but its' the best damn feeling; sex x1000.

I made this comment in another post: If you've never shot morphine before, make sure your sitting down! I've had my legs collapse and the end result was getting a nice laceration and a nasty scar on my face...

Slightly graphic and NSFW... I'm only posting these to show you this is real...
http://imgur.com/9Cwd3e4
http://imgur.com/3ojv3mw

Oh yeah and Mike, you're lucky that injury wasn't worse man, and yes always sit down for a shot of any opiate I would suggest. Good advice Mike, Ouch

Re reading my post and I feel I should apologise for my tone, didn't mean to talk down or anything :) iv never shot anything and never done heroin so all my info isn't even from experience, im sure you guys are better suited to answer anyway :)
I personally didn't think you were talking down to anyone you just spoke facts,I'm not offended!

Yeah it didn't read like that Kaosis, you were quite right imo

Me and my buddy were leaving the cop spot in philly we were in my car I was driving and my buddy was passenger and after he shot his dope he fell face first into my crotch,so I pushed him back up to upright sitting position and again he fell face first into my dick.I was like fuck this and belted him in and was like if you do that again you need to give me a bag(I was kidding of course Id have just gotten a freebie from him,lol)

Heroin is effectively a prodrug for morphine, I believe people have done studies with purified diamorphine (heroin) and "normal" morphine and the average opioid user could not tell the difference if they were provided at the same strength. Pure heroin is 2.2x as strong as morphine when IV'd.

Of course street heroin is widely vaariable in cut, purity etc. In some locales it's cut with fentanyl, for instance.

(Heroin itself, and 3-acetyl-morphine, are both not active as opioids in e.g. cell culture, they need to be converted to morphine first before they become active!)

Seiko I usually bow to your knowledge on these subjects but again speaking from personal experience morphine is a different buzz injected and rush then heroin. I'm sure the study says that but at least in my case it's dead wrong!

I agree is namnoc on that but he said if they're at the same strength which I've never shot exactly the same strength of each to test that statement... Chemically the structures are similar but when it comes to abusing them they're two totally different animals.

Also thanks for that bit up there namnoc! That was funny. Note to self, strap everyone in before they do their shots to keep them upright? Lol

I prefer morphine to heroin. The heroin from syracuse is fire, but I loved the pins and needles. It was like a thousand points of blissful light coming out of every pore on my body.

Heroin is good in a pinch though.

If you aren't already opiate savvy, I wouldn't shoot morphine or heroin. It leads to crazy behavior. I slept with a lot of middle aged and old women for money, drugs. and a place to stay...

IV Morphine has a great rush, love the classic pins and needles, but IMO IV Morphine lacks legs.

IV Heroin has an intense rush an I still get pins and needles from certain batches, but it's a much milder pins and needles than IV Morphine. I think IV dope is better because it has a better overall high and nod, not to mention the metabolites like 6-MAM that play a huge role in an intensely euphoric rush. IME/O the dope around here has way more legs than IV Morphine. I've even got to compare it to a full vial of liquid morphine (such a fucking score).

It all really comes down to what you prefer, I find heroin feels more hydromorphone like, A morph rush without the pins and needles. I almost find heroin is like A shot of Oxycodone with the "OOMPH" of morphine.