• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV Morphine dose

Chris402

Greenlighter
Hello all,

Its been a few weeks since ive had any opiates. I normally take hydrocodone orally, but I have IV morphine. Would doing 10mg of IV morphine be safe, in one shoot? I have a relatively low tolerance. I am medically trained so starting IVs is no problem.

Thanks!

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that would just be like a 20-30 mg morphine orally or 15 mg oxycodone dose orally, so I would think IV 10 mg of morphine would be just fine, I'm just not positive make sure its not like 10 mg/1 ml, you said you're a medical personnel though so you probably know what you're doing.

When I IV'd morphine I'd usually do 60 mgs in a shot (one 60 mg IR tablet). 10 mgs is nothing

^^^Thats quite a lot for an opioid naive individual (I seen my buddy shoot at 100 mgs with no opiate tolerance but he was 6'7 and 300+ pounds)

I've seen people puke from 15-30 mgs there first time....I would say 10-15 mgs of morphine IV would be safe for a first timer and provide a decent euphoria.

i have a relatively low opiate tolerance and shot 30mg morph IM and that is enough for me to get close to nodding.

so i agree with 10-15mg IV first time

I'm sure you have already done this but if you haven't you may give banging the drug a second thought. It appears you have controlled yourself well up to this point. You may regret this decision one day soon. Don't shoot anything if you can avoid it. Good luck and I hope you walk away from it.