• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Iv Methadone - switching to dosing every other day

Achillesthegrub

Greenlighter
Good morning all,

Just a bit of a curiosity I've observed recently and I'm wondering if anyone has any insights into the matter.
Background - I'm currently prescribed 70mg of methadone each day and have been on the program for about four years maybe a bit longer. About six months ago I began misusing my methadone in the sense that I IV my dose every takeaway I get. Which is four times a week. So essentially I have transitioned to a 70mg oral dose and a 70mg IV dose every second day. So in total 140mg every second day. With no other opiates or benzos on the day off. So essentially for the last 6-12 months ive been adjusting to feeling sick every other day and stoned the next. Slowly I feel I adjusted to this disgusting routine and got less sick each day but also less stoned. I feared my tolerance was increasing. However I have observed a very curious phenomenon.
Now for some unfortunate circumstances I have been unable to dose for the first time in my life. I'm currently at day three and no withdrawals yet. Which is strange because in the past at day one I'm itching to dose.
Do any of you have experience with this sort of scenario? What is going on inside my body and brain for me to have no withdrawals?
BTW I'm purely curious about others observations on this scenario. I am well aware I am misusing my methadone and my roots for addiction are being fed by the clinic not helped or treated while I continue to endulge myself in the iv lifestyle. I am taking measures to deal with that. While all replies are appreciated please keep them on the topic of the phenomenon and away from the point that I am obviously not doing myself any favours abusing the methadone.

Kind regards