• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction IV meth: what’s happening to my arm?!

Amya_43

Greenlighter
Hey all. I’ve been using IV meth again on a pretty constant basis for about 3 months now. In the beginning I wasn’t as smart as I should have been. I reused dull needles when I didn’t have new ones. Now I ONLY USE new ones, I always clean the injection site with alcohol prior, and I always use a clean filter. Lately my best vein in the crease of my right arm has started to feel hard and the vein looks swollen when the tourniquet is on. I used for years prior and never had that happen. I’ve been trying to let it rest and heal. Well I’ve used it a couple times recently, and just now when I did a shot (I don’t think I missed??) I felt the shot, but the injection site STUNG like hell where I pulled the needle out. I’m using clean short needles but it keeps turning super red where I pull the needle out. But it Instantly swelled a little and turned red. It looks weird and really bad. I’ve posted some pics. The redness is getting better, and the swelling is going down a bit but it feels like there’s a big knot and it’s discolored. Whats wrong with my vein? Should I be concerned and what should I do for self-care?

Attachments

• A98804A2-F4C5-4E30-A0F5-7C78AC994472.jpeg
    A98804A2-F4C5-4E30-A0F5-7C78AC994472.jpeg
    753.9 KB · Views: 10
  • E9100889-A5FF-40F1-AF79-510CE2D030ED.jpeg
    E9100889-A5FF-40F1-AF79-510CE2D030ED.jpeg
    815.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
This is what it looks like 20 minutes later.

Attachments

• EE85F03B-2087-478C-B405-C56D0D28519F.jpeg
    EE85F03B-2087-478C-B405-C56D0D28519F.jpeg
    903.9 KB · Views: 3
Have you tried a doctor? I know nobody wants to hear this but we are (mostly) not medical professionals.

One of the greatest BLers I ever knew died because he was too proud to have his abscess looked at by a doctor....

Damn I’m fucking my arms up too. I go for treatment on Tuesday. I have knots and sore veins. I can tell my circulation is bad and now when I shoot my chest gets heavy and my arms sting sometimes in the shoulder and even in the other arm. I can’t find the vein in the crook of my right arm and I’ve never shot there.., Oh also I get numbing in random places of my body and my left arm and leg get heavy and my breathing feels tight. Anyone familiar?