• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV Meth user

JJohnson1

Greenlighter
Hello All I am new to BL just today. I have a question and hoping to get help.
Does anyone know why, when using, the blood draws back as its In, I complete it and within minutes I get a blister that turns intoa hole and this takes a month to heal. What Am i doing wrong?

I need more information to answer this question. What I need is a better description of the injury in question. Is it itchy, painful, red or whatever the fuck. I need to know about how long you have been using Methamphetamine. How big is this hole? What is your diet, sleep, hydration like? If wounds are taking an entire month to heal, I would wager that your body is in distress or missing some kind of essential nutrients and/or hydration.

Are you familiar with what infection looks like? Have you ever had an abscess and can you identify one? Please give us more information man. I'm willing to bet that this ends with my instructing you to stop injecting Methamphetamine and to probably seek medical attention for these "holes", so be prepared for that :(

Why don't you smoke, snort or plug it instead? when you inject the needle are you pulling back to draw blood first to make sure you are in a vein? rotating injection sites? what gauge needles are you using?

Whilst it could happen later down the line, it does not sound like this is due to an infection. Even the most virulent, pestilential contagion, whilst some can kill in hours (such as pneumonic plague, or the now extinct sweating sickness for example) there is no virus nor bacteria on earth that can be introduced into the body, via a wound etc. and cause symptoms within minutes of exposure.

That sounds like a direct physical reaction of some sort to the injection (and its contents, I mean), a blister arising within minutes isn't going to be an abscess. Not when someone shoots up and then 100s of seconds later it has already raised a blister, no way that is due to infection itself, although slow wound healing could be due to infection from an open wound.

Are you making certain to register the shot into the vein and that there is no missing? does it happen even when you sucessfully register, and stay in the vein throughout the entire shot?

Why don't you smoke, snort or plug it instead? when you inject the needle are you pulling back to draw blood first to make sure you are in a vein? rotating injection sites? what gauge needles are you using?

Yeah, there's really no good reason to IV unless you have needle fixation. If your tolerance is too high for smoking then you can always do hot-rails. Heat one end of a glass tube with a torch and then snort a line (with the cold end by your nose - obviously!). The meth with vaporize and you'll exhale smoke. I found this the best way to get a rush without messing around with needles. Be careful not to burn yourself though.

It could be that you moved while in the vein and missed the shot.

Sounds like a miss or a partial miss.

So I gotta say, as an IV meth user, when someone posts things to the tune of "why IV? There's no good reason when you can eat, plug, smoke, whatever".

I don't have a needle fixation. I'm fat and it's hard to hit.

It's a huge rush and and intese high when you trick your brain into dumping out 50 or 100 times the dopamine it usually does. It's plugging compared to shooting is like comparing an orgasm to a sneeze.

Of course, being a drug addict is like shitting your pants and everyone notices but you.

My meth addiction is filed under "things I should not know about myself"

Just my 2 cents. Your experience may vary.

I?m still new to this site but yea that really just sounds like you missed, all it takes is a little, which caused the area to become inflamed which can sometimes cause an overreaction in the persons immune system making it infected with even the most seemingly harmless bacteria both of which can manifest in blister like wounds on or around injection site

It sounds like a miss or partial, you have to be steady & take your time and make sure that needle doesn?t move from transitions to the plunger! Thats why most people miss or partially, I go in at a slight angle & being careful taking my time! As soon as the blood backs in don?t get exited and keep you eyes on the needle and barrel, not the plunger! Slowly push & steady going if no burn, when all in slowing take out the needle at the same angle going in! Slow and steady and you should never miss with a register!
A little trick I use, put a sweat wristband on or 2 on top of each other depending on the angle you like and will act as a secure cushion it you have a shaky hand!
Hope this was helpful !