• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

~ IV Meth Use Problems ~ Addicted&Lost

Peace&Serenity

Greenlighter
I've been using meth on and off for about 7 months now intravenously. Yet before that I'd smoke some here and there with friends, and my first experience which lasted 3 months was just shake and bake that I snorted. I've had what I would describe as a long distance relationship with meth... Have a 3 day binge (max I've done was 6, but I stay at 2 or 3) and then recover my body for a good couple weeks or so. I'm always safe, using lots of alcohol to clean the injection site and keeping a clean work area. I also am not comfortable with shooting myself so my husband does it for me but he's very experienced and very careful. I started doing little shots as everyone around me took big boy shots but not persuaded I stick to little ones as I was just starting out shooting the drug instead of my usual smoking or snorting and I wanted to build up my tolerance by not overloading my body. I also get those little red baby bumps or rashes on the same vein where i injected. I guess im allergic to something, so he says. Over the first couple months I never really had any problems with my veins or body. The occasional chest pains, sweating but overall the normal high. Around the 3rd or 4th month he missed just 2 times but it never really swelled up or caused me problems. However he did warn me shooting is quite addictive and he was right. I started shooting more and more but still little shots using my inner elbow veins closest to my body. The more I used I noticed my injection sites were hurting more but not constant. There were times I was going to work and we were working slightly faster than our normal safe pace. Lately my legs and arms go tingly fall asleep numb so easily and sometimes my knees are purplish blue. The other day when I got off work my feet and ankles were swollen and that's never happened before. But I've cut back a lot due to my inner left vein is still blackish blue and sore ( that happened 1 month and a half ago but that used to be my favorite vein) and my right inner veins are sore and bruised. Before I get to my conclusion I must state that the "hot cough" your supposed to get... I just recently started getting those. I would feel the normal rush.. That euphoric rush thru your body. Weird it only happened a couple times and then I slowly stopped getting them. My husband said my tolerance is building up and I'll have to take bigger doses but I only want slightly bigger ones.. My arms and legs just feel weak all the time I can't keep them up or raised for a long period of time because I immediately feel them falling asleep fast followed by a slight, not sharp but noticeable, pain radiating out from my injection sites... So tonight he gives me my shot and the needle has become a tad bit dull so it hurts but he tries to register in my right inner vein but is damaged or something because very little blood came out and it hurt like shit. It literally felt like the whole needle went thru my vein. So he went to my left arm and registered fine. No hot cough yet my arms and hands feel so dead and numb but not real numb like they are almost asleep minus the tingling and my veins were like a damn road map, bulging like fuck. My right arm where he was trying to register in my damaged vein but was too low turned like a dark red with a brown tint... Or I was tripping one. My hands werent cramping but they felt like when u first wake up and u make a fist and it feels weird. So I lay there. Almost to the end. He decides to want to fool around. Skeptical because I'm drinking apple juice and water and trying not to freak myself into a panic attack. I'm relaxing taking slow deep breaths. Chest still hurts here and there but my arms and veins are crazy. During our little session all I can do is lie there but I was polite enough to tell him before hand that my arms and hands hurt and I don't want to over do it. Its great as always but I was such a mood killer because of my arms. No matter where I tried to position them they ached. Especially my left inner one.. Towards the end its hot, I'm starting to sweat and feel real funny. Legs falling asleep. I raise up and had to take it slow as I grab my apple juice bc I need to stay hydrated. I got a little dizzy and fuzzy but for a matter of seconds. I'm fine now. Laying here. Arms still hurt. Still high as shit. Just taking it easy on my arms. He said that was the biggest shot I've ever done. That scared me too. Not much chest pain at all anymore. Lungs hurt but that's bc I chain smoke on this shit which I know doesn't help at all. So, I probably wrote too much, but I would rather the people who do read this know more info than less. I've only really had troubles and pains in my injection sites and the numbing tingly feeling in extremities. I'm scared I have clots which is causing poor circulation. I know Im not in the best health because I use to suffer from bulima a few years back. After that I ate but maybe once if that a day. After I got help with that I turned to alcohol.. Quite heavily.. And to this day all I do is smoke weed and drink some singles but I still shoot up maybe twice every other week or two. With the knowledge and will power from my mother my eating is good. Besides from my binges. Just have always wanted some other people's advice or possible experiences with the same symptoms. My apologies for the length. :)

*Update*

Its been about 4 hours since my first monstrous hit. High is very much going strong. Chest pains have minimized slightly. Arms and injection sites are still the same feelings. I know I've done considerable damage this time. Its like this for me and I have never experienced such a big dose before like others I know. I always stuck to my baby shots as I called them. They weren't really baby shots they were quite potent for someone like me just starting out a new form of ingesting meth. I was just trying to be careful and build up my tolerance and after several months I did just that. I'm still going whereas my little shots I would already be sleepy. Plus we have gotten some pretty shitty batches. My health is still quite a concern and has been for the past few months as my symptoms progressed. Slowly but surely. I didn't know or see how shooting could put off such an addictive habit. I always got high on smoking it and snorting it. But the rush I got as soon as I first did it was unlike anything I have ever felt. My senses kick in at full capacity and I'm wrapped up in a state of full pleasure and euphoria. It is a habit that can be controlled depending on the persons mind and willpower. The way I felt early this morning had me quite worried because we upped my quantity. But I certainly built up my tolerance. For now I'm giving my veins and body a rest maybe for a few weeks. 2 at the most. And still try to stay in the same dosage range. I don't want to come off as a badass and start hitting the big ones just yet. I honestly believe my body can't go thru such an amount. I've adapted to my usual. However I might add a small amount every time to not over do it. I'm gonna keep a very close eye on my arms. My health does come before my forever loved addiction.

That's a lot of info but it's also concerning with some of the side effects you describe. Yes they are typical for use but they cannot be comfortable or safe considering the extent of them. All that aside the one thing that stood out to me is that it sounds as if you're reusing the same rig and that's a sure fire way to get problems ranging from damaged vessels to serious infections. Check out the mega thread on IV use that details the finer points to use that ROA as safely as possible.

Shit if inwas as worried as you, i would stop for more than two weeks. Ide wait awhile until i was way past healed and also had a dr visit to make sure i did not do enough damage to truely worry. Especislly with meth as it usually leaves me paranoid enough about my health and i turn into a health freak during my binges.

You both are most certainly right. I especially get freaked about my health and this time for sure I know I'm not on tripping. Side effects are pretty prominent enough for me to finish out this high and help my body get back nutrient rich and built back right. I am not even rushing to get more or crave it at all. I want my health back. And I plan to go to the dr Monday as I pray nothing more serious comes up before then. I won't let my drug use come before my health.