• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

iv meth, large lumps on jaw

keethstone

Bluelighter
Hey guys, before anyone says it, yes, i plan on going to the doctor asap. I IVed meth and I just wanted to get a second opinion as to why both sides of my jaw, just behind the jawline/just below ear lobes are swolen to the size of half a golf ball. Is this from the drug or something unrelated? It has happend on 4 seperate occasions. It stays verly largely swolen and hard as a rock for about 30 mins then goes back down, then may come back in a couple days randomly. What could this be?

Is it over the back of your jaw bone where the lump of muscle is? Or further back in the soft area of your neck? If so I would probably say it's a gland or lymp node that is swelling and having a reaction / getting pissed off for some reason. I think I would probably try to stop until you can see a Dr. Or at least snort or something other than IV if you get withdrawals bad.

Do you happen to chew tobacco?

No matter what anyone says it's just a guess and you need to see a Dr. Even if it's scary as hell it's always best to catch things sooner than later.

Does it happen every single time you shoot or have you been pushing long? Some people's bodies just don't like certain things or it might happen when you get a dirty batch or some made a certain way that has traces of something.

How is your health? Do you eat good? Eat plenty of granular salt that contains iodine? Almost sounds like where goiders begin whitch normal happen because of a lack of iodine. If you don't consume much certain drugs cause the body to consume high amounts of nutrients and maybe your body is responding to a severe lack of iodine.

All just wild ass guesses.

See a Dr. And if you can't afford one go to a community not for profit hospital and go to the ER. Takes a long time but they have to treat you and you don't have to pay them back though you will get monthly bills and harass you. But it won't effect your credit ever.

Anyways, see a Dr asap because anything weird, especially from a high dose of drug, may be nothing but better to find out now if it's not

As someone that has gotten terrible medical news many times, it's never worth worrying about something until you get some news worth worrying about. Or else you're just causing undue stress when it probably isn't anything. And if you do get bad news it still isn't worth worrying and you follow the Dr's advice. It's always best to stay positive and if it happens you will know when it's time to worry.

Good luck and do see someone no matter what any of us say.

Last edited:
A Google search brings up a fair amount of results with swelling/swollen neck lymph nodes/ neck swelling after using meth. Don't see a reason but it may be somewhat common response.

Still need to see a Dr to find out for sure as it's still not normal.

Is it over the back of your jaw bone where the lump of muscle is? Or further back in the soft area of your neck? If so I would probably say it's a gland or lymp node that is swelling and having a reaction / getting pissed off for some reason. I think I would probably try to stop until you can see a Dr. Or at least snort or something other than IV if you get withdrawals bad.

Do you happen to chew tobacco?

No matter what anyone says it's just a guess and you need to see a Dr. Even if it's scary as hell it's always best to catch things sooner than later.

Does it happen every single time you shoot or have you been pushing long? Some people's bodies just don't like certain things or it might happen when you get a dirty batch or some made a certain way that has traces of something.

How is your health? Do you eat good? Eat plenty of granular salt that contains iodine? Almost sounds like where goiders begin whitch normal happen because of a lack of iodine. If you don't consume much certain drugs cause the body to consume high amounts of nutrients and maybe your body is responding to a severe lack of iodine.

All just wild ass guesses.

See a Dr. And if you can't afford one go to a community not for profit hospital and go to the ER. Takes a long time but they have to treat you and you don't have to pay them back though you will get monthly bills and harass you. But it won't effect your credit ever.

Anyways, see a Dr asap because anything weird, especially from a high dose of drug, may be nothing but better to find out now if it's not

As someone that has gotten terrible medical news many times, it's never worth worrying about something until you get some news worth worrying about. Or else you're just causing undue stress when it probably isn't anything. And if you do get bad news it still isn't worth worrying and you follow the Dr's advice. It's always best to stay positive and if it happens you will know when it's time to worry.

Good luck and do see someone no matter what any of us say.

Thank you for your detailed responce. The swelling is directly below both ears, more so on the left side than the right. And is almost halfway on top of the ramus on the jaw and half on the softer neck just behind the ramus.
It didnt start happening until about a month ago, it has happened three times so far and every time was durring/close to a period when i had been IVing, i woke up one morning and only the right side was swolen, the second time i was about to eat dinner, the third time was yesterday soon after IVing and it has been on and off sense yesterday.
As for health, i am as healthy as you possably can be while IVing meth occasionally lol, i only do it a few times a week until the gram is gone then take a several month break until the next time i buy the stuff. I have been doing bodybuilding, stongman, powerlifting, ect. My whole life (i know, meth and a health freak, weird combo) i track all my macro and micro nutrients to the Tee, very strict workout regiment.
Definatly no to chewing tobacco

A Google search brings up a fair amount of results with swelling/swollen neck lymph nodes/ neck swelling after using meth. Don't see a reason but it may be somewhat common response.

Still need to see a Dr to find out for sure as it's still not normal.

I did some google searching but everything i found was regaurding lymph nodes in a different area or never gave a real possable answer.
Also, when the areas of my jaw swell, it looks like golf balls under the skin, sometimes a littl less swelling, when it does happen, its kind of hard to eat or speak because there is so much pressure in the area, it also is generally painless and almost had a numbing sensation, if there is pain, its from the pressure, it feels rock hard and the swelling peaks in less than 2 mins from start to golf ball. Dont know if any of that helps. Thank you for the responses