• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants IV meth has new consequences

Survive_ME

Greenlighter
I am a seasoned injector, and I am as safe as possible, as often as possible. But, I haven't always been and it isn't always possible, so... Some collapsed veins, plenty of sclerosis, phlebitis more than once, and (at 40) a lot of scars that are the shape of the vein the once were.
NEVER an infection, abcess, or disease.
Safe(ish)
This last injection, though some admittedly missed, has not JUST the lump of drug left at the iv site, the vein if puffy and irritated for 2 inches or so beyond the site. It's a palpable vein, but never visible before this incident.
I did, have to push the damn (31g short) plunger in pretty hard because Walgreens shit needles stick in the barrel (even at pull back) and it moves in pulses getting the shot in. But, never seen this "follow the vein path" kind of swelling. Any ideas what such a condition is called? Likely the cutting agent, or just the bad ingredients? (thank you pseudophed ban)
Love to k ow if anyone else has has this occur... Thanks all

You're describing phlebitis, which is rarely life-threatening if located in surface veins or blood vessels.
Where was it on your body? how long ago was the shot? Have your symptoms improved, about the same, or worsened? Pay attention to fever/chills, swollen lymph nodes, or localized swelling that grows.

Last edited: