• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants IV meth double back potency gauging method

Eligiu

Moderator: TDS; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
So I've been injecting meth on and off close to 7 years now. I've never really had a reliable method of judging the potency of a shot in order to maximize my harm reduction.

I've heard that strong meth doubles back in volume when drawn up after adding water. Recently this has been my experience too. Tonight I set up a shot and put 5 units of water in. It drew back almost full to 9 and so I put a bunch back in the bag.

I am exceptionally glad I did so, because the amount that I did was far more than enough for me and well at my limit.

The issue is, the current gear in my area is ridiculously inconsistent and stepped on. I can't get a single source who will provide me with a reliability good product so now tonight, I'm honestly left with more than I want to use.

Do other people use this method to judge the potency of a batch?

This is a bit of a tweaker fallacy. The actual hygroscopy of each batch of meth can vary quite considerably based on how the crystals have turned out and what they might have sucked out of the atmosphere during storage and transport.

Because there is so much variation there is no standard by which to determine potency.

…and the “potency” of meth is usually taken to mean the % of it that is d-meth. And the only practical way to test that is using a polarimeter (which is not that difficult to make your own at home - or get a chinese one off ebay for $200)