• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

IV MDMA less neurotoxic than other routes?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I forget where I had read this, but I firmly remember on a forum a moderator I highly respected and was extremely intelligent and well versed in brain chemistry, drug use, the human body, and neurology, etc.

Everytime he answered a question I looked up the info he wrote and I never saw him post a single incorrect statement or fact.

He had replied to someone asking about the neurotoxicity of MDMA and had stated that by IVing MDMA it somehow through bypassing something, it drastically reduced the negative side effects and neurotoxicity over oral, intranasal and rectal administration.

This seems highly unlikely right? How could that be possible?

But then last night I IV’d 150 mg of pure MDMA and today I feel absolutely no negative effect, no hangover, no tiredness anxiety or fatigue. I feel great..

I slept 8 hours didn’t reside and took

ALA
vitamin C
omega 3s
Schisandra
Magnesium
Curcumin
Lions Mane
NAC

but I mean I feel great..

Is it possible that by IV MDMA is somehow less neurotoxic and damaging than orally? Does anyone have extensive knowledge of the brain and how MDMA operates on its systems and how it is absorbed in the body?

If you don’t know please don’t just yell at me that I’m an idiot, etc because I truly trusted what this mod wrote and I wish I could find it but I can’t.

It relates to the neurotoxic metabolites that both MDMA and MDA form. From my memory though the no neurotoxicity relates to IV straight into the brain, but I’m assuming regular IV use would also majorly bypass the normal metabolite formation from ROA’s like oral.

That said 150mg is a pretty fat IV dose.

See how you feel over the next week but I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t get much hangover/comedown. I just think while it likely is less neurotoxic there are of course complications that can arise from IV use as well as the shortened duration and change of the character of the experience.

-GC

Well I don't know nearly enough to say if it's true...

But I think it's at least possible.

If it is the case it's probably due to bypassing first pass metabolism. Oral administration of drugs results in additional metabolic processes that can result in a drug being metabolized into different substances in different quantities than other routes.

This is for instance why naloxone has so little effect taken orally, but not IV.

Perhaps one of MDMAs harmful metabolites reaches lower serum levels via IV than oral? I don't know. But there are possible ways this might have truth to it.

What JessFR said, I remember reading here that it was liver metabolites that would cause damage, and IV does bypass first pass, but I personally find that intranasal helps a lot as well.
Ofcourse it is likely that a good portion of what is insufflated will end up being swallowed.

It relates to the neurotoxic metabolites that both MDMA and MDA form. From my memory though the no neurotoxicity relates to IV straight into the brain, but I’m assuming regular IV use would also majorly bypass the normal metabolite formation from ROA’s like oral.

That said 150mg is a pretty fat IV dose.

See how you feel over the next week but I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t get much hangover/comedown. I just think while it likely is less neurotoxic there are of course complications that can arise from IV use as well as the shortened duration and change of the character of the experience.

-GC
It's only a "fat dose" if it's magic ;)