• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Iv klonopin reaction

secretone

Greenlighter
This is probably a dumb question and I'm kind of embarrassed asking, but i had a weird reaction and don't vreally know what it was... apologies in advance for being wordy or rambling. It's how I do.

First though, i want to let you know I don't shoot it to try to get high. I know there's no added benefit to iv'ing it. it does its job for me fine orally. The shooting is some dumb psych fixation since my boyfriend's recent death and blah blah blah. You don't need the sob story, but I felt I needed to explain that.

So my actual question...
I take 0.5 mg of clonazapam and have iv'ed it maybe 3 or 4 times . And it's always been fine. But Today my chest tightened up and my breathing felt tight and I got a massive head rush feeling... it only lasted about 2 minutes, if that, and then I just felt a little off for a while and now I'm fine.
I'm assuming this was from the klonopin. I'm always careful about keeping things clean and sterilized and filtering, but this has never happened before.

Was this an overdose feeling? (Dunno how since it's the same dose and tiny but who know). Does it sound like I got something else in there? I've oded on opiates before, a long time ago, but i just fell out, and it was nothing like that.

I'm fine now. But I don't think I'll be doing that again though, it was NOT pleasant. I'm stupid, but I do learn.

Thanks for any insight.

Never IV benzos. Especially in pill form. There's no reason for it & just damages your veins & can cause other health problems. They aren't water soluable

I know, thank you for the concern.
My question though is if anyone can tell me what the physical reaction was about since I've never experienced before.

As I stated in there, I realize there's no reason to iv them and it's a bad idea. It's part of a compulsion or something with these breakdowns i have that im not really sure how to explain here. (I'm in therapy. )

It wasn't overdose but something to do with IV use of a pill not meant for IV use.

Clonazepam doesn't dissolve in water as far as I know. You need Propylene glycol or something of the sort. Ask others for more info.

I truly recommend you save the needles for injectable drugs.

Edit: Please find a doctor first and foremost to get yourself checked out. Then get help for your compulsion to IV substances. I know that rectal administration often gives a similar bioavailability and "rush" to intravenous use.

Thank you for the information. I don't plan on doing that again. I wish had opiates but it's probably just as well I dont. I was clean for a long time and ive just started being stupid.
I'm going to talk to my therapist about the needle thing and I'm tossing the one I have.

Thank you again for answering.

You are welcome! Glad to help whenever I can! Hope you get better, I gave up on the needles 3 years ago now so I know you can tackle this.