View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IV Ketamine in the morning.

Speed King

Bluelighter
I am having a 8 hour Ketamine infusion in the morning. My doctors said that it will help my sense of pain and depression. It is a standard 0.5mg/kg. Does anyone have suggestions. Anything that might enhance it.

I dont think its enough to really feel anything. If you are getting a dose of 05.mg/kg over an 8 hour period thats not much for a normal sized person. Now if they are going to keep you at that dose you will definitely feel something when your blood levels spike but i think the point is it relieves both of those without much if any psychoactive effects.

I could be wrong but it was my belief the point was to not get high but get that sense of well being that comes with it. Perhaps someone with more experience can shed some light here.

Thanks suzko000. You are correct. For all who are reading, I posted in OD also, but specificly posted in this forum for the psychedelic aspect of the infusion. There wasn't really any side effects at all. Any more posts or comments will be made in the OD thread.

suzko000, you are right. There was no high, although I did feel fucked up, but never sick or sick to my stomach.
Today, i hope this is more then an afterglow because I feel pretty numb.
I will continue to post in OD.

Last edited:
You do get credit for actively trying SK a lot of people in your position fall victim to "it wont work for me, its a lot to try to find relief, they wont let me participate in a new study" i have to commend you on your desire for self improvement in times that can be trying. Keep it up and you will find the peace you are looking for its only when we give up that we never find it :)

I am having a 8 hour Ketamine infusion in the morning. My doctors said that it will help my sense of pain and depression. It is a standard 0.5mg/kg. Does anyone have suggestions. Anything that might enhance it.

Turn up the drip.

Back again. I'm st***d at the moment. First, I asked the girl if I could play Phish . The girl nurse that was hooking me up, followed Phish throughout the 90's . We had a moment discussing shows. All smiles, both me and her. I got 500mg total. She told me I was completely peaceful and woke fine. She said I was the first patient that they gave the entire bag to. I don't know what her point was. I was able to get my shit together quickly. I was still fucked up in certain areas for awhile. Went home, ate some Valium and had a very nice night.

Glad to hear it Speed King, here's hoping you have more nice nights ahead of you. :)

Will be soon following up with doctor. I would like to make this a regular thing.

I had some ketamine this morning too ;-)

How much was this treatment? I remember reading somewhere else they charge hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. While I hope ot works for you, I would personally pay tens of dollars and just sniff/iv myself 500mg over 8 hours.

Not yet. Once I get to the doctor and get this to happen "regularly", like my next infusion, I will get an idea from a cool nurse. You can probably google it. That's actually a good point. Could justify the treatment. I'll find out soon enough.

curious does the insurance cover it only for the pain or for depression also?

for pain, is it only approved/covered for CRPS or other types of pain as well?