• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV heroin vs smoked heroin

Juanmoretime

Greenlighter
Would you say the high from smoking heroin would be comparable to mainlining it minus the intense rush? I've never IV'd heroin before (probably never will) but I'm just curious as to what the experienced users think about this.

No it is way more intense IV. Smoking it is nice and all, and it definitely gives you a nice rush/high, but IV is like taking the entire amount you smoke all at once, and releasing it all at once into your bloodstream instantaneously! Smoking you can only inhale so much each hit.. so it your smoking say like a .5 g of H or whatever your only getting a small fraction of that each hit, plus you are going to lose some of the vapor when sucking it thru your tube off the foil, its not possible to get every bit of smoke/vapor it puts off each hit unfortunately.. All in all smoking it is nice! but its just no where near as intense a rush/high from IV.

IV you could probably do like half the amount you normally smoke, and be more than destroyed because your getting it all at once, not pausing between each hit, so the rush is way more intense and the high is much stronger.. There is a huge difference between them. I have done them both ways many, many times. I used to love smoking my H or OCs but as soon as I picked up that needle and slammed H for the first time, it was over... never smoked H/OC again. That is usually how it goes, the high and rush from IV is just way too good!! You won't want to smoke it anymore, if your like the majority of people including myself, who never look back after their first shot of dope.. Please do not try this! seriously, it will fuck your life up more than you could ever imagine, and it is way more dangerous to IV, especially H. You never know what is in it, and with all this fentanyl laced dope around... its even more dangerous now and you could die of an OD before you even push the plunger half way into the shot!

You can also smoke (vaporize, actually) using a bong with a titanium nail. NO WATER.

Come back and tell us that it wasnt the second birf o' Chrissssssst!

Edit: This is assuming you have black tar, I'm not sure if this method is possible with East Coast powder H. Also, IV is obviously always going to be the best ROA for almost any drug since it will go directly where it needs to go with near 100% BA. But its also the most dangerous. Therefore I recommend the above for being able to get the maximum dose with the least amount of waste and danger. Also H is highly water soluble so if you put water in your bong you'll lose some % of your H in the water.

Last edited:
It's apples and oranges you're talking about here, bud.

While surely there is some great sensation of euphoria as a result of many (or any) ROA you take your heroin by, since intravenous administration is the quickest (as with almost any hydrophilic substance) and has the highest bioavailability (it's somewhere near 100%) it is going to yield the best possible rush for a user, and if I'm correct in my logic on this - keep him satisfied for a lot longer time than the user who uses their heroin by smoking or intranasal absorption. These later two need to chase the high a lot more often than the IV user.

From my own experience - and IV route was my usual ROA - I only needed to guess how much (or really, how big a piece) needed to go into my spoon, based on how much was able to get me high the last few times I used (without ever needing to re-dose to get the high I was shooting for) and that would be my one shot for the day.

Of course, as my habit got more intense, and my use lapsed over into addiction, I would do several shots throughout the evening (or day, basically whenever I still had some heroin).

Now I've smoked and snorted heroin too, so I'm not basing my opinion on what limited experience I've gathered over the years and by statistical data I read in books and have seen repeated on the internet. I've tried these three methods and I can tell you IV administration, subjectively and objectively, is so much more fulfilling than any others.