• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV Harm Reduction kit and Ideas.

newguy1385

Bluelighter
WARNING:
The following is aimed at the more enthused Recreational and Professional Psychonauts. That said, IV drug use references are made needles are shown as well as similar medical supplies are discussed. I'm not glorifying it in any way, simply providing a link to safe, clean supplies to reduce risks and increase overall safety. If this goes beyond your realm of comfort, please do not go any further or click on any of the links provided.

TLDR:
This is an excessively long and detailed list of items I've found useful and included in my Go-Bag over the years. I got bored and a bit hyper-focused and decided to catalog everything inside of it to see what I might like to remove, replace, add, or change. This took me down a supply shopping rabbit hole that I figured I would Document so that others might benefit too.

DISCLAIMERS:
1. No acts of drug use or physical drugs are shown.
2. Techniques and procedures are not discussed in any fashion.
3. I do not endorse or encourage the sale or use of drugs or other controlled substances.
4. I'm not providing advice or instructions in any way.
5. I am in no way selling or supplying anything, nor am I being provided with any sort of compensation or kickbacks for writing this and providing the embedded links.
6. I also am not employed or partnered with any company listed in this document.
7. I am not a Medical Professional, simply an Advanced Connoisseur of the Recreational Substance Arts with too much time on my hands.
8. Nothing illegal is shown or provided for in this document.
9. This list is composed of legal supplies and the links where they can be found for a reasonable price. (Some of these items can be hard to find and are niche products, so please share this resource.)

This document is meant to be a resource for where to get fairly priced clean supplies. This is only intended to be a general guide for those who seek to be prepared for all possibilities while you embark on your journey. Hopefully, it saves you time and effort in deciding what supplies are wanted or needed for your kit and provides a starting point for you to explore and expand upon. If you're still with me thus far, please continue to forge ahead. You've finally reached the actual Document!

What I started with:
Medium-sized Electronic Cable Organization Bag I found on Amazon for $25 and repurposed it for my Kit. It does a great job of storing all my supplies organized and clean. It's made of nylon material and is waterproof & shockproof with padded foam, which obstructs water and vapor effectively. Heavy duty and anti-tear material offer all-around protection to all things inside as well as against scratches, dust, impacts, and accidental dropping.
With the addition of a Combination Lock for Zippered Bags to secure and lock the bag from prying eyes, you don't have to worry about someone digging through your bag. It's not indestructible but it's solid enough to delay anyone messing around with it long enough to take control of the situation.

My Kit:
The top compartment is made up of Elastic Straps (picture) and a Zippered Mesh Pocket (picture) for various tools and supplies.
Upper Portion:
wN6z_P71ntd6wh2HL9jjrs0bqo8XWzDJNkjX8c8GDo9ttCEZA6bxgMTsucGbZVHU5ur-X9432fNqm0bYR1rfS3db2d8n_gMv8xSCKI3It5RRxGIS5M7k3WwdnzCvcoI6tiPF6hjtdUl0BT-oIErs78k

1. 31G 5/16" Insulin Syringes
2. Sharpies: Regular & Fine Point - for writing the concentration on prepped vials.
3. Pens - for notes while prepping volumetric doses.
4. Flashlight, Penlight (also Penlight with UV light), or a precision/focused light source (this is not a substitution for working in the dark. Always try to work in a well-lit area.)
5. Long Stem Tweezers
6. Long Stem Lab Spatula or 10mg scoop
7. Capsule Filling Kit - this is also useful for Oral preparation.
8. Bic Lighter
9. Small Knife
10. Eye Drops
11. Naloxone Injectable - Free from a local Harm Reduction Resource/Syringe Exchange Site.

Lower Portion:
RrhZ2CDUI8vnQSDDMmvBWKp0FHprt-Oop_AwHEbxZtXDhnElglalHhOsTdDggHha73W66FHRJJkeMVpk3RGn8oN330ofHF7IEADmLfNzf6wMQiFAq9nY0wFeD-bJZtkM8NXub2uX7gi69YbRnh893qw

1. Sterile Syringes Assorted Sizes - Individually Sterile Wrapped Syringes: 1mL, 3mL, 5mL, 10mL
2. 30G 8mm Needles

Zippered Mesh Pocket:
3. Fentanyl Test Strip
4. Xylazine Test Strip
5. Silica Moisture Packets
6. Leur Lock Syringe Caps

The bottom compartment has a large Storage Pocket (picture) and Divided Storage (picture) that is customizable.

Large Storage Pocket:
hkalhX-TGD0lIoKACwfgPoThwj-fK7deIVNHr7_Uy-YTggijbuSFQ8eFr5evNTm2t58LlII-pSyiIHCe1jn2DSdaKDET08sqQ6dQmVE_ZHFnLCFK3V-oRcF56ZDeOYbUaUeKJgreskbnIRz5Nl_ebT0

1. I only have one bag of (10) 31G 5/16" Insulin Syringes, which leaves approximately two-thirds of the pocket unused.
2. Mesh Zipper Pouch to hold trash until I can dispose of it properly.

Divided Storage:
WGfSSGRuA0vPDxF90PtmZuGxqW4ygMO361ro_eUM25g88dKEaS9iwnCcaf_5yDizmFey7vE56oozi2Sk-A0ZhME1qsDFOMr_aQCyrj3kf8A-JV5ebtGEjh0qSwxiGhDAsxVYIvLbonDzLG1uJygn34Y

1. Benzalkonium Chloride Towelettes - great for when you can’t get to a sink with soap and water.
2. Narcan - Free from a local Harm Reduction Resource/Syringe Exchange Site.
3. .22 Sterile Micron Filters
4. Sterifilt - great alternative Filter option!
5. Miniature First Aid Kit in Reusable Tin:
  • 1x3 Bandages, small bandages, butterfly bandages, spot bandages, knuckle bandages, Antiseptic Wipes, Sting Relief Wipes, Large and Small Safety Pin, and razor Blade
6. Chapstick
7. 30mL Bacteriostatic Water
8. 5mL Sterile Vial with Self-Healing Port
9. Addipak Sterile Solution
10. Milligram Scale
11. Misc. Tools
12. Calibration Weights
13. Alcohol Wipes
14. 2x2 Sterile Cotton Gauze
15. Antibiotic Ointment
16. Tourniquet: Standard & Quick Release
17. 1oz Glass Jar with Cotton Filters (the cotton filters came from the local Syringe Exchange but you can find cotton filters online or use a bit of Q-tip.)
18. 1oz Glass Container with used filters
19. 1oz Glass container with Landing Gear: Xan, Val, Muscle Relaxer, Vyvanse, Adderall
20. .25oz Glass Container with Stash. I've also used a Keychain Pill Container to store my stash. Both are smaller and don't make much noise due to the materials they are made from.
21. Mini Torch Lighter, Torch Lighter, or Torch Pen
22. Nitrile Gloves
23. Disposable Mixing Container/Cooker - I got these from a local Syringe Exchange/Harm Reduction Site. I filled out a request online and the next day received Harm Reduction Kits for snorting, smoking, boofing, and IV.

**************FOUND***************
24. Stericup cookers are available for purchase online through ExchangeSupplies.org, which will ship to the US.

Optional Extras and Future Purchases:
1. Numbing Lidocaine Cream
2. Self-Adhesive Bandage
3. Winged Butterfly Needle
4. Clean Baggies, Small Baggies, or Smell Proof Baggies
5. Vein Finder
6. Clean Straws for snorting or Metal Sniffing Straw
7. Jumbo Straws as a makeshift lab spatula/scoop
8. Pipe
9. Sterile Q-tips or Cotton Micro Filters
10. Misc. Over-The-Counter Medications:
  • Ibuprofen, Imodium, Prilosec or Tums, Aspirin (for Heart Attacks), Gas-X, Pepto, Benedryl
11. Lidocaine Spray
12. Medium-sized Metal Key-ring This is for the "Key-ring Trick"
13. Condoms
14. Lube
15. Gelatin Capsules for oral dosing
16. General First Aid Supplies
17. Hand Sanitizer
18. Floss - Dental care in general is a high priority however a small dental floss case that opens enough to store a g or so is a normal enough item to carry around and won't attract obvious attention.
19. Testing/Reagent Kit, Reaction Tray
20. Portable Syringe Case
21. Diabetic Travel Case
22. Small Circular Labels - good for labeling different substances, writing dates, or concentrations.
23. Butane refill
24. KardiaMobile Personal EKG Monitor - Not vital for anything but fun on a curiosity level. Let's you know how your heart is working while you use.
25. Pill Crusher & Pulverizer
26. Pill Splitter
27. Essential Chemistry Tools Starter Set:
  • Crucible Tongs, Lab Spatula, Scoop, U-shape, Spoon, Test Tube, Clamps, Stainless Steel Forceps, and tweezers.
  • Not all of these are necessary but most of the tools are useful for a variety of applications from smoking or cleaning your pipe to mixing & measuring
28. Magnifying glass
29. Small cash stash - keep enough of a buffer to be able to buy the minimum amount needed for a hit. Only use it if the situation is dire and you can't make it without it.
30. Small Notebook
31. Mini Sewing Kit
32. Pepper Spray
33. Travel Size Supplies to refresh
34. Oil Reducing Face Wipes or Face Cloths
35. Concealer/Makeup
36. Emergency Phone Charging Kit
37. 3’x3’ Mini Tarp as a work surface for unclean locations

All that said, I know this is me being unnecessarily over-prepared but it pays to be thorough and plan for the unexpected, so I go overboard on my supplies and tools.
All supplies are found online through the following websites:
  • Amazon is where I keep a running Master Public Supply Shopping List. The majority of my supplies are from Amazon due to simplicity and speed of delivery. Feel free to explore and add items to the list.
    • THIS IS NOT A WISHLIST. It is simply a Master Public Supply Shopping List anyone can browse or purchase from. There are alternative products and options on the Public Shopping Supply List that are not listed in this document and vice versa.
  • Walmart is oddly the only place to supply Butterfly Needles.
  • ExchangeSupplies.org. I'm excited about ExchangeSupplies.org but curious about the overall cost (currency exchange) and shipping time as it's an EU organization.
  • Nasen.org - Provides Locations of Syringe Exchange Sites and Other Resources.
  • NextDistro.org - Harm Reduction Supplies by Mail

What would you add?

What do you have that I don’t?

Last edited: