• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

IV Diphenhydramine + IV Buprenorphine (The Modern Day Diconal?) - Very Positive Exp.

Morphoid

Bluelighter
The Poor Man's Diconal
A warm hello there to all my fellow psychonauts. I wanted to attempt a recreation of the good old fashioned British NHS treat. Diconal®. For those who don't know, Diconal is an analgesic tablet containing 10mg dipipanone (potent opioid) and 30mg cyclizine (sedating antihistamine, it worked to counteract nausea and itching commonly experienced alongside dipipanone). People used to crush, dissolve and shoot the tablets for the incredible and intense rush they provided. This trip took place a few weeks ago, I wrote it up but never got round to posting it. I'm not going to write a massive rambling piece, I'll simply cut to the chase.

Pharms Used:
  • IV 50mg [2ml Ampoule of Diphenhydramine HCl (25mg/ml)]
  • IV 2.1mg [Buprenorphine HCl (7 x 300mcg amps)]

Harm Reduction Note
Intravenous administration of ANYTHING without proper technique and sanitary preparations is extremely dangerous. Furthermore, the drugs that were consumed within this report were from sterile sealed ampoules direct from the manufacturer (as were the needles, syringes etc.) Do not attempt to crush/filter pills to try and replicate the effects within this trip report unless taking extreme precautions (i.e. Micron filters).

22:00 T+0:00
I mixed the diphenhydramine solution and the buprenorphine solution in one 5ml capacity syringe. I attached a 29G needle (I always try to use the smallest gauge needle to minimise vein damage - this is always a good tip.) I register and see that beautiful 'Old Faithful' plume of dark red and I know I'm in. I depress the plunger and after 3 seconds (I'm still pushing) I get the taste that is typical with IV diphenhydramine administration. Then the rush begins - I find that diph mixed with buprenorphine gives a quick remarkable rush! Nothing compared to the usual, but it's certainly enjoyable. Not many people agree with me that diph provides a rush but it certainly does for me.

22:05 T+0:05
Now I feel the moderate sedation coming on in waves, a combination of the CNS depressant effects that both drugs induce. I'm also feeling a nice warmth creeping up on me after the bupe. I also get very mild RLS (restless legs syndrome) and akathisia when using diphenhydramine, but this passes within a few minutes. (If you do suffer from any extrapyramidal effects usually, I'd advise avoiding diph or any other 1st generation antihistamines for that matter, as they all worsen them).

22:15 T+0:15
I am now nodding very comfortably. The combined effects of each drug compliment each other beautifully, and diphenhydramine's sedative effects are far more pronounced following IV administration. Any nausea I might have suffered from the buprenorphine has been negated by the diph's antiemetic effects.

22:45 T+0:45
Opioid effects have peaked now and the diphenhydramine effects are fading. The high is very nice, not too sedating but also not wired like some people get from buprenorphine. Typical partial agonist effects, the nod isn't as prevalent as it would be with a full agonist, but it is still enjoyable. Withdrawal symptoms I had are now gone, courtesy of the bupe.

In conclusion, despite what I imagine many will say, this was a worthwhile experiment and I found it to be very enjoyable. The synergy between the buprenorphine and the diphenhydramine made for a very sedating but pleasurable experience. If anyone out there wants to try it, please don't - unless you are sure you know what you are doing is safe and you know the risks. I've tried to outline them all, bit if anyone else thinks of more, please post them. Thanks for reading.

P.S. I'm knackered and a bit high right now (on legitimate painkillers I'll have you know!), so I apologise if there are any stupid typos.

Have you tried trying to find Valoid rather than diphenhydramine? abit like the old methadone and valoid combo. I was under the impression that IV use of antihistamines was very very dangerous?.
I'd like to try using etizolam and bupe toghether as I've read that it produces a very nice state.

Good read:D. Thanks for the report. In regards to IV use of DPH, it is not at all dangerous as far as I know. I get migraines quite often and when I must go to the hospital they'll give me an IV of DPH and Reglan (an anti-nausea). And I know that classic taste your referring to.

Yes but I am guessing thats antihistamines prepared for IV injection rather than home prepared , still I don't know.

Good report and we appreciate the disclaimer. Can't be too careful. ;)

Thanks

Yeah, I was under the impression that even ampuoles of antihistamine's were not very safe to IV, however, it's a ton better than crushing up the pills and slamming them like some people do.

I like the way this Trip Report was written, and it captures the combination well (I've experiences it as well). Comparing it to Diconal seems like a bit of a stretch from what I've read, but well done regardless.

Not comparable to Diconal, speaking from very recent experience (last used dike Tuesday).