• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids IV dilaudid/hydromorphone pills what am I doing wrong?

Rylan52

Greenlighter
I have multiple serious chronic illnesses and I’m prescribed IV dilaudid 2mg every 3 hours. Well there’s a shortage and they are having a hard time getting it so I’m having to use pills. The pills don’t really work because I have a gene defect that effects the way I process different meds and I have issues with malabsorption so all they do is keep me from withdrawing. This happened one time before years ago and that’s when I started IVing them. So I’m doing that again and as far as I know I’m doing everything exactly the same way. However, sometimes I feel absolutely nothing I don’t get the rush or feel anything and other times it works good and I feel the rush.

I have Purdue 4mg pills and I’m taking 2 so 8mg every 3 hours although a few times I’ve taken 12mg. This is how I’m doing it: I crush the pills in one of those little dishes that you get sauce in at a restaurant which I clean with alcohol pads and same with what I’m crushing them with. I then add around 1ml of 0.9% sodium chloride from a sterile saline flush that I use to flush my port. Then I either stir it up with the capped end of my needle syringe or I just swirl it around and kinda shake it up just by moving the dish around. I’ve also tried leaving the solution to sit for hours and then I stir it up before doing the next step. Next I take the cotton tip off a q-tip and I’ve tried rolling it up where it’s a firm ball of cotton which is what I used to do and I’ve also tried loosening up the cotton a little. Then I wet the cotton with the saline flush before sticking it in the solution and then I draw up the solution through the cotton. Then I use saline to wet the cotton and draw it up and I do this multiple times. My thought process in doing that is I would think this would insure I’m getting every bit of the active ingredient out of the cotton and I’m not losing anything in the cotton except for the fillers and binders. So idk why sometimes It works and I get a rush but other times it doesn’t work and I feel absolutely nothing. Any ideas or anything else I should do different?

Perhaps it's the multiple filtering losing a lot of the product. You should use micron filters as you only need to filter once plus you're not getting any particles.
Also have you noticed that the times you're feeling nothing (or not much) that the time between your injections is lower by any chance? Just a theory, but you could still be saturated with hydro, so you won't really get a rush
Are you on any other meds? Or could it be tolerance?