• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

IV COKE HAS FUCKED MY LIFE

SurferChic

Bluelighter
This is just a general moan and a word of advice….!!

Don’t ever do iv coke.

One shot and I’ve been hooked ever since, I’ve ruined so much of my life.

My relationship with my husband, social services and kids, I can’t drive. Gambling. I’ve lost thousands of pounds. Messed up my first attempt at detox.

I don’t even know what I’m injecting into my body half the time. Yet I carry on. Is anyone else struggling with the same?

Keep safe y’all 🤍

Don’t ever do iv coke.

My relationship with my husband, social services and kids, I can’t drive. Gambling. I’ve lost thousands of pounds. Messed up my first attempt at detox.

I don’t even know what I’m injecting into my body half the time. Yet I carry on. Is anyone else struggling with the same?

Keep safe y’all 🤍

I have IV'd alot of drugs, mostly opioids, but my entire experience with IV coke was limited to one weekend where I polished off an 8 ball of high end "cooking grade" cocaine (ie the stuff that is used to make bulk crack). I told myself that's it.

Granted I've smoked around $30,000 or so worth of crack since then, which is nothing for a real crack user I suppose. Most of that took place within a 4 month period. I'm not big stimulant user but I guess I had a brief love affair with it. Smoking crack is a waste of cocaine though, in reality. Cocaine can be somewhat useful, or at least productive, but not when its smoked or IV'd (though i gather that IV is more functional than smoked). I wouldn't turn cocaine these days but i think I'm done smoking it.

What is clear however is that IV coke is pretty terrible for you, especially if you are in the UK where it is (ostensibly) cut to hell.

If you are a daily user please look into micron filters (aka wheel filters) as they can minimize a degree of the harm associated with introducing street drugs into the circulatory system. Of course I don't need to tell you that injecting stimulants on a daily basis is a nasty affair and will shorten your lifespan. Just because you messed up your first detox doesn't mean you'll mess up the second. In the meantime you're messing up your body 😔

I'm tempted to leave this here in BDD because there is more traffic but I know where this will end up anyhow so BDD to --->

I have IV'd alot of drugs, mostly opioids, but my entire experience with IV coke was limited to one weekend where I polished off an 8 ball of high end "cooking grade" cocaine (ie the stuff that is used to make bulk crack). I told myself that's it.

Granted I've smoked around $30,000 or so worth of crack since then, which is nothing for a real crack user I suppose. Most of that took place within a 4 month period. I'm not big stimulant user but I guess I had a brief love affair with it. Smoking crack is a waste of cocaine though, in reality. Cocaine can be somewhat useful, or at least productive, but not when its smoked or IV'd (though i gather that IV is more functional than smoked). I wouldn't turn cocaine these days but i think I'm done smoking it.

What is clear however is that IV coke is pretty terrible for you, especially if you are in the UK where it is (ostensibly) cut to hell.

If you are a daily user please look into micron filters (aka wheel filters) as they can minimize a degree of the harm associated with introducing street drugs into the circulatory system. Of course I don't need to tell you that injecting stimulants on a daily basis is a nasty affair and will shorten your lifespan. Just because you messed up your first detox doesn't mean you'll mess up the second. In the meantime you're messing up your body 😔

I'm tempted to leave this here in BDD because there is more traffic but I know where this will end up anyhow so BDD to --->

Absolutely right about the micron filters. Those are around 1 pound each und you can filter large amounts in one go. Get some cheap sterilized plastic labware, little tubes from 1.5ml or 2ml up to 15ml or 50ml, whatever you need. Dilute the cocaine in water or NaCl solution, use a large syringe to suck it all up and then press it through a micron syringe filter directly into the sterile little plastic vessels, which you open only briefly before. Ideally, you want to wear gloves and use 70% ethanol to sterilize your gloved hands. The sterile cocaine solution can then be transported wherever you need it and also be frozen in your freezer for long term storage. That way, you remove particles and bacteria and you have much cleaner injectiosn solutions readily available. It will not help with the adulterants (caffeine?, milk sugar?), those will also go through the filter.

@SurferChic

Hey there :) I know you're having a really hard time right now. I know you probably feel worthless and broken... maybe hopeless. Your life is ruined and you know you're the sole culprit of its downfall, so how do you possibly arrive at the Truth? The Truth is that you are a human, make mistakes and are entitled to redemption and a return to happiness.

You do deserve it. You know what I'm grateful for right now? I'm grateful that I'm here at this very minute talking to one of my sisters. You're not dead yet. You're not out of trys yet. I could feel the sorrow of our shared empathy or I can feel the sunshine of knowing you're not yet done. I choose to believe that you are going to see the light and follow your path back to the life that you want and deserve, not keep poisoning yourself.

You're here talking to us, telling us your story. We are a community based on mutual love and respect and you're one of thsee members. I've been on the street, thinking of the quickest, most painless way of kiling myself, with my parents telling me they hope I die (so my pain will end...). I'm here today and I'm happy. I don't ever have to do that again.

We are all here for you, myself included. If you want or need anything from us as friends, you know how to reach us.

You got this.

Granted I've smoked around $30,000 or so worth of crack since then, which is nothing for a real crack user I suppose. Most of that took place within a 4 month period.
that is a lot of crack in 4 months unless prices are hugely different where you are. i spent ~£100k in my last year (and still want to cry about that) which works out similar for 4 months (depending on exchange rate). so, don't discount it. my habit destroyed my life and took everything from me, so you're v v lucky you got out of using that much with your sanity. don't take it for granted that you could do that again.

@SurferChic i'm sorry you're struggling so much. IV coke is a fucking nightmare. i've barely craved crack since i got out of rehab but have had made cravings for speedballs (i find the idea of IVing coke without heroin fucking stressful so have never done it without). don't beat yourself up for messing up your first detox. its fucking hard.

you can build back up. admittedly i don't have kids, but i know plenty who got theirs back in recovery. i'd lost my job, been forced to rehab by my parents changing the locks to my house and leaving me with either that or homelessness, my relationship was in tatters with my boyf not knowing whether he ever wanted to see me again, psychotic most of the time, health completely failing. and now i have a pretty sweet life.

so it is possible, it takes hard work, but you can do it. what help are you getting and are there any avenues you haven't explored yet?

I have only injected Cocaine on maybe 3 occasions. Two of those were "one off" shots and one instance was a full overnight of show after shot. All I can say is, after I felt that first shot of Cocaine I fully understood how it could totally consume me.

If you comb through my recent posts, I described an instance in which I was about a year sober and I was randomyl offered a hit off of a crack pipe, which I accepted stupidly. Now, understand I was "living the program". Honesty, sobriety, dedication... I had all of that in spades on a daily basis. I generally didn't crave drugs seriously save for very stressful situations.

I took that single hit. I spent the next 24-48 hours desperately trying not to think about Cocaine. It took probably 2 weeks of meetings and deprogramming to get me back to where I was from that one, 5 minute experience.

The pull is insane with Cocaine.

that is a lot of crack in 4 months unless prices are hugely different where you are. i spent ~£100k in my last year (and still want to cry about that) which works out similar for 4 months (depending on exchange rate). so, don't discount it. my habit destroyed my life and took everything from me, so you're v v lucky you got out of using that much with your sanity. don't take it for granted that you could do that again.

It was alot of crack, an all day every day sort of thing. The prices were good too given proximity to mexico. All of it was crack that I cooked myself cocaine hcl (which was part of the fun in some regards). A few other people mooched off of me but a good 95% of it was consumed solely by myself. I lost a significant amount of weight but I was still mostly able to sleep/eat to some degree and didn't really experience much in terms of stimulant psychosis (I've experienced far worse stimulant psychosis from MDPV and various cathinones). Clearly crack was able to get a grasp of me but when I ran out of easily disposable cash I just sort of stopped. I haven't used cocaine much since then, but I wouldn't be above it (fortunately since then the prices of cocaine have escalated such that it doesn't seem attractive). If I did have some again I am pretty sure I would be able to stop myself from cooking it up since I am aware of the inevitable outcome.

Crack had an effect that was narcotic-like given the strong physical euphoria (which seemed to especially appeal to me as primary opioid addict).

Don’t ever do iv coke.

Keep safe y’all 🤍
Don't have any real advice to give ya, but want to say I know exactly what you are going through and the pain you are enduring from something so sinister and damaging, yet we can't seem to let it go even still when we get to the point of hating it we cant and continue the self destruction.

I haven't even been able to fully open up and be honest with anyone about my bender, how seriously bad it is and what ive experienced. If I was fully honest with the details from start to now I can only imagine the replies and I'm either to scared or embarrassed to experience that because I know how utterly horrifying I've let it all get and my girlfriend knows the main details of it all I guess because she's around me most and it just makes her cry and eventually detach because she couldn't handle watching it as it was too disturbing for her plus she's had seroius trauma in life and to lose me from something she bad a small part in creating would ruin her life I imagine. Csll me selfish, maybe I am, but know that I want nothing more then this to all end and would be so emotionally wrecked if I ever damaged her mind permanently from something as stupid as this whole thing. Sure feel like rambling a lot tonight, anyways I think you get what I'm trying to say. Maybe? Hope so. Stay strong and I wish you the very best of luck in your recovery from this affliction we both are currently dealing with.

Edit; go ahead and ignore the run on and on sentences... It's late mkay

Don’t ever do iv coke.

Keep safe y’all 🤍

I haven't done IV coke but the 'one shot' and becoming addicted rings true for me with IV meth. The first time I ever did meth I was either stupid or reckless enough to try IV first time and from the moment my friend injected me that was it. I was done.

The first 2 years of my IV meth addiction I lost so much money, damaged friendships, risked my health (lost 20kg in 2 months in 2016 then in 2017 I lost 7kg in 2 weeks on a binge), almost dropped out of university and overamped dozens and dozens of times.

I went to outpatient rehab in 2017 in around September but I never managed to stay sober for more than around 6 months before I'd slip up for a day or so. So I did another outpatient program after I left the first one after doing it for 2 years and the second one was 2 years long as well. That one I think helped more because eventually I managed to stay off the meth for 18 months. I relapsed in December last year and I'm currently looking for another programme I might be able to do.

If detox didn't work for you this time, what about an outpatient programme like mine? I found a place where I was assigned to a trauma informed drug and alcohol social worker and saw him once a fortnight for 2 years and I found the length of treatment and the consistency very helpful. Inpatient also might be a good option for you if you can find somewhere affordable or even free. There might be a long wait list but it's worth going on it because it's your life.

Don't give up hope please, we are here to support you in any way you need it. Even if you just want to write about how things are currently going, I'd be happy to listen and offer whatever help I can.

Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement.

I have found out today that I have funding again for another detox, so I’m freaking out now. I got 5g arrive in the post and fuck knows what it’s cut with because it’s not like ‘normal’ coke. I’m suspecting benzocaine or fentanyl. I’m a bloody doctor (W A S) so I know exactly what I’m doing but I carry on. I do the shots slowly thinking to myself ‘oh and I’ll know if it’s too much’. I have to use so much now to get high, it’s crippling.

My husband has been amazing. I don’t know how he watches me and hasn’t left me. He’s a medic too and I hate that he knows how bad this shit is.

I write all this but I’m about to go make a shot up.

This is all started because of depression and the joy at having energy and feeling happy when I first started sniffing coke.

I’m going to do it this time. I’m bloody dreading it though, right away I start thinking about how I’ll smuggle some in. I just want to run away.

Thanks again guys, it’s appreciated 🤍

Yep, anyone out there just skip this as you won't like where you end up.

Sending love @SurferChic.

Consider using dexampsalts as a treatment. You will need to filter them properly, IV, or face very negative outcomes. They work ,$$$, if used properly.

ive never heard of cooking grade cocaine before.

Pure cocaine will cook and rock up with less wastage or loss than impure shit. The more cocaine in the cocaine you cook, the more crack you will get.

The economics of high price pure cocaine and higher yields of crack will depend on the price/purity ratio.

I haven't done IV coke but the 'one shot' and becoming addicted rings true for me with IV meth. The first time I ever did meth I was either stupid or reckless enough to try IV first time and from the moment my friend injected me that was it. I was done.

Are you sure it is the ROA? I vividly remember the first time I snorted a good amount of top shelve, highly pure amphetamine. The incredible dopamine rushes that followed, the super pleasant tingling sensation running over your head and spine, the clean and intense euphoria firing up for hours and hours, the crazy energy, the intense conversations with your friends that followed all night. I was pretty much immediately hooked. Like you, I ended up using daily, lost 20kg, got speed psychosis and completely fucked up everything. No injection ever required. I did have to switch to plugging the amphetamine, though, as my nose was fu**ed.

Are you sure it is the ROA? I vividly remember the first time I snorted a good amount of top shelve, highly pure amphetamine. The incredible dopamine rushes that followed, the super pleasant tingling sensation running over your head and spine, the clean and intense euphoria firing up for hours and hours, the crazy energy, the intense conversations with your friends that followed all night. I was pretty much immediately hooked. Like you, I ended up using daily, lost 20kg, got speed psychosis and completely fucked up everything. No injection ever required. I did have to switch to plugging the amphetamine, though, as my nose was fu**ed.

I think anyone can become addicted with any ROA, but the needle is definitely the most addictive. On a scientific level you are getting 100% bioavailability of the drug instead of say 60%-80% or thereabouts. There is also the ritual that comes with shooting. I've shot pure sterile water for the placebo effect of seeing the blood register in the syringe and pushing the plunger down. I will often when I get to the end of my bag do multiple 'bag rinses' as a way of trying to make sure I've used every last bit of it even if by the end I'm shooting water.

I'm not sure if the same type of phenomenon as needle fixation exists outside of that ROA. I could be wrong, and I know people do find the act of smoking meth very addictive itself aside from the drug, but I have smoked, eaten, snorted, plugged and IVed my drugs and I will always without fail come back to IV use no matter what. The others just don't do it for me.

I think it's probably fair to say that if you lost so much and had such a bad time from snorting amphetamines, you should be extremely glad that you never picked up a needle because I daresay it would have been much worse.

I managed okay when I was still snorting my meth. I lost tonnes of weight and got psychosis (initially I couldn't IV myself so I snorted instead until I figured it out). After I finally learnt how to IV myself I was in outpatient intensive rehab after 6-8 months of IV use. It was so fast I barely had time to blink.

Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement.

I have found out today that I have funding again for another detox, so I’m freaking out now. I got 5g arrive in the post and fuck knows what it’s cut with because it’s not like ‘normal’ coke. I’m suspecting benzocaine or fentanyl. I’m a bloody doctor (W A S) so I know exactly what I’m doing but I carry on. I do the shots slowly thinking to myself ‘oh and I’ll know if it’s too much’. I have to use so much now to get high, it’s crippling.

My husband has been amazing. I don’t know how he watches me and hasn’t left me. He’s a medic too and I hate that he knows how bad this shit is.

I write all this but I’m about to go make a shot up.

This is all started because of depression and the joy at having energy and feeling happy when I first started sniffing coke.

I’m going to do it this time. I’m bloody dreading it though, right away I start thinking about how I’ll smuggle some in. I just want to run away.

Thanks again guys, it’s appreciated 🤍
I feel for you and I fucking love the courage and honesty it takes to write the posts that you have. Please do not give up on yourself. I know all about self-loathing, regret, shame, etc. At the end of the day, you matter. If not to yourself right now...absolutely someone else, i.e., husband and kids. It's a living hell, addiction. I checked myself out AMA, my first trip to clean up. That was just 2 days in. Second time...same thing. 3 days and I literally went out the front door while everyone else was having dinner. Did a bunch of 12-step meetings. But in all honesty, this site has saved my life more than once. It's the only place I can be myself and not get judged. Everyone here has issues of some sort, and it feels like one GIANT, dysfunctional family to me!! GOOD GOOD WISHES TO YOU!!!:heart6:😎

Ive found this website great, totally agree with what you said.

I’m not gonna miss the annoying faff of getting drugs off the dark web.

I’m not sure who was talking about cooking crack. I mix my coke with sterile water, filter into the needle and shoot.

I did the most rank thing. Ran out of coke. Got all the needles out of my sharps box and used the blood to make a shot. Shamefully I got a good hit. … but yup that’s where I am 🙈🙈

SO… who here has got clean?

@SurferChic i'm sorry you're struggling so much. IV coke is a fucking nightmare. i've barely craved crack since i got out of rehab but have had made cravings for speedballs (i find the idea of IVing coke without heroin fucking stressful so have never done it without). don't beat yourself up for messing up your first detox. its fucking hard.

you can build back up. admittedly i don't have kids, but i know plenty who got theirs back in recovery. i'd lost my job, been forced to rehab by my parents changing the locks to my house and leaving me with either that or homelessness, my relationship was in tatters with my boyf not knowing whether he ever wanted to see me again, psychotic most of the time, health completely failing. and now i have a pretty sweet life.

so it is possible, it takes hard work, but you can do it. what help are you getting and are there any avenues you haven't explored yet?
Arrrrgh, I read speedball and literally felt goosebumps uu

Ive found this website great, totally agree with what you said.

I’m not gonna miss the annoying faff of getting drugs off the dark web.

I’m not sure who was talking about cooking crack. I mix my coke with sterile water, filter into the needle and shoot.

I did the most rank thing. Ran out of coke. Got all the needles out of my sharps box and used the blood to make a shot. Shamefully I got a good hit. … but yup that’s where I am 🙈🙈

SO… who here has got clean?
Stop what you doing altogether seriously, I once bought 40 grams of cocaine and didn't snort even a bump. I spent 8 days banging,slamming, injecting all of it. I've had 2 grand mal seizures and 1 mini stroke when I was 21. Iv coke is the most detrimental shit u can do to ur body, even worse if the gear over there is bashed to fuuuck. I've recked most of my veins cause of it and now when I go to hospital they take a lot of time to draw blood from me, my blood is full with shit I suppose. Plz reconsider whst you're doing before you die, or switch to crack at least before u go to rehab. Iv coke is just not caring/loving yourself.