• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine IV Cocaine - Missed / Leaking Shot - Read Rash Spreads Almost Instantly Around Site

ryan656

Greenlighter
I did a few of shots of coke and TWO of them missed I guess, cause as soon as I was done I could literally see red rashes forming around the injection site - as far away as 3-4 inches. It goes away in about 20-30 minutes but its crazy that it spreads so quick!

This has never happened to me so my question is, what is going on?
Is this normal at all?
Is this Celluitis or the beginning of it?

Hopefully someone can help me out here, I am pretty paranoid at this point :(

Thanks

More info is needed to make an educated guess, E,G location shot, filtered used, condition of needle, ect ect... it could be any number of things, but I'd be willing to bet the cut is causing the irritation.

OK thanks, here is the additional info:

Location: 1 was top of my left hand and the other was the big long vein that runs down the outside of your arm
Filter: Piece of cotton from cotton ball
Needle: This is the bad part, I have been using the same set of needles for awhile - so this one in particular was used maybe 5-6 times before.

To add to my original post, the red spots / rashes were also numb - obviously due to the cocaine. The rashes have pretty much disappeared and whats left is a red, raised up bump that is slightly painful to the touch - one at injection site with the middle arm one being larger.

I am kinda nervous that I may have caught an infection or something. Like how long does it take to start showing symptoms? Should I be worried at all?

Thank you!! I really appreciate it.

As above. A mixture of a gross needle, a bad shot and most likely not great blow. My arms look pretty fucked right now as a result of the same thing (though mostly with amphetamines) last night. you'll be fine bro.

Keep an eye on it, because with that amount of needle re-use, and the fact that you are using regular non-sterile cotton balls as a filter probably caused the rash. Always, always be sterile when it comes to injection technique. A needle in only designed to be used ONCE, after which it becomes blunt and damaged (not visible to naked eye) and this will cause skin irritation. Kind of like a serrated knife, if that makes any sense.

You should be fine, but as I said keep an eye to make sure it doesn't spread, that you dont get a fever and if you have mild steroid cream apply that to it.

After shooting successfully what do u apply to injection site. I don't like alcohol anything stringent damages site. I usually used a compress just wondering what u guys do to keep site healthy.

After shooting successfully what do u apply to injection site. I don't like alcohol anything stringent damages site. I usually used a compress just wondering what u guys do to keep site healthy.

It's alcohol first, gauze pad with some pressure after.

Every time I've used alcohol the site was useless!

So alcohol scared the vein away or something?

What I posted is the same thing RN's do when they take blood. Although some don't even swab your arm first like they are supposed to.

So alcohol scared the vein away or something?

What I posted is the same thing RN's do when they take blood. Although some don't even swab your arm first like they are supposed to.

This is true.

Infection maybe?

That is the cocaine spreading under your skin above the muscle basically a subcutaneous injection and causes irritation under the skin. It could be possible for some sort of infection to come from it but 9x out of 10 it should go away in 10 to 30 minutes especially if you run the area that is redness and numb. Cocaine is close to one of the worse drugs to inject, its horrible on your veins, the rush to your brain and heart could be fatal and missing injections can cause a world of trouble especially because most people dont use any type of filter when they suck it up in the needle which could cause a number of types of infections. But I'm guilty of all the above. I've had abscesses form from missed shots and done so much damage to veins and skin. I think the worse thing about IVing coke is how many times you stick your self especially continuing using the same point over and over. It's a shame syringes aren't more accessible to the public.

That is the cocaine spreading under your skin above the muscle basically a subcutaneous injection and causes irritation under the skin. It could be possible for some sort of infection to come from it but 9x out of 10 it should go away in 10 to 30 minutes especially if you run the area that is redness and numb. Cocaine is close to one of the worse drugs to inject, its horrible on your veins, the rush to your brain and heart could be fatal and missing injections can cause a world of trouble especially because most people dont use any type of filter when they suck it up in the needle which could cause a number of types of infections. But I'm guilty of all the above. I've had abscesses form from missed shots and done so much damage to veins and skin. I think the worse thing about IVing coke is how many times you stick your self especially continuing using the same point over and over. It's a shame syringes aren't more accessible to the public.

Good point.

There is a reason that needles are disposed of after one use. They are grotesque up close.