• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Its just a waste of time now

Onemoretoad

Greenlighter
Friend has been using cocaine for about 1.5 years now. Its cheap for him and at the start it was guilt free as the family was out of town. Work is stress free but requires social skills so it would seem the excuses are many. Problem is he tries to stop for a bit but the arguments with his wife seem to increase and he blames it on the mood swings from withdrawal. Which again give him an excuse. Pretty much up to 1 gram a day, which for the most part he simply is in a good mood. The health concerns are great and he doesn't know how to combat the attitude he gets without it. Any help or ideas?

Tell your friend to stay off of it for a few months he will be back to his old self in no time.

Ok, I had a short answer ^^^ but I'll add to it. I abused cocain for several years and when it was time to quit I was able to walk away still alive with my nose intact. It prolly took six months of trying but I finally quit and it didn't take long for my brain to adjust. I can't tell you how many almost full bags (3.5 grams) i threw in the trash before I finally stopped buying it. my life and my marriage improved drastically after I quit. Btw I didn't take anything to ease anything.

Your not having mood swings from withdrawal your having mood swings from cocaine. The half life is so short your guarenteed withdrawal so long as you use cocaine. It sounds trivial but this slight difference in thinking is important. If your in withdrawal what do you do when your missing something you take something. Withdrawal will always be a few hours or less away from cocaine the only way to prevent the ups and downs is to withdrawal the cocaine and step off the roller coaster.