• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Itching scalp

Before you apply the tea tree oil, you have to get rid of the bacteria or possible infection. Apply a solution of 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar (organic, unpasteurized) and 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide in 10 parts water. Leave in for a minute before rinsing out well with water.

A good idea to supplement with the same Apple Cider Vinegar in a dose of two teaspoons in a glass of water once or twice a day.

Tea tree oil is antibacterial and antifungal.

Tea tree oil is antibacterial and antifungal.

And a wonderful essential oil it is indeed. The H2O2 in the aforementioned solution helps kill off bacteria and pathogens through oxygenation, while ACV delivers a healthy cocktail of vitamins, minerals and amino acids to the area to help it rebuild a healthy balance as quickly as possible and thus keep any further bacteria development at bay. This one-two punch is more effective than the tea tree oil treatment alone. This is why I did not discount the earlier tea tree oil suggestion, but said "before you apply the tea tree oil" in my previous post.

these are all great suggestions- did the OP ever get a diagnosis? i was thinking it sounds like scalp psoriasis? we have been experimenting with all kinds of brands of hair shampoo/conditioner ls but alot of these are new to me and these recent years i think the advertisements for some of the "healthier solutions" are bs. h&s and yes to brands definitely don't work, tea tree oil for sure is drying, so gotta try the oil treatments, lately i can even stand ponytail my scalp feels tender wherever i pull it back.