• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'It is time to end the war on drugs', says top UK police chief!

^^ Indeed, it sounds awkward. By the way, I apologize if I've been rude, or perhaps I come across like a smartass.

I think he was talking to me. I called Obama a robot cyborg android automaton sock puppet or something.

Just saw this on the BBC website. I'm shocked on 2 counts. 1, that an ACTIVELY serving chief police officer has come out and said this, and 2, that the guy happens to run the force that's only the next county over from me.
will defo have a look at my funds next week. I've already looked at my purse this week and a cloud of famished looking moths flew out..

Street angels have seen fantastic results in the town i live in.

I really thought and hoped that Obama would be able to change somethings.. wishful thinking I guess.

Last edited:
Pull your head straight down and you might figure it out. Comparing a man who was awarded a noble peace prize with a man who is wanted for war crimes should not really be that difficult.

All they have to do is realize that they will make exponentially more with so much less overhead and hassles working for a new drug system.. right you guys.. come on come on think about the money. Hey and for anyone that got offended buy this you will also no longer be doing a despicable thing so you will no longer have to you lie to yourself all the time, telling yourselves you are trying to do good, because you will actually be fighting the good fight, truly helping people, and doing the right thing.

NSFW:

I agree. very satisfying to hear a police chief say this truth to the public. what a brave, honest man.

I guess it would be a little more terrorizing if it was hovering over your residence all the time as it would kinda equate to a terrorist with a bomb standing in your living room.

seems like whenever a country tries this thing the us just amps it up in true child like reverse psychology fashion. end the war on drugs? no! we are going to turn it up to 11! were going to win this war! though it destroys communities, families, people and just continues the current cycle of the rich getting exponentially richer and the poor staying poor. when you are out on the bottom, there is nowhere to go. you cant get any poorer. however when you have millions upon millions of dollars made on the back of human misery, well then you can just earn interest on that money from other guys that mnake their money on human misery. i think about scrooge mcduck swimming in that giant silo filled with gold coins.

I understand the idea, save the world by toppling an evil rich or corrupt elite and take what you jealously desire.

Allot of us only desire a little more time to pursue what we feel is important and we realize that if the focus switched to improving lives for all that participate, instead of inflating up some bottom line for the wealthy. life would be allot better. Most of us look at the super greedy rich an do not desire their sickness or the shallow crap it provides. We would like to work a four day week and get paid a little better. We dont need all the useless crap, but in a system that's designed to make allot of us scrape by, after slaving hard for useless profits provided to greedy people, upon whose lives it will make no difference at all, we just want a little more of the pie and we want to use it in what ever way we want.;)

If technology was used to benefit the masses our standard of living would rise overnight to a station never even dreamed.

Last edited:
I am glad that a powerful official such as this one cares more about solving the problem of addiction than maintaining the status quo. While I don't agree with his opinion that all drugs are bad, his intentions are good and he bases his views on logic and experience. His strategy has already worked wonders in Portugal, and we need to consider it in all countries.

Has he been sacked yet?

At the end of the day, politicians are the deciders and I would not count on them: politicians don't align laws on the facts, they align facts on their laws.

I disagree that it would increase use. You can look to places where this has already been implemented and see that new users and teenage users has not increased. Thanks to education, many people don't want to risk becoming a slave to a narcotic. The majority of users use marijuana only. Forcing addicts and experimenters to the black market increases crime and murder and all the horrible things I have seen because I chose to use marijuana and had to deal with criminals because of this failed prohibition and drug war. All the people profiting from this is organized crime and street gangs and the prison industrial complex and all those dea ageints and law enforcement needed to enforce the laws. The system is obviously broken and needs a complete overhaul. What a great country this would be if users weren't clumped in with thieves, murderers and rapists.

in that veganism cuts out 90% of essential nutrition
it takes about 10 times more land to grow an acre of plant protein because the body can't assimilate it as well as animal
Wha?
These statements are clear evidence that you know very little about nutrition and growing crops, and that you have a bone to pick with vegans.
If you don't know anything, it is best to keep quiet.
Especially because this is not really the place for a discussion of the benefits or problems with veganism.
There is a forum on BL called "healthy living" where your discussion would be more thematically appropriate, though your evinced lack of knowledge might not....

Drug diversion would be practically non existant there would be no point in diverting drugs anymore and legit pain patiants would get proper amounts of medications easier and without dirty looks from doctors.

Drugs are bad mmmkay?
I agree with the officer, and that's a first!
Cannabis IS a gateway drug. I don't care what anybody says. You start buying weed you enter into a world of drugs. It's not long before your weed dealer has some acid that "you've just got to try!"
Weed itself I believe is harmless and the choice of whether to use it or not should be up to the consenting adult.

The police will NEVER win the "war" on drugs. As long as there's demand, there's sure as hell gonna be supply. They can wipe out poppy fields in Afghanistan day in, day out, it won't even make a dent. So they'll come up with new ways of detecting, and the dealers will come up with new ways of importation.
Let me know how that war's going in 10 years.

Wha?
These statements are clear evidence that you know very little about nutrition and growing crops, and that you have a bone to pick with vegans.
If you don't know anything, it is best to keep quiet.
Especially because this is not really the place for a discussion of the benefits or problems with veganism.
There is a forum on BL called "healthy living" where your discussion would be more thematically appropriate, though your evinced lack of knowledge might not....
Are you saying an evinced lack of knowledge works for here?