• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

It Can Be Done

Cheddar_Bob_313

Bluelighter
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this post, if it isn't please feel free to move it moderators.
Let's talk about methadone otherwise known as liquid handcuffs. After a couple months worth of bingeing on fentanyl the clinic seemed like a good idea. It stopped me from doing fent but brought on it's own set of problems. My daily dose was 55 mgs for almost a year, I tapered down to 20 mgs and just stopped going. I got sick of the clinics bureaucratic bullshit and them picking favorites with people and not applying the rules fairly to everyone. I searched the internet up and down for peoples stories of quitting methadone cold turkey. All I can find was discouraging advice. Well I'm here to tell you that it can be done, I'm now going on a week methadone free. Here's some of the stuff that helped me through the worst of the withdrawal.

Baclofen, Tizanadine, and Tylenol have managed the body aches and restless legs
Etizolam has helped with the anxiety
Driminate has helped with nausea
Pepto-Bismol for nausea and diarrhea
Vaping hash rosin helps with the appetite
Red Vein Kratom 4-8 grams per day kept me comfortable

Congratulations on getting off methadone 🙏 I just hope the benzos don't become a daily habit for you because being dependent on them can potentially be even worse.

I appreciate the concern, I know all about the dangers that benzos can present. Etizolam to me is like a weaker version of valium, it's not that recreational. It does stop the anxiety and panic attacks I've been experiencing due to the withdrawal. Which to me has been the worst symptoms. Once these few pills are gone I have no way of getting more so that nips that in the bud.
Congratulations on getting off methadone 🙏 I just hope the benzos don't become a daily habit for you because being dependent on them can potentially be even worse.

So complex with these medicines. The interactions and the unknown. Stacks of pills of all kind what happened to eating?
Can't bust my head in this but need to read through listed substances hope I make it back.
Safe

Congratulations but I would advise people to drop as low as possible. Ijumped from 5mg last year and ended up on fentanyl after a week of no sleep

Also seroquel can make rls worse

So complex with these medicines. The interactions and the unknown. Stacks of pills of all kind what happened to eating?
Can't bust my head in this but need to read through listed substances hope I make it back.
Safe
Some of these medications I've already been on like the seroquel and clonidine. I don't advise mixing a bunch of substances you don't have experience taking because they may have detrimental effects. I'm just listing some of the things that personally helped me. None of these have any bad interactions from what I've researched. Tizanadine and Baclofen are usually prescribed together for back pain and such. You can take one or the other, it doesn't have to be both. The only RX meds are clonidine, seroquel, Baclofen, and tizanadine. Everything else like driminate can be bought over the counter. I can't speak on the etizolam or where I got it, but it can be obtained or it can be swapped out with another RX benzo. I'm also pretty sure if there were bad interactions I'd be typing this from an emergency room by now. It's been over a whole entire week.

I'd advise eating if you can or pediasure (kind of common sense thats why I didn't mention it), plenty of Gatorade. B complex vitamins, magnesium complex if you can stomach it.

Last edited:
Congratulations but I would advise people to drop as low as possible. Ijumped from 5mg last year and ended up on fentanyl after a week of no sleep
I would advise it as well, I'm just glad to be free of liquid handcuffs and it can be done. Getting on methadone is the worst mistake I've ever made besides doing fentanyl in the first place. Some people stay on methadone their whole entire life unable to taper or get off it, legit liquid handcuffs. My own father was a slave to it for almost 20 years, no way I'm going down that road. I'm not trying to speak from my high horse, I hate those sober preachy types. It takes a lot of will power, I'll personally never touch opiates again.

Last edited:
One medication I would HIGHLY NOT recommend taking in withdrawal is Mirapex (Pramipexole) it's prescribed to treat RLS but made it 100x worst to the point I almost had to call an ambulance the pain was so bad. I'm not the only who has had that experience, I know quite a few people who it also happened to.

seroquel is a strong substance, imo, and has its place but drops me too low and will only use it if "emergency" so to speak.
Sorry but I lost my train of thought and may be back sooner than later.
Sincerely,
J
:unsure: