• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

It’s Official, 2020 Festival Season is Fucked

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I was hanging on to a shred of hope, I had two last hold out options in mid Aug and mid September but with peoples absolute failure to adhere its all over man... The Aug event postponed a week or so back and today I heard the news I was expecting, the Sept event has too.

Deep down I knew this was a likely inevitably but it’s taken time to accept. Big rigs are like a drug to me, F1’s make me drool and I actually get depressed when I’m not near a good system in awhile.

For everyone here, what’s been your substitute this year for festivals, raves, what-have-you?

In a few months I’m heading to the coast see if I can’t find me some mushrooms, camping and hanging in nature have been my replacement. Next week me, my girl, my brother and his lady are heading out to a remote spot to trip n roll so it ain’t all bad ;)

-GC

i feel you. in september Rage Against The Machine should be playing here in Vienna. I would have been the last concert on their tour and I would have loved to see them, even if I saw them about 15 years ago. So - we have to wait . Fuck.

JJ

I work at a local festival in Ireland and it’s still going ahead. Reduced numbers of course and a load of socially distanced nonsense but it will work. Looking forward to it!

I work at a local festival in Ireland and it’s still going ahead. Reduced numbers of course and a load of socially distanced nonsense but it will work. Looking forward to it!

Have fun, PrincessDiz, but please be careful and stay healthy :)

JJ

I’ll be there... ;)

See if the US had actually tried we may be there now too, shit this one event was probably gonna be only 200-300 people tops and thanks to politicizing of mask wearing we fucked our selves.

On the plus side it’s allows some of us to prep well to make 2021 absolute insanity.

i feel you. in september Rage Against The Machine should be playing here in Vienna. I would have been the last concert on their tour and I would have loved to see them, even if I saw them about 15 years ago. So - we have to wait . Fuck.

JJ

One band I’ve always wanted to see but probably never will. :/

-GC

See if the US had actually tried we may be there now too, shit this one event was probably gonna be only 200-300 people tops and thanks to politicizing of mask wearing we fucked our selves.
It is going to be 500 people this festival. A few stages so they should be well spread out and it’s in a huge area, people will be camping at it. As will I, love getting mucky with the gang! Lol

It is going to be 500 people this festival. A few stages so they should be well spread out and it’s in a huge area, people will be camping at it. As will I, love getting mucky with the gang! Lol

Swamp life! Haha. My favorite festival is a wet one for sure, it’s pretty much guaranteed rain where I’m from.. Some can handle it, some can’t.

500 people sounds perfect too. I keep it to small festivals myself too cuz to me the biggest aspect of a festival is community which majorly lacks as they get larger, especially in the states.

Plus at the small festies your a lot better chance at finding a random tank popping off balloons, smoke bud wherever you want, snort bumps of K in the crowd, shit you can’t do at bigger events :)

Actually 2 yrs back there’s a video of me and my brother on YouTube 8am last morning sniffing K in front of speakers just talking mad shit about nothing... That was probably one of the best nights of my life running around all night with my brother causing a ruckus, don’t get to see the kid enough..

But I digress.. lol. Hope ya’ll have a great time!! I’ll be wishing I was there.

-GC

I will never forget when I went to Blackout ll. Insane settings -- winter. It was a private party also the line-up. It happens once 5 years and it's pretty underground, the word ''pretty'' really fits it. It revolves around moody techno/ambient or even ''methodical'' sets. Depends. Unique experience though.

I will never forget when I went to Blackout ll. Insane settings -- winter. It was a private party also the line-up. It happens once 5 years and it's pretty underground, the word ''pretty'' really fits it. It revolves around moody techno/ambient or even ''methodical'' sets. Depends. Unique experience though.

Interesting that it’s happens once every 5 years... That would make it so damn special yet part of me would worry if the next one would ever come. I have this mentality that all good things must come to an end and constantly worry if my fun is all dried up.

-GC

Interesting that it’s happens once every 5 years... That would make it so damn special yet part of me would worry if the next one would ever come. I have this mentality that all good things must come to an end and constantly worry if my fun is all dried up.

-GC

While that last sentence it's true, I don't think you need to over-think this one, haha.

I was hanging on to a shred of hope, I had two last hold out options in mid Aug and mid September but with peoples absolute failure to adhere its all over man... The Aug event postponed a week or so back and today I heard the news I was expecting, the Sept event has too.

Deep down I knew this was a likely inevitably but it’s taken time to accept. Big rigs are like a drug to me, F1’s make me drool and I actually get depressed when I’m not near a good system in awhile.

For everyone here, what’s been your substitute this year for festivals, raves, what-have-you?

In a few months I’m heading to the coast see if I can’t find me some mushrooms, camping and hanging in nature have been my replacement. Next week me, my girl, my brother and his lady are heading out to a remote spot to trip n roll so it ain’t all bad ;)

-GC

Dude, I've been struggling with this for months. My band was going to play a lot of smallish festivals this year, and they were all cancelled. We might do one in October but I'm not so sure. All of our bookings for the whole year basically got destroyed. I found this out at the beginning of April and it fucked me up, I went through a period of intense drug abuse, ended up in the ER from GHB, been trying to recover from that since. The level of disappointment/sadness was/is huge.

My band threw a one-day/night camping music festival at their farm, 2 weeks ago... ~35 people who were friends or friends or friends. We played 3 sets, the whole thing was awesome, very much needed for everyone.

Dude, I've been struggling with this for months. My band was going to play a lot of smallish festivals this year, and they were all cancelled. We might do one in October but I'm not so sure. All of our bookings for the whole year basically got destroyed. I found this out at the beginning of April and it fucked me up, I went through a period of intense drug abuse, ended up in the ER from GHB, been trying to recover from that since. The level of disappointment/sadness was/is huge.

My band threw a one-day/night camping music festival at their farm, 2 weeks ago... ~35 people who were friends or friends or friends. We played 3 sets, the whole thing was awesome, very much needed for everyone.

Yea this has to be so difficult for music artists like yourself right now.. Are a lot of the festivals you guys booked with essentially keeping you guys on the roster for 2021?

What I would give for a 35 person shindig right now. My buddy tried inviting me out to Denver in late July for a little AirBnB get together with a few local artists but financially couldn’t swing it.

You have been gone a bit and I was wondering if something was up, I actually finally got hands on GHB myself but haven’t really dove in after hearing so many negative stories, sounds pretty unpredictable.. Hope things are on the up n up now though :)

-GC

I've been around but not posting as much except the the Lounge and CEPS. I'm actually all tapered off phenibuyt which I used to get off GHB. GHB is a lovely drug, the key is self-control. Which is impossible for me. I think I have less self control on GHB than I do on opiates.

But yeah it'a rough. I believe we're on the roster for 2021, yes, but I don't handle the booking so I'm not totally sure. I suspect that most places are going to pretend that 2021 is 2020 in terms of their lineups.

Actually 2 yrs back there’s a video of me and my brother on YouTube 8am last morning sniffing K in front of speakers just talking mad shit about nothing...
I’d actually be pretty upset if videos surfaced online of me doing drugs.

I’d actually be pretty upset if videos surfaced online of me doing drugs.

Ya mildly embarrassing lol, but you can’t really tell who I am and what exactly I’m doing unless you had some context watching the video. You mostly just hear me saying stupid shit.

Thankfully the only video as far as I know.. Besides the video I made as a kid (like 15-16) when I was tripping on mushrooms and went around doing my own narration of the house party.

-GC