• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Issues with Marijuana lately

Jmartind87

Greenlighter
I've been smoking and consuming marijuana regularly for about the last 3 years. The first couple years, the effects of the marijuana were pretty standard. I would feel high, euphoric, and even sleepy if I let it set in. If I let the sleep set in, I would get a great night's rest with no lasting issues.

However, over the last several months, a drastic change has occurred out of nowhere. Marijuana, regardless of how I use it (pipe, oil vape, dry herb vape, edibles, wax), doesn't get me high like it used to. Instead, I'm left feeling ultra spacey, feeling cracked out. It isn't a pleasant feeling. I've tried multiple strains (indica, sativa, hybrid), from multiple dispensaries. My sleep is absolutely dreadful on it as well. Regardless of the strain, it keeps me up. When I get to sleep, I wake up in the morning feeling miserable, like I've had a body transplant, and feeling like I haven't slept in a week. I took a week off from it to see if maybe it is a tolerance issue, but that made no difference, and I've never been a smoke all day, everyday type. Any ideas?

P.S. In case it makes a difference, I grind up all my weed at once and store the different strains in plastic, unused pill-like containers with pop-up lids. Doesn't look like mold is growing on the marijuana. Untrained eye though.

Only thing new in my life is periodic mdma use, accompanied by 5-htp use.

Maybe there is something happening in your life that is stressing you out and the weed is exacerbating it?

You have access to a dispensary but you didn't mention trying a high CBD strain. You also didn't mention taking one small hit and then quitting.

If you have tried these things already then maybe it's not the right time for you. Drugs can often be like a new relationship and it's a good idea to distance yourself every now and reflect on your life and ask, "What have you done for me lately?"

I only smoke kush (indica sativa hybrid leaning more indica) and it doesn't make me anxious. sativa-dominant does sometimes.

I haven't ever gotten anxious on it, even when it was effective for me.

Periodic mdma use = a few times over the past few months. Taking an extended break from it now though.

Depression/stress is a non issue.

hey, welcome to BL. were you buying from dispensaries since before the change in effects?

Have been buying from dispensaries for quite some time, well before the undesirable effects started kicking in.

I've been smoking and consuming marijuana regularly for about the last 3 years. The first couple years, the effects of the marijuana were pretty standard. I would feel high, euphoric, and even sleepy if I let it set in. If I let the sleep set in, I would get a great night's rest with no lasting issues.

However, over the last several months, a drastic change has occurred out of nowhere. Marijuana, regardless of how I use it (pipe, oil vape, dry herb vape, edibles, wax), doesn't get me high like it used to. Instead, I'm left feeling ultra spacey, feeling cracked out. It isn't a pleasant feeling. I've tried multiple strains (indica, sativa, hybrid), from multiple dispensaries. My sleep is absolutely dreadful on it as well. Regardless of the strain, it keeps me up. When I get to sleep, I wake up in the morning feeling miserable, like I've had a body transplant, and feeling like I haven't slept in a week. I took a week off from it to see if maybe it is a tolerance issue, but that made no difference, and I've never been a smoke all day, everyday type. Any ideas?

P.S. In case it makes a difference, I grind up all my weed at once and store the different strains in plastic, unused pill-like containers with pop-up lids. Doesn't look like mold is growing on the marijuana. Untrained eye though.

Only thing new in my life is periodic mdma use, accompanied by 5-htp use.
You have access to a dispensary but you didn't mention trying a high CBD strain. You also didn't mention taking one small hit and then quitting.

If you have tried these things already then maybe it's not the right time for you. Drugs can often be like a new relationship and it's a good idea to distance yourself every now and reflect on your life and ask, "What have you done for me lately?"
This could be a tolerance issue, I'm the same way daily smoker for 10 years, at some point even indices has stimulating effects. It's weird I know, and can't explain either. Take a nice tolerance break and start small one toke at a time see what happens. Maybe the magic will return, maybe not.